ROLZ

Tavern - Guild Start Up(Private Game)

1

Guild Start Up(Private Game)

Kinnon17 · Jul 09th 03:25 by TopSlayer117 · 176

In the world of Golarion, specifically in the lands of the Inner Sea Region was a resurgence of Guilds. The movement was slow but then once it got the momentum, it quickly became adopted in all countries for the Guild Association to pracrice in. And in the beginning of this golden age of Guild status rising, we look upon our group of adventurers who got the permission to start their first guild in the land of Taldor in the small town of Karakuru.

It is here, the three friends come upon the old manor of the previous mayor that resided in town, before it was left unfinished during the fall of the Golden Age for the country. The Langely Estate(to be changed once decided) was their first home; they would need some help from the local folk to get it back in working order and had about 100 gold left to their name after the purchase and licesning bonuses the association gave them. Along with a guidebook to the rules they would need to follow, as listed here...

"Welcome to the Taldorian Guild Asociation!

Here is the criteria of what your guild is allowed to do as part of the addocation and what other free reign you have for your own Guild Rules!

Tier 1 Status~

Member Limit(Excluding essential staff; cooks, bookeep, etc.): 10

Quest Level Access: Tier 1 and Tier 2(Most are received by your local or neighboring towns, some may be sent to you but will be withing your home continent)

Quest Quota(All quests completed by any members, not just leaders): 4 Successful Quests completed per calendar Month.

Alloted Allowance for Guild(To be used for Upkeep/Upgrades Only): 100 Platnium(A finance report needs to be filled out and sent to your Regions Guild HQ for record keeping)

Tier Up Requirement: Either of the following, whichever happens first; 6 months of continious profiting/quest fufillment, Reccomendation from another Guild, or Special Circumstances(Only at Regional HQ Discretion)

As long as you adhere to these rules and tenants an report all success/failure of quests completed by your Guild to the Regional HQ, you can operate within your scope of influence. Morals, Ethics are to your design, though remember if it harms the overall influence of the Guild Association, termination of the Guild will be the least of your concerns!"

Page 1 of 2  
1 · by Kinnon17 · Nov 27th 21:13 · changed: Dec 10th 01:09

Langley Estate

Incomplete Mansion~

Bedroom count: 10(5 in each wing; 3 on ground floor and 2 on the second floor)

Lobby area: 50' x 30'

Kitchen Area: 30' 15'

Dinning Room: 40' x 30'

Pantry: 25' x 25'

Finished Rooms: Lobby, Pantry Storeroom, Kitchen, Dinning Room

Unfinished Rooms: All Bedrooms, front and Back Courtyard unkempt.

Each bedroom is 20' x 20', can either be demolished to combine into larger rooms or segregated further to make smaller rooms for whatever function the group desires. Cost and time to do so will depend on the number of people working on it and how much materials are needed for those rooms.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 10th 01:09 · changed: Dec 10th 01:14

Week One; Day One 08/01/4719~

The outside of the manor was quite the sight; a lot of money had gone into the restoration of it an now it was complete for the new tenants of it. The big double doors swung open as a tall, gaunt man stepped forward and took off his tophat as he turned around to the new owners; a half-orc by the name of Brunkvik, a half-elf named Lucia and lastly a catfolk named Cassan.

"This is it folks, the old Langley Estate; new coats of paint, finished interior of the kitchen, dinning room and bedrooms as basic as they come. We believe in minilist design to start an let the guilds build upon it from there. You have free reign of the title an deed, placed upon that table right there." He pointed towards the dinning room, there was a small black case with a lock fastened onto it with the key sitting next to it. He then walked about the base floor a bit before putting his hat back on an then walked up to each of the young owners giving them a personal, master key to all the locks. "This is just the beginning for you three as part of the Guild within the Region. If you have any questions, send for me at this address. If by horse, should only take 3 days to receive an 3 days again for me to reply. By sender bird, 1 day either way but more expensive you know. Either way, you have a bulletin board in the lobby here with some requests that are fresh from the area. You have until the end of the month to complete 4 quests an submit a finance report along with Public opinion and success report of quests an personnel recruitment for the last week."

He then tipped his tophat to the three before turning around an heading out of the door; not before looking back one last time to give them his name. "Name is Jensen by the way, hope you all do the Taldor Guild proud.~"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 11th 21:13

Lucia would look around examining everything with an excited glimmer in her eyes. "This is amazing! Way better than sleeping in tents of hotels! I can't wait to add a bar, a stage, a big bath, the coziest bed ever, and so many books with my research and other in them! It's going to be great! "

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 11th 23:06

"Thank you for your time, Jensen. We look forward to working with you in the days to come." Brunkvik would say as he extends a shallow bow to Jensen on his way out.

After Jensen were to have left, Brunkvik would turn to his companion, saying, "Feel free to spend your money on whatever you want, Lucia." he would chuckle at the abundant excitement of his companion. "I will be more than satisfied with the most minimal room necessary, since I do not plan on spending all that much time indoors. If I could help it, I'd almost rather sleep outside in the fresh air, but most of the people around here would likely think that to be odd."

Setting his packs down on the ground, out of the way from where anyone could trip over them, Brunkvik and would appreciate the space they now had to conduct the operations of their small guild.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 11th 23:25

"This is fantastic! Much more room than I expected for our first Guild Hall!" Cassan would exclaim as he looked about the inside of the building.

"Hopefully the locals will be accepting of our presence! I'd hate to be a thorn in their side!" Cassan would also set his bags down to the side of the room, and stretch his back as he continued. "After all, we're here to help them with the issues they have!"

Cassan would then turn to his companions, "That being said, we should probably get to work. We need to hire people and finish quests before we can progress!"

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 12th 04:49 · changed: Dec 12th 04:50

Just as the three were beginning to settle in; taking in the sights of their new base of operations, their new home...there came a couple of raps on the closed double doors behind them. Followed soon by a moderate pitched, feminine voice breaching the solid oak material. "Hello? Is this the new guild that opened up? That man, Jensen I think, told me this was the address...said you guys could maybe use some help starting up an...if you'd have me, I would love to help out!"

The voice had some pep into it, though it wasn't quite the normal human that they had heard in their past journeys...almost a bit more animalistic yet still refined to listen to. Already it seemed like the guild was sending help their way for the daily tasks that lay ahead of them!

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 12th 04:58 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+7 = 24(17 + 7)  

Cassan would walk up to the door and open it, responding, "Ahh, welcome! We didn't expect anyone so soon! What, might I ask, is your specialty?"

Sense Motive: 1d20+7 = 24(17 + 7)

Cassan would look her over, trying to ascertain if she was being genuine while they spoke.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 12th 05:02 · changed: Dec 12th 05:08

"YAY COMPANY!!!!!!" Lucia would would begin running to the door "Guess you're boring work stuff is gonna have to wait Cassan. Well at least everyone else gets to wait a bit. You already have work to do Mr. Recruiter." Hehehe she would snicker a bit. "Plus I have to show Chomusuke around still!"

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 12th 05:38

Brunkvik would quietly observe their guest. Being sure to watch her body language closely. (I'm using his Study Target ability) He would not be suspicious of her, rather he would just prefer to see how she carries herself and how her overall tone was.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 12th 05:49

As the group would open wide the double doors of their guild, they would see a fuzzy shape come into view; it was a smaller than average wolf-looking female that had appeared at their doors! She was dressed in adventuring looking clothes, though in pristine condition as she would slightly wave to them with a meek smile across her muzzle. "H-Hello there! My, he wasn't kidding when he said a couple of you were a lively bunch but that's good! I'm Marney! I used to be a travller but it wqs too dangerous for my taste...instead, I decided that I wanted to help first time adventurers learn the ropes so they could have better luck than me! I think he said the profession was called...a Guildmarm?"

  • -----------

Cassan could detect only sincerity in her voice as she spoke, with a hint of nervousness. Despite the potential opposition he would have; him a cat she a wolf, he could tell she was being genuine with her reply.

  • -----------

Other than her soft tone, Brunkvik could only tell she was telling the truth of not being a fighter; her standing posture and fleeting eye contact would all be hints that she really was green around the ears.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 12th 05:52

"Ahh, of course! We'd be happy to have you, I think! As you can probably tell, we've only just arrived and we don't really have anything set up quite yet, but we are hopeful and optimistic!" Cassan would beam as he spoke, excited to talk about it.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 12th 06:06

Lucia would suddenly interject "Now now Cassan no need to give her our whole life story I'm sure she's not interested in hearing about us boring folk. Now then Marney my name is Lucia, I will be doing you're interview today."

