ROLZ

Tavern - RE! Survive! (AU Story)

1

RE! Survive! (AU Story)

Kinnon17 · May 16th 22:01 by SparxTheHero · 40

The year: 1998

The Location: Raccoon City, Arklay Mountain range

The situation report...

Raccoon City Police Department had received numerous reports of hunters going missing in the forested area of the Arklay Forest area along with grisly looking deaths for some of the local fauna. With the rising reports an the Mayor's reelection in jeopardy with the paparazzi inquiring why nothing has been done for months other than warnings issued to the public about staying away an practicing Gun Safety classes hosted by S.T.A.R.S. members as 'insufficient action' to remedy the public's concern had stated that they would launch a Search and Rescue op for the missing hunters that have yet to return for more than a week since the Turkey Hunting season just ended for the state. This is where the group of three new recruits of S.T.A.R.S. Charlie Team are assigned their first solo mission to finalize their permanent promotion from the regular task force.

They were being airlifted into the dead center of the mountain range, where most of the reported hunter's wives had said was the area of highest concentration of game was; given flares to signal for pickup if they had discovered any bodies or for return to home base ops. Each was issued a Long-Range Walkie-Talkie to keep in contact with their pilot John Richards, Rear Security Maria Shaw, and their team leader William Mathis as they scouted from the air in other locations where reports of horrific body findings. It is here that they discover something truly evil that their training and years of experience would be put to the ultimate test...

Charlie Team Makeup~

Leader-"Captain William Mathis"

Rear Security-"John Richards(Pilot)"

Rear Security-"Maria Shaw"

Pointman-"Io Lockser"

Omni-Man-"Elise Lualdi"

Back-up Man-"Ricardo Carvalho aka RIP"

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 22nd 06:08

Time: 1900

Date: 07/24/1998

Location: Arklay Mountain Forest, East Quadrant

The whirring of the blades from the helicopter was something Charlie Team had become accustomed to this noise; just another daily grind in the S.T.A.R.S regimen of training. Today was a different case though as the team was being split up, which was in complete contradiction of the team formation but sometimes things like being separated happens on the field. Also being sent out at night was another oddity but the chiefs orders came late in the day an were required to be done promptly. Captain Mathis was always stern about that kind of thing, so here they were; at night in the forest as the were closing into the LZ. Their brunette haired leader turned back to them; his visage always looked so intimidating with his old school eye-patch and scarred face, shouting orders to them.

"Alright, listen up team! Io, Elise, and Ricardo are to search this quadrant according to the map I had given you guys in the briefing. There are a total of 11 missing persons and things as big as bears have been reported killed by whatever is out here. The mission plan is the same; Find the missing civilians first or at least find out what happened to them. Secondly, collect any evidence of what things could be doing this. We are checking out the railroad path further up the range, about twenty miles from you. Only hit up the radio once you have collected sufficient information; we only got one chance at proving that we are worthy of our titles! Alright, go go go!" He shouted at the three of you, once they hit the ground. You unbuckled yourselves from your restraints and jumped out, seeing the clearing was safe you waved the helicopter go and turned on your walkies to the agree frequency. The forest grew darker by the moment, it would be wise to pull out your flashlight to begin the search...

In the immediate area, it would be clear that someone with a bit of tracking or nature knowledge would be required to find any kind of hints of where to go or just try dumb luck searching in a given area from your maps.

GAME START

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 22nd 06:54 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+7 = 23(16 + 7)  

Elise would pull out her map of the area in her dominant left hand and her flashlight in her right, clicking it on. She would unfold the map and point her flashlight at it, making sure to not illuminate the wooded area around them while doing so.

"Most normal fauna would be scared away by the sound of the chopper, but anything outside of that may be attracted by it. Keep your lights low, eyes up, and ears open."

She would look down at her map, seeing where possible areas to start were.

Knowledge(E/LS): d20+7 = 23(16 + 7)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 23rd 04:18

Io would sigh as she slung her rifle over her back before pulled out her handgun and flashlight holding the gun in her right hand and light in her left.

"The woods at night, not exactly great conditions for my rifle.... starting to think that missing eye of his is making it hard for him to see these aren't ideal conditions to start looking for something. Hope you two can bring down whatever we're looking for, my handgun isn't exactly going to be taking something the size of a bear down very easily." She'd say frustratingly.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Apr 23rd 08:40

Rip would laugh a bit as he readied his sidearm and flashlight, aiming towards the ground. "Don't worry, if we need to take something like that down, my shotgun would surely make quick work of it. Now then, which was are we heading?"

