ROLZ

Tavern - Exploration: A Pathfinder Kingmaker-esque Campaign

9

Exploration: A Pathfinder Kingmaker-esque Campaign

Kinnon17 · Sep 25th 19:08 by beardguy · 326 · show header text
    Page 4 of 4
1 · by beardguy · Jul 05th 03:38

Meldrok would prepare his extracts for the day

1st level: cure light wounds (x2) the remaining two slots will be left open

2nd level: cure moderate wounds, cat's grace, the remaining slot will be left open

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jul 05th 16:30

Herkuleez would sit up and let out a massive yawn and stretching before standing up and grabbing his swords.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jul 09th 02:49 · changed: Jul 09th 03:00

The group was ecstatic to hear the news the group had brought to them; the several farmers you had with you were already discussing rotation circles for the crops to maximize the yields and inviting the animal handler Jokul about maybe taming the deer or seeing about hunting them as well. The gnome brothers were causing a ruckus with their plans to build granaries for the farmers and storehouses for the group as well. It sounded like everyone was ready to start up the town at that location already from their words and smiles on their faces. Orbul would go up to Melinkov and ask him in a hushed tone, "We should avoid that weird pool of water you spoke about. Orbul thinks that it is cursed magic, I've heard of something similar like that before with a patient...Orbul don't want to see what that man said to be true." She said with bead of sweat on her face; you've never known her to be nervous about something before, so you would take her words into consideration.

"How should we proceed, lord Melinkov?" Said Taleisin said with a smile on his face an no gimp in his walk this time; it would seem your healing along with Orbul's first aid has made him just as chipper as once you entered this place. Tahala was at his side, also with a smile on her face though she seemed a bit different; not as enthralled looking in her expression to either Herkuleez or to Melinkov, perhaps whatever spell was bewitching her about swooning over the men had subsided or that she no longer had any interest in them? Alas, figuring out a woman's heart was a nigh impossible task even for the cunning dwarf.

They all awaited the group of three leaders their decision about their next move; eager to get things started and make their new lives in this untamed wildlands.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jul 11th 16:49

"Do not worry, my friend, I was planning on marking off that area as a prohibited zone until we can figure out something to do about it, if we even can. I would never intentionally put anyone else through what we went through there." Melnikov would reply to Orbul in a hushed tone as well. He would then turn to the group and continue.

"I would like to start moving to the area sooner rather than later. There is something I would like to take care of just before we get there, however. There is a pride of lions living somewhere close to the field of grain we found. I encountered two of them not long after we first discovered it. I was successfully able to persuade them to leave the area peacefully, but I do not believe they would take very kindly to a large caravan of invaders entering their territory unannounced. With the utmost luck on my side, I hope to either create a non-aggression pact with them, or make them our allies. My senior druids were successfully able to do so with a pack of wolves in the forest I hail from, and I learned how to go about these negotiations from them, but they do not always work on every species of fauna. I feel as if I can also transform into a more diverse assortment of animals as well as some other forms. If I am able to transform into one of them, it will make communicating with them very simple, and they know my scent, so they should not attack me on sight. I know it is a dangerous gamble, going in by myself, but it will be well worth it if everything happens the way I hope it will. I can explain more along the way if you wish for me to, but I would rather get as much travel in as possible before the sun sets. We are much better off if we can see what is around us while traveling than being almost completely blind."

1 · by beardguy · Jul 12th 22:02

"Melnikov, if you like I can prepare an extract that would negate one's natural odor making it impossible to located by smell alone. Some-one could consume this extract and accompany you should negotiation with the lions go awry.

If you wish to pursue this course of action, I am competent at sneaking around when need be, unless iyo, or someone else is better at that sort of thing."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jul 13th 17:48

The three of them would nod at Melinkov's words of action an both Tahala and Orbul would start giving directions for the rest of the caravan to start getting things going along. Taliesin would stay behind and listen to Meldrok's words of advice. "I would say that you would still be the best for that kind of thing Meldrok; I may be a hunter but our stealth skills haven't exactly been honed on this kind of expedition we are on and I don't think any of our abilities are up to snuff...I think we would have Herkuleez stay with us and help with moving the lumber an bricks so that we can start building a make-shift camp. Having him there would cut down the setup time by hours, maybe even get it done within the day! It was truly a blessing by Erastil that he would come upon us in this manner; a strong being like him within our ranks and our survival odds would have increased twofold, wouldn't you agree big guy?" He would ask Herkuleez and pat one of his large, long arms by reaching up a bit.