She would then take a deep breath and begin asking questions with a curious tone but also rapid pace. "So what pay are you looking to earn? How long will you be looking to stay with the guild? How many adventures have you been on? Are you single? How many other guilds have you helped? Do you enjoy singing and dancing? What kind of position are you looking for? Would you be staying here or do you have another place you'd be staying? How well do you know the area?" Lucia then begins breathing heavy trying to regain her breath from all the excitement, rapid fire questions, and forgetting to pause to breathe from the excitement she had.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 12th 07:25

"Lucia, you're going to overwhelm the little one by bombarding her with questions like that. As them once at a time, and give her adequate time to provide you with a response. She is only just meeting us. We have plenty of time to get to know her."

Brunkvik would calmly walk over to Marney, placing his left hand across his chest as a butler would do, as well as providing a polite bow to her.

" I apologize for my friend's excitement, but meeting new people is one of her favorite things to do. My name is Brunkvik. It is very nice to make your acquaintance. Please feel free to take your time answering her questions and do not hesitate to ask some of your own."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 12th 22:04 · changed: Dec 12th 22:05

Marney nearly broke out in a visible sweat from the bombarding questions from Lucia. She took a step back to get some breathing room an was taken aback that the orcish owner was the voice of reason of the group it seemed at the moment. "O-Okay...I'll try to asnwer as many as I remember, hehe." She made a nervous laugh as made a hand gesture in front of herself, whilst closing her eyes before she took a deep breath an opened her eyes, which now had a certain gleam in them.

"Average price of a Chronicler, closest job relating to Guildmarm, is five gp/day but I am willing to negotiate. I wish to have permanent employment with your establishment, as long as you function within the realm set by the Regional HQ. I have been on five recorded Adventures and three unrecorded, personal ones. That is personal but as of right now, single but not looking. This would be the first official help I have given a guild. I do not take myself as a singer but I do like dancing. As stated when first addressed, a Guildmarm. I was hoping to request lodging withing the Guild itself. I have been in the eastern part of Taldor for well over three years; I would say I have adequate knowledge." She replied in tandem to every single question right away and gasped for air, just like Lucia had when she first asked the questions.

"You all seem like nice, energetic people...the only thing I would ask is that I hope you will consider my application for the position, if it is open that is. If not, I understand and would leave your presence immediately if you wished." She would say with a deep bow and would hold it as she would await the groups repaone to their answers.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 12th 22:31

Brunkvik would rub his chin, still closely observing Marney.

"Might I ask if there is a reason why you decided to come to us rather than a more well known guild? You definitely seem like someone who would be a good fit for the position based on your appearance, but I definitely believe a shorter contract is better outright. If you are able to prove your tangible and intangible abilities over the course of said contract, you definitely could be considered for a much longer, if not permanent extension. I, myself, am no good when it comes to much anything outside if combat and a bit of tracking so anyone who can assist with dealings within the guild would be of great assistance."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 12th 22:57 · changed: Dec 12th 23:33

Lucia would pat Brunkvik on the back with a smile on her face. "You're always so modest Brunkvik, if it wasnt for you who knows if I'd even be here. You provide decent company when you feel like it! You're much more than a combat junkie! I personally think you sound great for our little group here! Now then, if we're talking contracts and such I'll leave that to Mr. Pr guy over there..." she turns away from the group while pointing her thumb back toward Cassan

As she began walking away she would continue "...I gotta go get Chomusuke, we have important work to do! I mean I can't possibly pick out my bedroom without him, gotta make sure he can hang out in there with me comfortably after all! Have fun you three! Let me know how it goes!"

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 12th 23:29

"My apologies for not properly introducing myself, Marney, my name is Cassan Ovadon and I am officially in charge of the hiring process here at our currently unnamed guild." Cassan would remove his claw blades before extending his hand out to shake.

"You are the first to inquire about joining our ranks as we have only just arrived and haven't begun preparations yet. That being said, you seem like a wonderful fit for the guild, though I would have to agree with Brunkvik that a short-term contract may be better suited, if for nothing else than for you to see if it is a good fit for you!"

Cassan would smile warmly, awaiting her response.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 13th 00:13 · changed: Dec 13th 00:13

"Being the forst is precisely what I was intending to do! You see...the established guilds already have people for that position, even recommendations of others within the guild of who would take next. So it is very hard to be a newbie with little experience to provide in that kind of setting...and hearing how varied your species were as opening owners, I figured I stood a good chance for some equal opportunity." She would say with a bit of emotion behind her words, as she slowly stood bsck up though would look to her left as she felt a bit saddened that they wouldn't get her hired permanently.

Her ears perked up though once she heard Cassan say that, he basically already would accept her for the role as long as she proved herself worthy for the part. "You mean...I already have the job?! By saying that you want to see if I am a good fit would imply you are agreeing to it!" She would eagerly grab his paw with both of her own as she would gleam with excitement as she shook his hand. "I'll be sure to show you that I am your girl for this job! I made sure to only pack the essentials and my personal belongings, as little as that is...an then you guys will want to make me a permanent member of the support staff here!" She would blush as bit, already excited at the idea of bonging to a guild, even if only temporary, through the potential miscommunication of her and Cassan.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 13th 00:22 · changed: Dec 13th 03:19

Cassan would blush in turn to her excited response, "Oh! Well, I definitely think you'll be hired on, and I do hope it's a good fit for you! I just want to triple check that we make sure to go over exact job details and pay before we officially agree to anything!"

Cassan would usher Marney inside and to the kitchen to sit before continuing. "Now then, if I'm not mistaken, as a guildmarm you would be in charge of teaching new recruits the basics and likely be in charge of our training grounds. Is this correct and do you see yourself doing anything else?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 13th 01:05

Lucia would summon her Eidolon Chomusuke and begin to wonder their new home searching for the best room they could find. "It appears like we may have had a perfect match for Cassan drop right into our laps Chomusuke!" She'd giggle as her and Chomusuke continued to wonder the halls.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 13th 01:13 · changed: Dec 13th 02:05

As his comrades go their own ways, Brunkvik would make his way towards the bulletin board.

"While you two work out the details and Lucia makes herself comfortable, I'm going to check to see if I can find quests that would work for us. I believe that the earlier we get started, the more we can finish."

With that, Brunkvik would head towards the job postings to see what quests they could accept.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 13th 03:29 · changed: Dec 20th 04:29

SparxTheHero-

Marney would nod her head as she then followed him intonthe kitchen, her bushy tail wagging happily behind her as she sat down across from him. She listened to his words an made a half smile at the description he laid out before her. "Well, for the most part yes but the training grounds section...I am not well versed in combat an it seems like your half-orc friend is far more capable of that role than I would be. Also, I would be in charge of handling quest board requests and recording the progress an corrospondence between us an the Guild HQ and clients! As for pay, like I mentioned earlier, five gp/day. Though with my limited experience...I think three gp/day would be good." She said with a smile as she looked hopefully to Cassan that he would agree with her description of the job an pay.

___________

TopSlayer117

Chomusuke would appear from the aether; soft, white light would litter the hallway as Lucia summoned him to the mortal plane. With a loud crack, as if temporal door had shut before them, there he stood in his form that Lucia had made for him. He shook his body an stretched his tendrils, flexing his claws as he looked upon the place they were in. "Have we now? Perhaps with someone to protect, we will get a better idea of what he is truly capable of...he is far too, relaxed I would say." He would rebuttal as he followed after his master, enjoying the time he had when by her side as he strode down the halls with her.

___________

Timmeh1024-

As Brunkvik would inspect the board, he would quickly see that there werent many to choose from in this town...an they seemed a bit lackluster from what he may have seen in his mercenary days but tis the life of a Guild Leader to take what is given an help however they could. The following quests be read as follows;

1 Star~

•Defend the local fishermen from the Locathahs, to help cull their numbers to help the river yield.

•Expel the alleged ghosts from the Abandoned Wharf, to help increase the fish market in the city.

2 Star~

Defeat the mythical Sirens from Lake Cove, at the other side of the riverbank; many a new, apsiring fisherman lives have been claimed by their seductive call.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 13th 03:48

"Ahh, I see! Yes, that makes sense. You did say that you had little experience, so that's my oversight. That being said, I believe you would be a great choice for the position! Three gp/day is a good start, let's say 3 months and if you decide you like this and things go well, we can definitely talk about a raise at that point!" Cassan would giggle a bit, then stand up and gesture for Marney to stand.