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 24th 00:29 · changed: Apr 24th 04:46

Elise would see three probable places to begin the search; there was a riverbend that was at a base of a small cliff just north of them, that seemed like a good spot for hunters to be in and then there was a valley that went east from that very riverbend that looked like a place where deer would go to for food. The last place she figured was worth a check was where several animal carcasses were marked on the map that were way too close together, to the south of them in a very hilly area.

All seemed like as good as any other to start, the northen ones being a few miles but uphill while the southern was five miles but going down the slope thus using less energy to get to it.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 24th 00:41

"It looks like we could either go three miles north, uphill towards two areas worth checking out or we could go five miles south, downhill towards one. The north two could be explored more from afar, but the south location had multiple carcasses gathered in the same area. I personally fell like the south location, with its noticeable evidence would be best to start with. What about you two?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 24th 02:26

"Well since we have no way to observe something from a distance in the dark, the South one makes the most sense until day light."

1 · by SparxTheHero · Apr 24th 02:28

"South is fine with me, so long as we get moving sooner than later. The longer we wait, the less light we will have."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 24th 04:46 · rolls: 1 · changed: Apr 24th 04:49
Rolls in this post: #1 1d100 = 68(68)  

As the squad decided to make their way south, they would see that there was an eerie lack of noise in the forest; no birds, no squirrels, nothing was making a single bit of noise in the area they were in. The tension could be felt in the air just from their passing by the trees, the autum colors making a rather solem atmosphere to be in...

Encounter Roll: 1d100 = 68(68)

Several minutes would pass as they made their way further down until an awful smell would assail their senses; it was that of a decaying corpse. After tracking down where it was strongest they would see that it was a cougar! Several bite marks littered it's body, blood seeping from it's wounds and gashes but it seemed there was another creature or even two as the amount of blood an gore couldn't have come from a single animal.

Perhaps a quick investigation would yield some insight?

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 24th 05:00 · rolls: 1 · changed: Apr 24th 05:07
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 15(15)  

"That's definitely an ugly sight to behold......." Io would say looking at the body and area surrounding it

Investigate: 1d20 = 15(15)

1 · by SparxTheHero · Apr 24th 05:06

"Que porra é essa?!" Rip would say as he readied his gun towards the cougar.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 24th 05:28 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+7 = 26(19 + 7)  

"Rip, can you cover me for a bit? I wanna game a look at the bodies."

Elise would make her way over to the animal, holstering her sidearm, and putting the map back in her chest pocket. She would then kneel by the animal, holding her flashlight between her legs and taking a pair of medical gloves out of her bag as well as a pair of forceps and a specimen vial just in case. She would put the gloves on, uncap the vial, placing the cap in her pocket, and then try to figure out what could do so much damage to an apex predator like this!

Knowledge(Earth and Life Sciences): d20+7 = 26(19 + 7)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 25th 20:44 · changed: Apr 25th 21:13

TopSlayer117

Time Elapse: 10 minutes

From the way the body was laid here, the blood splatters on the ground and the amount of gore that was abound...Io would speculate that it almost seemed like the cougar went right up to whatever was here, unafraid since there were not many struggle marks in the nearby area. Whatever killed the cougar, either was hiding in plainsight or maybe fell from the tree above?

______________

Timmeh1024

Time Elapse: 30 minutes

From the careful handling of the specimens and proper equipment Elise brought aling with her, she was able to make some startling news; there were actually three different species invovled with this scene, including the coigar The saliva density an texture were different for some of the bites but she didn't have the tools to figure what species but could tell they were around humanoid in size an yet...completely killed this cougar, possibly by numbers from the looks of the carcass. An the weirdest part...the brain was eaten whole; the skull bashed open in the altercation and then devoured...rarely if ever wild animals ate the brain an left everything else behind...

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 26th 07:40

"There isn't many signs of struggle.... it was either investigating something standing out in the open or it got jumped from the trees. Either way don't play with it too long, we need to move sooner than later. Also might wanna check the trees from time to time, seems unlikely that it got jumped on from the trees, but cougars don't seem like the types to walk right up to something that can kill them.... especially that quickly." She would say flashing the light above the carcass to see if there was something lurking above.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Apr 27th 17:21

"Disgusting, what could have done this?" Rip would say as he stayed watch. "But Io is right, we should probably get moving soon. I'd rather not be caught unawares by whatever killed this animal."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 27th 17:36 · changed: May 01st 23:14

Elise would pack up her equipment and redraw her sidearm, keeping her flashlight in her right hand. I agree with the both of you.

"I'd love to be able to properly dissect this creature, but I don't have the proper tools with me to do so. That and whatever killed this thing is definitely not something I'm familiar with. I'll explain my findings to the both of you on our way towards the other locations, but we should definitely leave here quickly if we are. Let's head towards that cliff overlooking the riverbend."