1 · by beardguy · Jul 14th 04:01

"Very well" Meldrok would say in response to Taliesin. "Melnikov, what say you? Do you require my assistance, or should I stay here with the others. I am sure I can make myself useful somehow if that is the case."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jul 15th 16:59 · changed: Jul 16th 16:10

"I am not someone who is adept in stealth either, Taliesin. I still believe that it would be best if I go by myself. If anything, I will take Iyo with me since her and I fight almost seamlessly as a team and I can prevent her from being hostile. These matters are very sensitive, especially when these creatures have more than likely had this territory for quite some time. We are the invaders here, and I'd like to only introduce them to everyone if everything goes right. I'll ponder more on the topic as we travel and inform you as to whether or not I change my mind. For now, I suggest that we assist everyone in making sure everything on the caravan is accounted for. I think it would be best if you and Hael-sif were the lead carriage, Meldrok. That way the caravan can simply follow you and I can focus on staying along the sides of it with Iyo to protect it and make sure nothing falls off. Does that sound alright with you?"

Melnikov would inquire to his comrade.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jul 15th 20:26

Herkuleez would sigh a little "Herkuleez appreciate compliment, though Herkuleez would like to slay monsters...... but Herkuleez guess that if this is where Herkuleez needed then I guess Herkuleez can help build stuff." He then would proceed to stand up ready to work.

1 · by beardguy · Jul 17th 03:12

"very well Melnikov, I will stay with the others"

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jul 29th 17:10

"Sounds like we have a plan. Now, let us finish getting everything ready so that we can set off."

Melnikov would make his way over to assist in whatever may need to be finished in order to head to their destination.

1 · by beardguy · Aug 03rd 05:09

Meldrok would follow suite, and do what he can to make himself useful.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Aug 05th 19:37 · rolls: 2 · changed: Aug 05th 20:19
Rolls in this post: #1 1d100-20 = 24(44 - 20)   #2 1d100 = 80(80)  

With the plan in motion and the caravan finally loaded with all the gear that had been taken off for the last several days, they headed out on the path they took to get here; whilst also avoiding the weird pool that they had come across on their original trek.

Now that they had the slower, heavier caravans to look after, their travels would take a bit longer than normal, even with knowing the better way to get through the plains and hills; it would take them about 8 hrs to cover the same 12 miles per area, which would mean it would take them about 2 days to get there( would arrive on the evening of the second day) if they didn't encounter anything along their way...

Random Chance Encounter Roll!

Minus 20% due to familiar path

1d100-20 = 24(44 - 20)

Due to their careful approach and excellent sense of surroundings this time, they were able to avoid any surprise happenings on the first day. After 16 hours of travelling the group would take a minor respite to to setup a temporary camp and the many warriors they had at their disposal would help take turns sleeping an standing guard to help protect the several groups of horse drawn wagons.

Night Time Roll Encounter!

1d100 = 80(80)

((I'll have it that the three of you are taking a watch altogether since the caravan now consists of 4 wagons instead of 1 carriage alone, so that they had made a circle around the center fire like in old western's. Each of you would be making rounds about the camp for this scenario, so you all are at least 60 ft away from each other))

Roll a Perception Hearing Check~

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Aug 06th 04:41 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+22 = 37(15 + 22)   #2 d20+9 = 26(17 + 9)  

Melnikov would have used up two of his uses of Wildshape on the the ride over and would currently be utilizing his 3rd use of the ability thanks to his Druids Vestments. He still has use of all of his spells since he would not have had to use them on the trip so far, save for his Orisons. Him and Iyo would be moving back and forth around the caravan perimeter, keeping an ever vigilant watch on their surroundings.

0 lvl Spells: Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Purify Food and Drink

1st lvl Spells: Obscuring Mist, Entangle, Speak with Animals, Charm Animal

2nd lvl Spells: Barkskin, Fog Cloud, Soften Earth and Stone, Lesser Restoration

3rd lvl Spells: Greater Magic Fang, Sleet Storm, Call Lightning

Perception Check(Hearing): d20+22 = 37(15 + 22)

Handle Animal Check(To Push Iyo to use the Detect trick): d20+9 = 26(17 + 9)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Aug 07th 03:05 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 6(6)  

Herkuleez would be walking around the wagons listening for anything that could be approaching. Though due to his size and belief in his own strength he tends not listen very close. (OOC: hurray for 0 perception lol)

Perception roll: 1d20 = 6(6)

1 · by beardguy · Aug 07th 22:41 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 +11 = 18(7 + 11)   #2 1d20 + 1 = 19(18 + 1)  

During the travel time Meldrok would have prepared his extracts

1st level: cure light wounds (x2) adhesive spittle, the remaining slot will be left open

2nd level: cure moderate wounds, cat's grace, the remaining slot will be left open

Immediately before doing his patrol, Meldrok would attempt a stealth check to try and remain unseen from any potential threats.

stealth 1d20 +11 = 18(7 + 11)

perception: 1d20 + 1 = 19(18 + 1)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Sep 11th 23:43 · rolls: 5 · changed: Sep 18th 17:53
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+12 = 23(11 + 12)   #2 1d6+4 = 9(5 + 4)   #3 1d4 = 2(2)   #4 1d20+5 = 18(13 + 5)   #5 1d20+5 = 12(7 + 5)  

As the three party members walked around camp, doing their nightly rounds, two of them(Melinkov-Iyo included-and Meldrok) heard a swooshing sound coming from up above them as it then began to beat it's wings as it stayed in place above them. The night sky was too dark to see clearly but they could certainly see the creature up high...it looked like a Dragon! Though, it didn't roar in anger an instead opted to make a dive bomb directly to Melinkov as it didn't want to try and take on the massive creature that was Herkuleez. With the wind pressure whizzing past the fire, it was put out like a light as it extended it's stinger like tail to stab at him before landing on the ground with a loud thud an skidding to a stop on the ground!