"And you of course have a place here in one of our rooms, though the floorplan may end up changing as time goes on!" Cassan would reach out his hand once more to shake, "this time, a shake to confirm your place here!"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 20th 04:42

Lucia would chuckle at Chomusuke's comment. "I'm suprised you don't think I'm too relaxed Chomusuke. I've had to rely on you many times. Even Brunkvik I feel like I've had to rely on a lot. Heck to this day I still wonder why he stopped charging me and just tagged along. He has never really said.... but I'm sure Cassan will work out! He seems to have a good head on his shoulders after all. It'll be fun getting Marney and him to fall for one another..... or at least make him a bit uncomfortable." She would laugh again before continuing.

"Now then, back to our important task of picking out a room. We need a room with the best view since it seems most are the same size...... though worst case we knock out a wall and make a bigger space for us I suppose. Oh and once we pick out a room maybe we can go into town and I can do some singing for the people at the market! We are supposed to build a reputation for the guild after all! And I'm not really good at much else outside of my reasearch, but that's alright, it means getting to spend more time with you doing what I enjoy!" She would say as they continued looking through the rooms to find the best one they both loved.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 21st 05:04

As Brunkvik ponders over the quests before him, he would mull over any and all scenarios that popped into his head.

"Well, fighting the sirens would very well be the most difficult quest here, being that I would be the only one able to target them from afar and not risk being being dragged under water. Although, I'm not super familiar with the area, we hopefully could gather some information on it and whether or not it would be feasible for melee combat."

Brunkvik would rub his chin, looking over the other two quests.

"If the so called ghosts are real, I would be the only one able to fight them thanks to my weapon blanch. I'm not sure if the little lady's companion can attack them, but I'm fairly sure Cassan would be out of luck. Defending the fishermen would definitely be the easiest thanks to our varrying combat abilities, but anything could happen."

Brunkvik would turn and make his way to the kitchen, thinking along the way,

"Hopefully the other two have good input. I'd like to start our questing as soon as possible to begin earning our keep as well as spreading the name of our guild... That is after we choose one."

Once at the entryway to the kitchen, Brunkvik would knock on the wall adjacent to the entryway. He learned over the years that it is far less jarring to those not expecting someone to do so, being a more blunt sound rather than a sharp one.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 27th 00:02 · changed: Dec 27th 20:38

SparxTheHero-

Marney would slowly come back from being her professional self as she heard Cassan speak well of her interview they were having, the light beating of her tail against the chair would grow louder as he then stood up and looked excitedly at him, offering his hand for an official job offer this time and she jumps out of her seat to meet him. The chair making a quick screech as it skidded on the wooden floor as she grabbed his paw with bot of hers as she shook it quickly. "Oh thank you, thank you Guildmaster Cassan! Trust me, I won't be needing a raise anytime soon for this job, like I said it's been something I've wanted to do for a while! If anything, I would just rather negotiate for a longer contract or permanent membership! Hehe, I will go pick out a room right now and get a list of what I will get with my little earnings saved for personal items to bring into it!" She would say with a happy twirl as she zoomed off past the big half-orc and up the stairs, towards Lucia probably was.

______________________________

TopSlayer117-

"Well...you're different milady; the music you create is beautiful and wondrous, worthy of my protection an such, you do a fair share of giving people something magnificent to enjoy. Not to mention the ruins we have explored and relics we recovered for others as well. Brunkvik has already proved his mettle with his mighty prowess but Cassan has yet to show his true merit, other than being a silver tongued cat." He would huff as he followed alongside of her and looked into each of the rooms, not thinking any of them were good enough for her but also that they didn't have much choice yet either, being they were all uniform. "Indeed, your singing and dancing would show the people that we are ones to be revered and rejoiced with coming to their small settlement like this. I will make sure none try to take you from this new home milady, also when we begin to go on these quests or requests, whatever it is this Guild thing of yours does. An as for a room...I think the one in the back of this hall has the best view of what we could make our courtyard out back, take a look out that window." He would say as he darted past her and went over to it, like an excited pet.

______________________________

Timmeh1024-

((No response; continue on))

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 28th 00:02 · changed: Dec 28th 00:02

Lucia would giggle at Chomusuke's excitement as she walked over to the window. "I think you're right Chomusuke, this seems like the perfect room..... or at least the best option for right now. Well I guess we can start making ourselves at home! And while we're at I we should start thinking of a name for this guild."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 28th 18:04

"Well, she definitely has more of a spark to her than before, doesn't she?"

Brunkvik would take a few steps into the room.

"Now that it seems like you have that situation handled, I definitely believe we should begin to discuss which one of the quests we should accept that we have available. Do you have a moment now while those two get acquainted or should we wait till the four of us are together? I took a look at them while you two were discussing terms and I most definitely have them ranked in terms of difficulty for our group in particular."

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 28th 20:21

Cassan would open his mouth to speak, but stop himself and chuckle as she was already sprinting upstairs.

Cassan would then notice Brunkvik enter the room. "Oh yes, she does seem to have quite a bit of energy to her! As for the quests, I would be very curious to hear what they are!"

1 · by Kinnon17 · Dec 28th 20:43 · changed: Dec 28th 21:52

((OOC: Sparx and Timmeh, you two may continue to converse or you can elect to do a time skip if you prefer. Just DM me))

TopSlayer117-

As Lucia would make her way over and enjoy the sight that Chomuske had shown her, they would suddenly hear the rapid footsteps of someone coming up behind them from the main hall; her loyal Eidolon would turn about quickly with his tendrils at alert status as Marney would barrel down the hallway but then make a sudden stop in her tracks, her clawed feet carving in the wood slightly. "Oh...my...Lucia, there is...a-a creature behind you!" She would holler to her new guildmaster with fear and concern in her voice as she pulled a dagger from her belt loop, to hold at the ready.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 28th 21:01

"There are three total at this current time. One is a request to protect some fishermen from Locathahs as well as quelling their numbers. The best method to do so would be to take the fight directly to the nest, but it would also be the most dangerous. Protecting one person is not much of a problem, but multiple persons would become a problem very quickly if we don't know our enemy as well as the area.

The second quest is to expel since supposed ghosts from the an Abandoned Warf. This would be fairly difficult if they indeed are ghosts, but they also could simply be persons pretending to be as such. We would want to prepare for both situations, and I have an item that allows me to fire a limited number of arrows at something incorporeal but they are still not very effective.

The final quest is to deal with sirens. I have yet to have to deal with such creatures but I have heard that they are quite a handful and that they should not be taken lightly. It's a basic quest to slay a group of creatures.

If you ask me, I think we would be best off going for the first quest since it is our first one as a guild. We will need to work on our cohesion as a team, and combat is definitely one of the best ways to do so."

Brunkvik would take a deep breath before finishing.

"So, my friend, which would you prefer? I'm sure Lucia would be fine with any of them, but we will be sure to get her input as well as Marney's."

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 28th 22:10

Cassan would consider his options for a moment, "Well, I'm fairly certain my claws would be useless if the ghosts were really ghosts, and I don't have much else at my disposal currently. Sirens would indeed be challenging, and having spent quite some time at-sea I can assure you they are dangerous foes. I think I'd agree with you on taking the first quest, not to mention that the fishermen are in need of protection!"

Cassan would flick one clawed hand into the air as he finished speaking, clearly trying to flourish his heroism.

He would quickly lower his hand and continue, "But yes, let's go see what Lucia and Marney think."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Dec 28th 22:59

Lucia would turn to see Marney standing there completely ignoring what was just said to her and the dagger in her paws and smile. "Oh hey Marney! You must of got the job if you came all the way up here's congratulations! Chomusuke this is the girl I told you about, the one that Cassan was interviewing for the job with the guild!"

She would then finally notice the dagger in Marney's hands. "Hey I didn't know you still carried a weapon. Nice job concealing it! Though I'm not sure why you have it out? Chomusuke and me were just picking out our room!" She would say as she pet Chomusuke on the head.

She would then pause a moment and start to laugh. "Oh you must of been startled by Chomusuke, I suppose the two of you haven't had the chance to meet yet so he startled ya. He's my best and most loyal friend, he wouldn't harm anyone unless I asked him to or he's protecting me. Otherwise he's a big cuddle buddy aren't ya buddy!" She would then give Chomusuke a big hug.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Dec 28th 23:12

Brunkvik would chuckle a bit a the bravado of his companion.

"Well, the smartest warriors know their limitations and are willing to take other paths in order to ensure their own survival. While we're at it, I would like to ask you what your primary fighting style is. I know your weapons of choice are those claws of yours, but are you more of a skirmisher who uses his whits and cunning to defeat his foes or do you simply try to outlast them? I, obviously use my bow along with some abilities I have honed over the years to take down my enemies from afar, but I also can take on an enemy up close if necessary. I also try to be as studied on my enemy as I can so that I know better how they will react to certain things as well as where their weaknesses are. Having accompanied Lucia for so long has greatly assisted me in that regard thanks to the large amount of knowledge she has as well as her ability to gather information from those around her."