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 01st 23:51

As the group would head back up the hill, taking a bit longer to reach the cliffside one they were heading towards now, it would seem like the sky was getting darker but something would peak their interest as they made their way up; what looked like an abandoned Park Ranger station was situated on the hill. It's outcropping had a good view of the entire hillside, since it was built on the rounded corner an was somewhat built into the hillside. No where on the map did it indicate there was a Ranger station built here though...

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 02nd 00:36

"Wait you two. That ranger station is not on the map from what I can remember. Let me check to see when my map was last updated."

Elise would holster her sidearm and pull her map out of her chest pocket, pinpointing where they are in relation to where the hill was.

1 · by SparxTheHero · May 02nd 17:08

"Maybe if it's as abandoned as it looks, they didn't bother putting it on the map?" Rip would say as he kept an eye out on the surroundings, not wanting to be caught unaware.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 02nd 21:29

"Hate to agree with Rip, but it's a valid point. However it is in the mission area so we should go take a look at least. For all we know whatever got that cougar could hide out in there."

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 02nd 22:59

Elise would see that her map was very recent; only timestamped five months ago. It would be highly unlikely that it would have been constructed so recently yet it did not look dilapidated at all, really good conidition as a matter of fact but bigger than most the geoup would have seen as an outpost.

Before they had much time to think further on the matter, several deep yet raspy howls could be heard echoing in the forest...wolves weren't uncommon in the area but there was something off about the pitch that didn't sound quite right...

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 03rd 02:26

"Well, looks like we're closing in on our possible culprits. That or they're closing in on us. Either way we don't exactly have an advantage out here, best to assume whatever's out there knows where we are so we best keep moving. Like I said, that post is in the mission area so we should check it out, marked on the map or not we have a job to do and if whatever we're looking for is hiding in there then we'd better go look." Io would say in a very serious tone as she kept her head on a swivel surveying the area.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 03rd 02:40 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+7 = 24(17 + 7)  

"Yes, I agree you there. Being out in the open is not my cup of tea. Let's get over there sooner rather than later and hunker down. Those things may be able to smell us though, so prepare yourselves for a fight."

Elise would put her map back in her chest pocket and unsling her P90, holding it in her left hand and her flashlight in her right while they hustle to the station.

If possible, she would attempt to identify the creature that made the sound, or at least the thing closest to it.

Knowledge(Earth and Life Sciences): d20+7 = 24(17 + 7)

1 · by SparxTheHero · May 04th 17:39

"I don't like the sound of whatever that is. I'll take up the rear, make sure nothing sneaks up on us." Rip would make his way with the other two, keeping his sidearm readied and his flashlight aimed towards the ground. "Let's just get inside."

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 06th 20:43 · rolls: 1 · changed: May 07th 22:26
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+1 = 4(3 + 1)  

The disgruntled howl sounded like a wolf, though it just wasn't quite right overall...like it's throat was maybe damaged or something? Either way, it didn't matter much since they weren't waiting to see what was coming for them as they made their way up the hillside to the Ranger station. A distant growl could be heard as they made their way to the front entrance; a large double door that was finely made, with ornate carvings and decor on it again showed the care that was put into it.

Just as they made it there, two canine looking animals bounded up a steep slope and jumped onto the ground some 30 ft from the group but with their flashlights out they got a good look at the creatures but they might've not been prepared for what they saw...

The dogs looked like a doberman breed; tall and muscular but their bodies were full of wounds, gashes an such...part of their maw skin was missing, adding an extra layer of horror as the bloody teeth were shown, with their glazed over eyes!

Roll Initiative!

Dogs: 1d20+1 = 4(3 + 1)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 07th 02:07 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+3 = 17(14 + 3)  

"Well aren't these just the ugliest dogs you've ever seen. I'd almost prefer a Chihuahua...... plus side, it looks like we might have some evidence to bring back after all. Time to bag em and tag em, shame my poor rifle will have to miss out on all the fun." Io would say as she aimed her hand gun and light at the beasts.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17(14 + 3)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 07th 02:33 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+2 = 18(16 + 2)  

"Your rifle will get plenty of time to shine, as long as we make it out of this! Io, you and I will focus our fire on one while RIP fends off the other!"

Initiative: d20+2 = 18(16 + 2)

1 · by SparxTheHero · May 07th 12:53 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+3 = 22(19 + 3)  

"Let's just focus on killing them first! We can worry about evidence when everyone is safe."

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22(19 + 3)

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 07th 20:48 · changed: May 07th 20:48

Combat Start~

Order:

Sparx

Timmeh

TopSlayer

Enemies

((FYI: could you guys put your HP and AC at the top of your posts so I can have a quick reference an font have to dig up your sheets everytime? I'll trust the saves an everything else but it just helps me make appropriate posts and such))

1 · by SparxTheHero · May 07th 23:11 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+4 = 16(12 + 4)   #2 2d8+1 = 7(2 +4 + 1)  

AC: 13

HP: 13

Rip would ready his Five-seveN and fire it at the nearest hound.