Attack 1d20+12 = 23(11 + 12)

Damage 1d6+4 = 9(5 + 4)

Poison Damage-CON 1d4 = 2(2)

Fort Save DC: 17

It howls a loud and deep roar, waking up the entire caravan with it as it tries to kill you all for being in it's territory you would assume. Initiative Roll!!

Initiative 1d20+5 = 18(13 + 5)

Greater 18 1d20+5 = 12(7 + 5)

((Melinkov; since you detect where the Wyvern was before it swooped down to you, I will grant you a circumstance save for the aerial flyby-charge attack. If your reflex beats the Attack roll, you dodge. After this, combat will resolve as normal))

1 · by beardguy · Sep 13th 04:37 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 + 6 = 16(10 + 6)  

Infinitive: 1d20 + 6 = 16(10 + 6)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Sep 14th 15:00 · rolls: 3 · changed: Sep 16th 04:33
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+3 = 23(20 + 3)   #2 d20+0 = 18(18 + 0)   #3 d20+0 = 7(7 + 0)  

Reflex Save!: d20+3 = 23(20 + 3)

Initiative: d20+0 = 18(18 + 0)

Roll for greater 18: d20+0 = 7(7 + 0)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Sep 16th 04:31 · rolls: 2 · changed: Sep 16th 04:34
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+4 = 18(14 + 4)   #2 1d20+4 = 8(4 + 4)  

"WHOOO! Giant monster for Herkuleez to kill!" He shouted in excitement

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 18(14 + 4)

Roll for Greater 18: 1d20+4 = 8(4 + 4)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Sep 18th 21:06

Initiative Order:

Wyvern

Herkuleez

Melinkov

Meldrok

NPC's

Will update later with combat info an things.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Sep 21st 15:44 · rolls: 2 · changed: Sep 22nd 00:52
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+10 = 13(3 + 10)   #2 2d6+4 = 14(4 +6 + 4)  

The wyvern roars again as it moves towards Melinkov, upset that it barely missed it's perfect sneak attack to him as it spreads its wings to look larger than it already was as it this time tries to bite him with its massive jaws!

Attack; 1d20+10 = 13(3 + 10)

Damage; 2d6+4 = 14(4 +6 + 4)

However, the uneven terrain made it miss its mark as it missed him and the loud chomp from the teeth smashing would probably make melinkov feel glad it missed that ferocious bite!

Black = Wyvern

Dark Green = Melinkov

Light Green = Iyo

Dark Blue = Meldrok

Orange = Herkuleez

Light Purple = Wagons; 1 = Agriculture, 2 = Building supplies, 3 = Living Wagon, 4 = Dispatch Wagon

Beige = Horses

Brown = Portable Stable

Red = Firepit

AC = Alchemist Carriage

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Sep 22nd 17:25

Herkuleez would draw his two massive blades and charge at the wyvern making a double move toward the beast.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Sep 22nd 18:04 · rolls: 8
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+9 = 26(17 + 9)   #2 d8+4 = 6(2 + 4)   #3 d20+9 = 24(15 + 9)   #4 d8+4 = 9(5 + 4)   #5 d20+9 = 18(9 + 9)   #6 d6+4 = 8(4 + 4)   #7 d20+4 = 16(12 + 4)   #8 d4+2 = 5(3 + 2)  

In order to position himself so that Iyo could move into a flanking position, Melnikov would take a 5-foot step, diagonally, to the left of the beast. He would then unleash a full-round attack on it, bearing his fangs and roaring angrily!

Talon #1: d20+9 = 26(17 + 9)

Damage: d8+4 = 6(2 + 4)

Talon #2: d20+9 = 24(15 + 9)

Damage: d8+4 = 9(5 + 4)

Bite: d20+9 = 18(9 + 9)

Damage: d6+4 = 8(4 + 4)

Foreclaws: d20+4 = 16(12 + 4)

Damage: d4+2 = 5(3 + 2)

1 · by beardguy · Sep 25th 19:08

Assuming each small square is 5 feet, Meldrok will take a double move action (at normal speed coming out of stealth) to try and get behind the wyvern

    Page 4 of 4
15.5
  ↑ top