Brunkvik would stand up, push his chair in underneath the table, and look again towards his companion.

"Come, inform me as we go to see our other two companions." He would say as he extends out his arm with an open hand directed towards the doorway.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Dec 29th 03:14

Cassan would laugh, "Oh friend, were I to try to outlast opponents, I would be short a few lives."

Cassan would begin making his way upstairs with Brunkvik as he continued, "I tend to stick to flanking and outwitting my foe, I am also quite good at hitting weak points and dodging. Though I really should find a way to attack at a distance."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 02nd 22:33

TopSlayer117-

Marney would at first be stunned with how casually Lucia was standing next to this frightening monster next to her, as if she was completely unaware of it! As she waited for her to notice, Marney kept her blade in hand an assumed a defensive stance as she was ready to jump to the woman's aide once she figured what danger she was in...

That moment never came as she was explained that it was her monster-creature companion somehow? She was curious if the monster was just stalling due to being confounded by the woman's actions but, that moment also never came. All the tension in her body suddenly released as she fell to her knees on the floor, breathing heavily as she caught a moment of respite. "Lucia...you are pretty amazing to...have tame a creature like that an treat it like...a pet of some kind, you may be the most impressive one of your whole group!" She said in admiration as she then got back to her feet, sliding her dagger back into her wrist-sheath and looked Chomuske over. Before smiling a little as she nodded her head and remembered what she had said moments ago. "Oh sorry for not responding before, I was...transfixed by your situation, hehe. -Ahem- Yes, Cassan and I had come to an agreement of becoming the Guildmarn for your Guild, I cam up to look for an unclaimed room but then ran into you. Thank you for the congratulations. An...I think I will refrain from cuddling him, as he seems to be quite protective of you."

As Marney had said that, Chomuske had not taken his eyes off the wolf-girl in front of them during the whole ordeal. Even nuzzling Lucia, showing her affection but keeping his watchful eyes on her, thinking she might've been a threat to his master. After seeing her nearly crumble to pieces before them however, he relaxed and just gave a gaze that made her feel like she was beneath him but thought of his owner on a high pedestal.

________________________________

Timmeh1024 & SparxTheHero

((OOC: You may now join the scene, looking at the end of the hall if you choose to go up the stairs and see Lucia cuddling Chomuske with a rather stressed out looking Marney keeping her distance from the two.))

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 04th 21:25

Lucia would get a disappointed look on her face "Tame? He's not really tamed. Fate brought the two of us together and he's been my buddy ever since. Definitely more than some random pet. He's from a completely different plane of existence than us so to him I'm sure we're the strange creatures. He's helped me with my research so much, he's the best partner a traveler like me could ask for. Because of that I'd appreciate if you wouldn't refer to him as a "pet"." She would say still cuddling Chomusuke.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 05th 03:58

Cassan would step into the room, seeing Lucia cuddling Chomusuke as well as a somewhat distressed Marney, "Ah, I see you're all here! I hope you weren't too surprised by Lucia's friend here, he means well!" Cassan would say, glancing over at Chomusuke, trying to glean his reaction. "Brunkvik and I were just discussing job postings and wanted to run them by you all before making a decision."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 07th 14:33 · changed: Jan 07th 14:33

Brunkvik would lean on the doorframe, patiently waiting for everything to settle down a bit before presenting the information they had.

"The two of us agreed upon which quest would be the best for us to take, but we figured we'd still give you the choice between the three."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 07th 19:24

Group-

Marney would rub the back of her head in embarrassment as she was corrected by Lucia an slightly glared at by Chomuske. "I-I see, I apologize then Lucia and...to you too, Chomusuke. I am not very versed in magical matters like that, so forgive my ignorance on such things." She then politely bows a few times to make up for her blunder, though not many would blame her for saying such things in the first place with how Lucia interacts with her 'best friend'.

______________

Chomusuke would huff slightly but nod as he received the apology from Marney; he was again not really worried with her anymore but appreciated that she at least had some tack to recognize when she was wrong, based on her mannerisms. He wouldn't glare at her for the rest of the conversation. He would still make soft rumbling sounds that to Lucia, sounded like a purr but to the others...like a growl of a predator.

_______________

Marney would shake her head as they spoke about the quests. "As the Guildmarm, I can't dictate what Quests the leaders should or shouldn't do! All three of them sound like good ways to help the town and don't sound too dangerous or risky if the guild thought they were worth only 1 or 2 labels. I just track and maintain records for success, failure, etc. about it. Kind of like a stay at home bard!" She would smile, her pearly white fangs an terth gleaming brightly as she seemed happy with herself for her excuse to not put in a vote.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 08th 20:03 · changed: Jan 08th 22:00

Cassan would initially turn to Marney, "Ahh, yes, I suppose that makes sense! Well, whatever we choose, I'm sure we'll succeed; after that, we'll be sure to relay everything to you!" Cassan would gleam with sheer confidence as he spoke.

"That being said, what do you two think?" Cassan would turn towards Lucia and Chomusuke.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 08th 22:00 · rolls: 2 · changed: Jan 08th 22:10
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+8 = 25(17 + 8)   #2 1d20+8 = 11(3 + 8)  

Lucia would smile as she stopped hugging Chomusuke "It's ok, we forgive you Marney."

She would then get more serious to discuss the quests "If you ask me I think the answer is obvious, people are being killed by the sirens which means it's the most serious ones. However fighting sirens is no easy task, most likely harder than Locathahs, and I imagine without any of us being able to fight on water very well..... or at all, both are going to be hardy advisories."

Knowledge Nature (Sirens): 1d20+8 = 25(17 + 8)

Knowledge Nature (Locathahs): 1d20+8 = 11(3 + 8)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 12th 19:15 · changed: Jan 12th 19:25

"I can mostly ignore the need to fight on water by being able to fight at range, but it will definitely slow down Cassan and Chomusuke's movements while our foes are able to assumable move freely. I never will hesitate to cover for an ally, but we will definitely need to gather more information as to where the creatures have been attacking as well as where we can possibly hit them where they are most vulnerable. Lucia, although you are not much of a combatant, yourself, your ability to gather information that we need as well as your innate knowledge on many subjects will be invaluable going forward. It also seems like we are all in relative agreement that the Locathah's will be the easier foe to take on, relatively speaking. Also, in regards to the deaths, we don't know that no one has died yet from the Locathahs. We know that men have been killed by the sirens, yes, but we also do not know how our group here will fight together. We are better off taking on a presumable weaker foe to test our teamwork before taking on a presumable stronger foe. Only by gathering more information on them will we know."

Brunkvik would stand straight in the doorway,

"Now, why don't we get started with that information gathering. I believe that the earlier we get started, the faster we can finish doing so, the faster we can finish one quest and move on to the next one."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 15th 01:16

TopSlayer117-

Lucia would recall her knowledge an the tales she knows of sirens; which would contradict the alleged sightings of these creatures. The climate is too cold overall, they need more warm areas. That an they normally habit isles, not caves. What's more, the number of disappearances is too high for a typical flight of Sirens. She belives it may be a different creature(or creatures) masquerading as a Siren nest.

She would however fail to know anymore about the Locatath's other than they are disgusting fish.

______________________

Marney would tilt her head in accordance with the way the conversation was going; mostly with Brunkvik talking to himself or juat generally talking a bunch. She then pulled out a journal and began to write in it. "Even deciding on the first quest for the guild would seem to be quite the task...easier is good, though for a first impression of the townsfolk will that be enough I wonder? Well, whichever you decide let me know. I will be in the room 2 doors down from here putting my personal items in place before heading out to get more sustainable furnishings for myself. Should I place an order for you all as well or would you rather go into town yourself for it?" She would ask, her back to the group but looking over her shoulder with curious eyes; almost as if she was slightly begging to be of more help to them.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 15th 02:04 · changed: Jan 15th 02:44

Lucia would speak after pondering for a moment too deep in thought and suspicion to hear Marney. "Something is off about this Siren mission...... the climate here is too cold for Sirens, not to mention they usually like isles and not caves...... plus the number of people is too high for a flight of Sirens..... I think we need to check it out. The city needs to know what this issue actually is over some gross fish. It's risky since we don't know what it is, but it's better to know than someone who doesn't know this information going in thinking Sirens and dying because of false information."

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 15th 02:20

"Hmm, I suppose if it's out of character for these creatures, then perhaps there's more than meets the eye." Cassan would pause for a moment before continuing. "We should ask the locals to see what information we can glean about the so-called sirens." Cassan would turn to Marney, saying "I should be alright for the moment, if I need anything I will grab it before we head out to whichever mission we take on."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 15th 02:39

"I'll be waiting for everyone outside. Just remember to only take what you absolutely need. We don't need to bring everything we have with us when we are more than likely going to only be asking the fishermen and townsfolk questions. We should make haste so that we can cover as much ground as possible."