Attack: 1d20+4 = 16(12 + 4)

Damage: 2d8+1 = 7(2 +4 + 1)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 08th 13:56 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+3 = 19(16 + 3)   #2 2d8+1 = 16(8 +7 + 1)  

AC: 13

HP: 7

Elise would fire a shot at the closest best from her P90!

Attack: d20+3 = 19(16 + 3)

Damage: 2d8+1 = 16(8 +7 + 1)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 08th 17:32 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+1 = 14(13 + 1)   #2 2d6+1 = 9(6 +2 + 1)  

AC: 16

HP: 7

Io would shoot at the beast that RIP did

Attack: 1d20+1 = 14(13 + 1)

Damage: 2d6+1 = 9(6 +2 + 1)

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 10th 19:01

Bullets would ring out in succession as the teams precise firing would become apparent; Elise had gotten a perfect shot to the creatures temple and it fell sideways from the impact of her P90 gun. Then both RIP and Io would land excellent shots on the other dogs head, barking in response to the first shot then collapsing after the second. It would be a hollow victory as in the next second they would hear even more howling an in the distance could see several pairs of red eyes coming up the hillside; seems like they attracted more attention than eliminated! They could try to fend them all off or with the few moments of peace could go into the ranger station and hole up in there.

((2 Full-Round actions before more dogs come))

EXP: 250 each(200 from Encounter, 50 Bonus for 1st round kill/no damage)

1 · by SparxTheHero · May 10th 22:39

"We should get inside, it would be more advantageous to defend from that building. Besides, I'd rather not try our luck with whatever those are." Rip would say turning to the girls. "If you need your samples, it would be best to grab them quickly."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 11th 21:18 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+7 = 26(19 + 7)  

"Cover me then. The samples from these could have huge implications."

Elise would sling her P90 on her way over to the closest corpse, kneel down next to it, and take out her Medical Kit. She would make an attempt to take a sample of the creature's flesh, most specifically from the open gun shot wound in its head.

Knowledge(Earth and Life Sciences): d20+7 = 26(19 + 7)

Once get sample is secured in get pack, she would hussle back towards the Ranger station, assuming her comrades would come with.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 11th 22:33

"Make it snappy you crazy medic, I don't wanna have to explain you got eaten by the world's ugliest K9." She would say covering Elise.

She would make her way to the building once Elise was past.

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 16th 03:50

The amount of time that Elise would need to get the sample from the corpse would be pushing the limit on the time they had; moments would pass an the growling of crazed canines would come ever closer. With it, even more eyes became apparent in the distance; at least four more! They had maybe about 6 seconds before they would be cascaded upon by the flesh rotten dogs, right then Elise had finished her sample an they made their way into the mansion with a slam! Outside they could feel the double doors move from the force of the dogs hitting it, they locked it but it didn't look like it would hold long unless they braced it with something soon.

Once out of immediate danger, they would look over the station that they had come into; there were a few stray lamps that lit the establishment in a few corners of it for them to get a good view of the place. It looked kind of like a weird split level building; there were small steps that would go up and down right as they entered, the one down was completely black. The upper part seemed to have a radio/comms setup on the west side toward the hill, a few computers on the right side that looked like the rangers would make their reports. Along with spacious floor space with benches and vending machines, as if they would accommodate guests or lost hikers? There was two other hallways with doors blocking their entrance that they could see from their lower viewpoint.

Back to the matter at hand, what was close by that could be used for a brace was either a sturdy wooden chair or what seemed to be an oak walking stick...unless they wanted to try an quickly find something better in the station?

(3 Full Rounds before the door will fail)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 16th 06:16 · rolls: 1 · changed: May 16th 06:16
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+6 = 10(4 + 6)  

"Well isn't this just lovely." Io would say sarcastically as she searched for something stronger to block the door..... or explosives to trap it.

Search: 1d20+6 = 10(4 + 6)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 16th 12:58 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+7 = 27(20 + 7)  

"Less complaining and more looking! Those things will be on us in no time unless we either get the hell out of this room or barricade the door well enough!"

Elise would attempt to spot something in the room that would be ideal to barricade the door, but also able to actually be moved there in time!

Spot Check: d20+7 = 27(20 + 7)

1 · by SparxTheHero · May 16th 22:01 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+2 = 14(12 + 2)  

Rip would press himself against the door, shouting back to the others. "I'll hold this as best I can until you can find something. Let me know if you need help moving whatever you find!"

Strength Check: 1d20+2 = 14(12 + 2)

14.6
  ↑ top