Brunkvik would make his way back down to his packs, making sure that everything he needed was within them. After that, he would step outside of the guild hall and wait for his companions to join him.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 15th 04:04

Marney would lower her tail a bit an then nod her head as she moved to the side to allow Brunkvik to allow passage past her. "Alright then, good luck to you guys then." She would then leave the room and go over to the dorm she has stated earlier, close the door and soft shuffling could be heard in the barren hallways as they would presume she had begun in unpacking what she had in her backpack.

____________________________________

Chomusuke would shake his head a little as he stood up next to Lucia, a little offended that the others didn't seem to be understanding the importance of his summoners words. "It would seem only you have eyes on the bigger picture, Mistress Lucia. If only they could understand my speech, I would put them in line with stating how sound your logic was, with your lustrous voice." He would pad over in front of her and the look up to her gaze to his own.

"So, if the creatures aren't actually Sirens, what does milady think they could be? I don't know any eidolon's that would try to escape the realm just to enjoy in the mortal flavor...to be honest, it sometimes can be lacking compared to mine own." He would grumble an gripe a bit about the foods they had at some of the less reputable Inn's and Taverns they have spent the night in.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 15th 04:28 · changed: Jan 15th 08:54

"Hmmm, sadly I'm not sure my friend. There's a lot of possibilities. We could ask the townsfolk but if they're all convinced it's Sirens that are the culprit the actual thing could be using some kind of illusion magic perhaps to appear as a Siren....... I'd find it hard to believe that any other native creature would be able to pull off similar feats like that of a Siren but at the same time I can't completely rule that option out either....." she would quickly pack the things that she needs for the trip and begin heading out to the front still appearing to be talking to herself but actually conversing with Chomusuke.

"Either way, I have a feeling that talking with most of the people in town wouldn't help much. I feel like we'd be better off heading directly to the area where people are going missing and getting clues there...."

Then as she was about to walk past Marney's room she would stop like she had suddenly just heard what Marney had said before, knock on the door and talk to her through it. "Oh by the way while your in town could you get some estimates for some super comfortable furniture for my room. No need to place the order quite yet. Maybe we can have a girls day or something of it when I return. Got people to save after all! Ok, gotta go now, bye bye!" She would say cheerfully as she proceeded to skip down the hall to meet up with Brunkvik at the front with Chomusuke.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 15th 05:09

"Of course, the locals already believe it to be sirens and would likely have already spun outlandish tales. That being said, some information about the geography of the caves and surrounding area might not be a bad call." Cassan would say as he began heading towards the door.

"And thank you, Marney, we'll be sure to tread lightly; Sirens or not, this may end up being quite dangerous!" Cassan would head downstairs to the kitchen to retrieve his belongings before heading outside to meet with Brunkvik.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 15th 23:20 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+12 = 30(18 + 12)  

While waiting for his comrades, Brunkvik would attempt to recall any information he may have come across in his travels about Locathahs. It seemed like Lucia may not have hear or studied much about them in her time, so more information on a probable enemy would greatly assist the party.

Knowledge(Nature): d20+12 = 30(18 + 12)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 16th 02:39 · changed: Jan 16th 02:39

TopSlayer117-

As Lucia would knock on the door of the room that Marney had declared her own, she would hear a soft gasp but then a sigh of relief as you explained yourself and as she walked away could hear a shout back to her. "Ok miss Lucia! That sounds like a wonderful idea, see you back soon!" More moving noises could be heard coming from the room as she passed by. With Cassan coming next, shouting out in the hall, she would chuckle softly at his words. "I'm sure if anyone in the town could handle this, it wouod be you three~" She would say back as she went back to her organizing.

_____________________

Chomusuke would walk alongside Lucia, perfectly in sync with his masters steps as he sniff the air and flexed his muscles a bit. "So, it will be what Brunkvik would call...Scout work, correct milady? To be honest, I find it rather annoying to do since it isn't very fun. I'd rather get to the fight and hear your beautiful voice serenade us to victory. Though, it may be nice to just enjoy the new scenery of this land with you, since wherever you go, I shall protect you." He would tell her proudly as he used a tentacle to rub her hand gently, assuring her of his utmost loyalty.

___________________

Timmeh1024-

Your extensive knowledge of these creatures seems to be in line with what Lucia found out about the Sirens; the stories don't match up. Locathah's historically never seek out conflict with humans or land creatures in general. And they aren't just fish, they are fish people; they can can be reasoned with even if they did feel threatened an usually try peaceful means, as long as someone knew Aquan or could translate. It seems either the people of this land are either very ignorant of what creatures are actually called...or there could be more to this town than just it's mere fishing problems.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 16th 02:55

"I agree, information gathering is pretty boring unless it's personal research, but if we truly want to help a community like this and get on good terms with them the we have to help them from whatever this issue is so if that means we have to snoop around than snoop we shall." She would say to Chomusuke as they got outside.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 16th 03:02

Cassan would almost blush as he heard Marney's words, elated by the faith she is already putting in them, despite not having seen their capabilities yet. Cassan would meet the others outside before gathering his belongings, as he has travelled lightly for a while now, everything he has is in his packs. "Now then, perhaps we should acquire a map of the area first." Cassan would say to his companions as he stepped outside.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 16th 04:18

As his companions would finally meet him outside, Brunkvik would nod to each of them when they exit the building, including Chomusuke.

"Well now, shall we see what information we can uncover?" Brunkvik would hold his hand out towards the direction they would be heading in to indicate to his comrades that they may go ahead of him. "I also tried to see if I could remember any information that I may have come across in regards to Locathahs while I was waiting for the three of you. I'll let you know on our way around town."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 16th 04:42

As the group would exit their lovely, renovated mansion they would see a long dirt road winding down a rather plain looking valley that would bring them to the heart of the town, getting there with about ten minutes walking. It was a town mostly made of wood an simple stone buildings; nothing stood out in grandeur here but it all had quite the homey feel to it. Sparse trees littered the area and some yellow grasses of the plains they were on, yet it didn't feel backwoods at all; in the distance they would see the river some couple miles away from the town, fishermen with carts going to an fro, though some with more weapons than actual gear.

Seems like the troubles of the town are indeed true, regardless of the real reason. On any other day, it would be a steady pace yet happy air of working and buying but now...it had become less excitable, more serious and some talk of people leaving town, saying that it was a lost cause with the fishing industry going downhill as fast as it had. The group was just on the border of the town an they could gleam all of this already.

Chomusuke would speak to his mistress from behind her, "Mistress...this town doesn't seem as magically inclined, is it wise for...I hate to say it, grace it with my otherworldly presence?" Her companion would ask her in her mind.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 16th 06:24

Lucia would ponder for a moment "Well that is true, but we plan on being here a long time so they'll have to get use to you eventually right? Plus, once we complete a job or two they'll love you for helping their city!" She would say with a smile. "If it's too much to handle then I can dismiss you and bring you back later when we go to investigate!"

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 17th 00:06

"Exactly, they'll end up seeing him eventually anyway. Better for it to be now rather than in the middle of a fight!" Cassan would explain as they made their way into the city. "Now then, we should find a cartographer and then likely head to the docks, unless you need anything else before we start investigating."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 17th 17:08 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 27(16 + 11)  

"There is nothing else I need, but I do agree that I could use a map to be able to move around town more easily. In that regard, I remembered that Locathahs too are not normally aggressive like they have been made out to be. They can be reasoned with if we can break the language barrier, so we do not need to, and most likely should not go in with our weapons drawn."

Brunkvik would look for a city guard, presuming that inner of them would be able to direct them towards a location that they could find a map of the city and maybe the surrounding area.

Perception Check: d20+11 = 27(16 + 11)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 21st 03:33

Chomusuke would nod to his mistress's words; she wasn't wrong overall, he just hoped that this town would be understanding of his presence rather than feared since of tall the chaos that has been happening in there little town. He would then puff his chest out, standing proudly next to Lucia as he kept his tendrils as stoic as possible to keep the 'calm and controlled' look about his appearance before the town they would enter.

_____________________

Timmeh1024-

Seeing as this town was not terrible big in size, you could identify the town militia as the best source of info about the place, having light armors embedded with the green and blue Taldor flag on their left pectoral and the colors of the cured leathers among their rank. They had decent arms at their disposal but none had serious training besides what their fathers an senior officers would have taught them. They are more akin to a peacekeeping capacity rather than an actual 'guard' from the way they carried themselves, Brunkvik would notice.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 22nd 20:17

"Well since the two missions could be connected I guess we should start asking about both right away. If we're lucky we can knock out both at the same time! That'll give us a great public image and save many lives!" Lucia would say as they entered town.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 23rd 04:06

"Indeed, Lucia, you are right. There are a handful of militiamen over there we could definitely start with." Brunkvik would point towards the men he had picked out of the crowd.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 24th 20:39 · rolls: 1 · changed: Jan 24th 20:40
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+10 = 21(11 + 10)  

"Ahh, yes! They should have some useful information!" Cassan would say as he made his way towards the militiamen.

"Greetings! My name is Cassan, and these are my companions, Lucia, Chomusuke and Brunkvik!" Cassan would gesture to each of them as he introduced them. "We are the founding members of the new guild here in town and are looking to gather some information about the threats that have arisen here." Cassan would clear his throat before continuing. "We're primarily interested in the Locathahs as well as the Sirens, is there any information you could give us in regards to these creatures and what kind of trouble they've been causing?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+10 = 21(11 + 10)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 25th 02:57 · changed: Jan 25th 02:59

The militiamen would stop in their patrol, turning to the feline man that would stroll up next to them. They didn't seem to be used to his kind, with their somewhat concerned faces but after hearing that they were the new Guild in town their faces lit up. "Truly, you are one of the new Guild members that was being reported to start this month? Strange you haven't given the Captain of the Guard your Guild name yet but it seems you were wanting to help first!" One younger male said with eagerness in his voice, the older one seemed a bit hesitant to show enthusiasm just yet but his relaxed posture did the talking for him. "Well, whatever the reason you should do it soon; but to answer your questions, I've only seen the Locathahs in person. Back when I first became a militia, they weren't so...different. They wouldn't attack people like they do now but we don't patrol that area anymore; lost too many good people, both militia and fishermen yet old man Jenkins keeps saying that he would rather die than lose that best spot to them but he's had a few screws come loose over the years, if you get my drift." He would sigh as he shook his head.

The younger man would step closer to Cassan, wanting to be more involved with the conversation, "Oh oh, well I know a bit about the sirens! They only come out once a week, on Sunday night specifically to lure passerby's to the cave they live in. My friend Johnny's ex-wife's brother Jim even said he caught a glimpse of one of them before; beautiful women he said! Though they never leave their cave, oddly enough...The Captain once had a few men investigate but they never came back and we just have a bulletin in the town square warning everyone to not go there anymore for fishing or sigh seeing since it is by a beautiful bay in the riverbed." The older man would scoff and wave his hand to the youngster, "I'm telling you they ain't sirens; they be changelings! Sirens don't look like normal women an if Jim did see one, he would be dead! They don't let their prey getaway once they've met eyes!" The younger man would reel with embarrassment, "H-He said he saw her backside, yeah! THAT'S why he didn't get caught, they didn't see eye to eye!" It seemed like the siren part was a sore spot for the two men as they kept going on about different folk tales that proved something or another to their side of the story to the point were the sirens were mermaids now.

_______________________________

TopSlayer117-

Chomusuke would shake his head to the men that Cassan was speaking to, though he didn't fully care to listen to their whole tale, he knew they were complaining about who was right or wrong rather than telling them where these locations actually were yet. "Seems we were right...the tales have gotten out of hand or so it would seem from the way they are telling it to Cassan. What does milady think about the information we got from these two young-lings? Any of it was helpful?" He would tilt his head up to her, awaiting her response.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 25th 04:03 · rolls: 1 · changed: Jan 25th 04:03
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+8 = 16(8 + 8)  

Lucia would ponder for a minute "Well the bit about Changelings could make a logical possibility. Though we still need to know where they are exactly to start looking." She would say to Chomusuke.

Knowledge Nature (Changling): 1d20+8 = 16(8 + 8)

While she was thinking about what she knew about Changelings she would address the militia men. "So gentlemen, if I may inquire, where are the locations of the attacks? And how far apart are the locations of the attacks from each other?"

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 25th 06:00

"Thank you very much for the information! And we will he sure to convey our guild name to the Captain of the Guard!" Cassan would then turn away "Once we come up with a guild name, anyway" he'd mutter to himself.

"That's an excellent question, it would also be good to know how many Locathahs we would be dealing with." Cassan would say, mostly towards his companions as he grew tired of listening to the two militiamen squabble.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 26th 14:36

Brunkvik would clear his throat loudly enough for the two militiamen to hear to stop their prattling where it was.

"Gentlemen, we also need more information on the Locathah issue you have been dealing with. They are not normally known to attack other creatures out of spite, rather only for food or if they were attacked, unprovoked. Did someone outright engage them or did they turn up out of nowhere and begin attacking? We are trying to decide which issue is more important to deal with first, so the more we can stay on the topic at hand, the better."

Brunkvik would say this in a slightly gruff voice, making it apparent that he was serious.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jan 27th 20:31 · changed: Jan 27th 20:31

TopSlayer117-

Lucia would remember some of the things she had heard about Changelings; that they usually only tried to intergrate with society by assuming a person's identity or trying to create their own. It wasn't unheard of that they may kill someone an try to be them but rare just to kill for sport. They were humanoids after all, most things she has heard of is them just wanting to be accepted.

_________________________

The two men would slowly cease their squabbling as they heard ome request after another from the group, getting a bit scared once Brunkvik had started to raise his voice to them. They both stood upright and began to try and answer as best they can, "Sorry about that, we...get a little hotheaded about our opinions. But um, the locathahs are down river, about three miles down; Jenkins can show you the exact spot since no one else goes there an to be honest...I don't want to fight those freaks again, its how I got this." The older militia lifted his vestment and showed three parallel scars, lookd like holes in his abdomen; they looked like it was bad, with the tissue looking bruised even now. "That was a few years back, if my pals hadn't been with me I wouldn't have made it the town doc said...an now they're gone because of that damn 'siren'."

"Oh I know where the cave is; I was told it is a mile and a half upstream, near a large alcove of water into a cave or so it is said since no one has ever came back from it, save for my friend Johnny's ex-wifes brother that is!" The older man would roll his eyes again before they continued.

"Nobody knows how many there are, but they have dwindled down from attacks of six to four, so maybe we are culling them? As for why...couldn't say, it happened so long ago and I wasn't the first one there when it happened. Just know it happened around the same time as the wharf massacres with that one family, don't remember their name but Jenkins might. That's all we got." They would say before looking up to the sun an the young man nodded to the other. "Looks like we sre late on our patrol, we should've made it to the market square by now so we have to go but good luck on your questing! Jenkins can be found at the Rusty Rod if he isn't fishing!" They would say as they would hustle down the road and hang a right as they dissapeared into the buildings of the town.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 27th 21:38 · changed: Jan 27th 21:39

Lucia would sigh, "Shame, would of been nice to figure out where that Johnny's ex wives brother was so we could question them about the "Sirens"..... thinking about it more Changlings would even be tough to accuse, while I can't completely rule them out the possibility has definitely dropped. The areas the attacks are happening also are pretty far apart, could still be connected, however I feel it's a little less likely."

She would then pause for a minute. "The only other information I could really gather from them is how the Sirens only really do anything on Sunday night. Though that story isn't adding up completely either. That Jim guy caught a glimpse of them, but they don't leave their cave which must mean you'd be able to see the cave from the shore. Plus only catching the backside of them isn't much to go on. Especially since he seemed to be caught off guard when the older one called him out on his facts.... though I'm pretty sure Sirens attack with song and not eye sight...."

Lucia would groan "None of this makes any sense, it's like a really bad conspiracy that there are so many people involved that they can't keep a story straight and shortcut so many facts..... I almost feel the need to go see if there's even actually a cave."

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 28th 20:27

"I'd have to believe there's something over there, so we probably shouldn't go look until we're ready to fight." Cassan would say as he paced back and forth. "If they aren't sirens or changelings, they could be anything. All we know is they're dangerous, maybe female and they only operate on Sundays."

"As for the Locathahs, we know where they are and we can try to reason with them, right Brunkvik? I'm a little lost on all this as I don't really know much about nature and the sort, but maybe we should go speak to this Jenkins fellow, he might know more if he's spending time around these creatures."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 30th 04:22

"Well, we can reason with them if we know they're language, Aquan. It would be that or we get lucky and one of them speaks Common, but I would not bank on it. I can see if I can remember anything specific about their culture which would allow for us to physically let them know we are not a threat, but I would prepare to jump right into a fight if necessary. I'd say we go find Jenkins for now. He seems like he could be our best lead."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jan 30th 08:30

Lucia would get a bit of a pouty face "Fine we can go talk to the old guy since I can't argue that we have more of a lead on that, but we better be back by Sunday to check out that cave...... me and Chomusuke wont pass up an opportunity to discover a new species...." she would say in a bored lectury tone.

She would then perk up "The excitement of potentially discovering some new species is exhilarating! Otherwise it's always interesting to solve a mystery! Well what are we waiting for, let's get the boring job done so we can get to the exciting one!"

As she began to wonder off she realized she had no idea where the Rusty Rod was so she decided to see if she could get someone's attention by saying in her sweetest voice and puppy dog eyes "Could someone help a poor girl and her companions find the Rusty Rod..... I could really use a drink right about now."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jan 30th 18:07

Brunkvik would sigh heavily.

"I apologize, Cassan, but she does this from time to time. When she needs to be serious, she most definitely is, but when she does not need to be, she allows for her free spirited personality to really show. Now, why don't we find out when Old Man Jenkins is typically at his spot? I'm not too worried that she will get herself into trouble."

1 · by SparxTheHero · Jan 31st 00:17

Cassan would chuckle, "Oh, that's quite alright, she seems quite capable. As for Aquan, I don't know that language, so I won't be able to communicate with them if that's all the speak. Should we be splitting off from her? I'd hate to be running around trying to find each other if we don't have an easy way of communicating. Maybe we should go with her to the Rusty Rod? Surely they would know when he's usually there, after all."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 03rd 01:10

Chomuske would nod his head along with his master as she announced that they wouldn't miss the opportunity for the Sunday event of finding out what the alleged 'sirens' were actually as he then followed alongside of her as she pleaded for someone in town to help her find the Rusty Rod. When she had asked it like that, she did garner some looks but her tentacled companion prevented most of them from approaching but one eager teenager had run up to her to answer her plea. "Why madam, I know where the Rusty Rod is! If you an your friends need a drink, I know the owner and could see about getting you a discount even." The teen half-elf had said; he looked to be in his later teens but clearly not a man just yet, though he looked to be in picture health an was quite intent on getting close to Lucia, the way he was looking at her. Chomusuke would tilt his head in bewilderment slightly; he knew his lady had her charm but it was rare one so young would also be to reckless to stand so close to him an pay him no mind. "Milady...I think this youngling thinks he has a chance with you, his scent seems to give off the impression as such anyways. He is too young for you though, should I shoo him away from you?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Feb 04th 03:57 · rolls: 2 · changed: Feb 13th 06:59
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 2(2)   #2 1d20 = 11(11)  

"That won't be necessary Chomusuke, if he knows the owner and the owner knows this old man we're looking for, then this boy could be a valuable tool. Plus it's not the first time I've had to be a tease to get something I need."

"Well that would be great! We just got into town to establish our guild so the more people we could get to know the better as well. Speaking of getting to know people, wat is your name young gentleman? And what could motivate such a brave man such as yourself to help me and my comrades? Seems like most people here were afraid to even come near to help with my fearsome looking friend Chomusuke here." She would say petting Chomusuke's head.

Lucia Sense Motive: 1d20 = 2(2)

Chomusuke Sense Motive: 1d20 = 11(11)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Feb 06th 20:04 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 23(12 + 11)   #2 d20+13 = 33(20 + 13)  

Seeing that this young Half-elf was getting a little too close for comfort to his companion, Brunkvik would keep a close eye on him while listening to the words he was speaking in order to detect any falsehoods he may be telling.

Perception Check: d20+11 = 23(12 + 11)

Sense Motive Check: d20+13 = 33(20 + 13)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 08th 07:06 · changed: Feb 08th 07:07

"My name is Gunther miss, do be sure to remember it if you and your party ever need help getting to know the town; lived here all my life, no need for a map with me around!" He would then bow before her, in his mind was probably a proper one but Lucia would have seen better from a squire at a low-profile jousting contest. "Milady, I could not but help to gaze upon your unique and alluring visage from afar as you entered town just but a few moments ago...waiting for my chance to become useful to you, once the opportunity presented itself, I dashed at first hearing the sweet voice of yours pleading for help! What man coukd I be if I did not answer your call?! Not one at all, I would declare!"

The young half-elf would try to laugh off the notion of being afraid of her campanion, only Brunkvik would see he was actually slightly off kilter from seeing the beast but would slyly stand on Lucia's other side as he smiled an chuckled at her question. "Haha, my sweet maiden I am of a more experienced sort, you see...my mother is the town Captain of the guard herself! So she has trained me a bit at fighting monsterous looking foes from a distance on a few patrols she has been on, so I am no stranger to such things." Both Lucia and Chomusuke would be quite impressed with the young teen, however Brunkivk could tell he wasn't telling the truth about being faced with monsters before based on his slightly shaking legs and clenched hand behind his back, showing a slight hint of fear. However, everything else seemed to be genuine and honest to a T.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Feb 08th 21:35

"Oh my, your mother is the captain of the guard huh? Well once we actually think of our guild name we'll be sure to report it to her. Right now we're actually here to look into some issues people are having with the supposed Sirens and the Locathas. We have a possible lead at the Rusty Rod so I figured it would be a great chance to try out some of the local drinks at the same time! Maybe we can even see if your mother knows anything afterward, any little bit of information helps."

Lucia would then put her hand on Gunther's shoulder. "So brave Gunther, how about escorting me and my comrades to the Rusty Rod, you're help will not go unrewarded." She'd say with a wink.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 13th 06:55

Gunther's face would gain a deep blush as Lucia touched his shoulder and his smile would widen even further. "Yes miss Lucia! I know right where the Rusty Rod is and I could even see about getting you a discount on the local flavors~" He would say with a wink as he would then grab her hand firmly as he would then try to start going off in the direction of where the party would presume that the tavern is located.

Chomusuke would shake his head side to side as he would almost visibly sigh at his lady's antics "Lucia...you are going to be stringing this boy along and it won't be pretty when you have to break his heart but I guess he is helping us for now." He would telepathically speak to her as he would follow after them.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Feb 13th 07:06 · changed: Mar 27th 21:04

"Dont worry Chomusuke, I have a plan that wont completely break his little heart. He's too nice of a boy to do that to."

"Well Brunkvik, Cassin, let's get going. Gunther is being ever so kind enough to show us the way. It would be rude to dilly dally any longer. Time is ticking before my Sunday deadline after all." She would say turning to them smiling proud of her work.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Feb 13th 13:45

Cassan would begin following them, saying, "Oh Gunther, you're being very accommodating. We appreciate having someone who knows the land being so willing to lend themselves! I look forward to meeting with your mother when we get the chance!"

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Feb 13th 18:06 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 26(15 + 11)  

Brunkvik would follow his comrades as well, being sure to keep an eye on their surroundings just in case.

Perception check: d20+11 = 26(15 + 11)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 17th 07:15

"Don't worry, mother is usually very busy anyways so I'm sure she won't think too much of it. She's always up to something with the town, hopefully the mayor will eventually listen to her proposals." He would reply to Cassan as he lead the group theough the toen, never once letting go of Lucia's hand. They passed the bustling market square where a lovely little fountain would be seen in the center; spurting water every few seconds, with small children laughing and playing with a ball or some toys. Despite the adults having some grim looks on their face, they tried to keep their spirits up for the children that they looked after. Even with this sense of serene peace inside the town, Brunkvik would keep vigilant and eventually see that a small shadow would follow them past the fountain central an down the alleys they took to get to the rusty rod. It was a lonesome looking tavern, a bit worn down at the north east part of town almost outside of the valley it was a part of an even seemed to smell like wet socks. Maybe the name comes from fisherman an navy men who just got from the water with their fresh fish? Would explain the downtrodden look but it had life to be sure as laughter an hollering could be heard from within. "Fear not Lucia, they may seem like a bunch of hooligans but with me by your side, no harm shall touch even a single strand of your beatiful locks~" He would say, attempting to reach up and touch her hair but a audibly growl from Chomusuke, who was still right next to her with his tentacles drawn, caused the young man to gulp audibly and give pause. "Ah...ah...ah! That's right, I should wash my hands before even thinking of laying a hand on your head. I shall go to the washroom once we get you acquainted with the locale!" He would then lead the group inside, Chomusuke having a rather happy smirk about his face as the smell of fish would seep out the doors and they would see what they had mostly occurred many times before; people happily indulging in booze, playing cards amonst several tables and a small performance from a medicore bunch of lute players keeping the tavern alive but homely.

___________________

Timmeh1024-

Brunkvik would see that the small shadow had turned into a curious looking gnome following them the whole time; so small it had to have been a child but she was dirty an had a look of curiosity and skepticism on her face an didn't seem to notice he had caught wind of her.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Feb 17th 16:43 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+9 = 28(19 + 9)   #2 d20+11 = 28(17 + 11)  

Knowing that they were being followed, but not by exactly who or what, Brunkvik would keep quiet for now as to not alert his companions. Knowing that the tavern would make it much more difficult to keep an eye on the figure, he would stop just inside the exit and attempt to slink away in order to confront this figure.

Stealth Check: d20+9 = 28(19 + 9)

Perception Check to find the creature following them: d20+11 = 28(17 + 11)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Feb 18th 19:37

"Well the music could use some work though I'm not very diverse in playing the lute so I can't judge too harshly. Otherwise this seems like a very typical fisherman's bar. It's nice to see that people can come and have a good time together like this." Lucia would say with a smile.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Feb 19th 23:34

Cassan would smile as he stepped in, smelling the air. "Ahh, this reminds me of being out at sea! Now then, we should find this Old Man Jenkins, yes? Young Gunther, do you know where he might be?"

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 27th 21:48

Timmeh1024-

Brunkvik was able to easily bypass any one seeing him exit the taverb after they initially entered; almost like a ghost with how quietly and quickly he did so. Within seconds of exiting he was able to see the little female creature slink away back into the back alley, though it was slow to do so. He didn't get the feeling she noticed making his way back out. He could follow after her if he wanted to.

_______________________________

Gunther would stabd on his tip toes as he scanned the busy tavern for Old Man Jenkins and then made a pointed gesture to the far end of the bar-table where individuals would order their drinks straight from the tender. "I see him down there; I can tell because it is the least crowded space here. He has a...reputation so to speak, though I am sure you have already heard so from the guards you spoke to." He would say as he then would slink closer to Lucia again, with a blushed face and grin on his face. "So...I held up my promise, what does a helpful follow get for a reward from the mesmerizing Lucia?~" He would ask, raising his eyebrows a couple times. Chomusuke was too busy trying to not bump into people with his tentacles and body, several patrons gasping in shock but then laughing as they all thought they were just hallucinating a weird looking dog, to which he grumbled but paid them no mind.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Feb 28th 02:06 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+9 = 28(19 + 9)  

Brunkvik would attempt to follow her as quickly and quietly as possible.

Stealth Check: d20+9 = 28(19 + 9)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Feb 28th 02:32 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+11 = 25(14 + 11)  

"Hmmmmm, that is true, I feel like money wouldn't be enough though. It needs to be something truly awe inspiring. I got it! How about one of my songs! I'm very well known back home and Chomusuke loves them! I sing him one every night before going to bed!"

She would walk over and get onto the raised platform and begin to sing a lively song that she felt would match the atmosphere of the bar.

Perform-Sing: 1d20+11 = 25(14 + 11)

1 · by SparxTheHero · Feb 28th 16:18 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+10 = 20(10 + 10)  

Cassan would giggle, seeing clearly that Gunther was being strung along. Cassan would make his way towards where Gunther pointed out, and began speaking with Old Man Jenkins. "Hello to you, sir, Jenkins, was it? My friends and I were told you could tell us more about the Locathahs, is that true?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+10 = 20(10 + 10)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 29th 01:01

Timmeh1024-

You would be able to deftly follow after the little gnome as she went down a few dimly lit pathways before going down into a sewer tunnel and see that she was meeting with three clocked figures. It seems they were expecting her and they began to talk about something but due to the distance between you, could not make out much of what they were saying, or their appearance, unless you were able to hone in on their conversation [i]without[/i] being seen.

____________________

Gunter would pout at first that it wasn't exactly what he wanted from Lucia but seeing that she was actually performing at the bar, for his honor, brightened up his face and he cheered her on as her melodic voice soothed the ENTIRE bar of patrons and Chomusuke was happily moving his tendrils along with the tune with the others. The lute players were upset at first but quickly played in kind with her, creating a wonderful atmosphere in the bar.

Meanwhile, while this happened, Cassan would happen upon Old Man Jenkins an he could smell him from several feet away as well. A decrepit old man but one with a fire in his eyes though with a coarse voice as he tried to sing along to Lucia's song. "Oh dang, I tell yer that them there lute prayers have gotten a lot betta! Greta must've been done replaced by a beautifuul operaea lady or what's it!" As he rocked in his nearly crumpled chair. Though as soon as he heard the word 'locathahs' his demeanor changed immediately and he made a horribly dark spit into a nearby tobacco pot as he looked the cat person in his eyes. "You mean those rotten fish, water dwellers? Yeah, they dun took mah job! I used teh be one of the best fishers ere until they stole meh lucky spot but I don't let them have it without a fight here an there, I tell ya!" He said with vigor in his voice; sounds like he was more than willing to share his tale with Cassan, though he would have to be careful with his word choice or he may just get stories rather than intel.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Feb 29th 01:56 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+9 = 26(17 + 9)   #2 d20+13 = 30(17 + 13)  

Brunkvik would make an effort to creep in on the three figures, being careful as to not alert them to his presence.

Stealth Check: d20+9 = 26(17 + 9)

Perception Check: d20+13 = 30(17 + 13)

1 · by SparxTheHero · Feb 29th 19:20

"I am sorry to hear that, do you have any idea why they would become so aggressive? Surely they stayed back before?" Cassan would say as they continued the conversation. "Any information you can give us would be a wonderful help to us, that way we can help you get your lucky fishing spot back!" Cassan would flash a quick smile to the man.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Feb 29th 19:28

Lucia would keep singing her song to entertain everyone.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Feb 29th 20:10 · changed: Feb 29th 20:43

Brunkvik, having spent so much time as a mercenary in different environments, was able to keep his pressence to the absolute minimum an was able to get within 30 ft of the group an could hear their conversation quite clearly. "You sure they are the ones? They just sound like some kind of circus group, tch." One eager, twitching man said as he kicked a small pebble on the ground. "Regardless, if she heard them say they were the new Guild in town with that runt Gunther, they must be the real deal...if we could rob them at night, we could get out of this dying town an strike it out as proper bandits!" A taller, stronger man said; he had major calluses on his hand, no stranger to hard work. The third one merely nodded in agreement to the bigger mans words. The lean, antsy guy groaned an went up to the little girl, who you could clearly see must've been a street orphan. "Alright, thanks for the info shrimp but good luck trying to survive without us after we make it big! Haha!" As he tossed 2 silver pieces in her face and she piped up angerily; her voice shaking with fear but deteremined. "H-Hey...that's...that's not even half of what you...promised for the final job." She said as she picked up the coins but on getting to the 2nd one, the twitchy man stepped on her hand, making her cry in pain. "Oh, when did you get a mouth on ya? You don't think it's fair? Well...let's see what you say after you meet my two new friends~" He said as he pulled twin daggers with expert speed to her throat, but he didn't draw blood. The other two didn't say anything. She was in some deep trouble...what would Brunkvik do?

__________________

Lucia would keep up her singing for several more minutes, the crowd loving every moment of the performance she was making and when someone shouted loudly, "Who is that woman?" Gunter stood up on a nearby table an shouted with his best manly voice, "That is Lucia, of the new Guild in our town! The most beautiful woman in all the land, with a golden voice to match!" He proclaimed loudly and most of the bar would 'oooo' at the information they just heard. However, at least three or four individuals slowly started trying to creep out of the bar; their faces going pale as they heard the news of a New Guild in town. Chomusuke would glare at them as they walked past him, trying to make sure he could remember their faces as they left; in case they would pose a threat to his partner.

"Dang heck of it if I knew what damned fishy smelling, looking blokes wanted to stop bein friendly! I never did like them even when they friendly cuz they...they just didn't sit right with me an now I know I dun was right all along!" He said as he wobbled a bit, regained his balance and took a long swig from his mug as he belched an then would perk up as he leaned in close to Cassan; the alcohol was potent from his mouth that, surprisingly, had all his teeth. Though, they weren't in the greatest of condition, he would then hear Jenkins whisper, "You...you would get me back my lucky spot? You'd kill them fish people, drive them back? Oh that would be wonderful but it's my spot, so don't be too loud, ya hear? I could show you guys tonight or tomorrow, ya can find me here or at my hut on the north end of town, cuz...I think I hit my limit." He says as he pushes the mug away from himself an holds the bar table to keep himself steady as he tries to himself from falling.

1 · by SparxTheHero · Feb 29th 21:55

"Thank you very much for the information, I'm certain we can deal with these fish men." Cassan would bow slightly, "We will come by and see you as soon as we can, I will see if they need to gather anything else before we set out!" As Cassan said that, he would look around, noticing Brunkvik was nowhere to be seen. "Once I find them." Cassan would mutter under his breath as he walked towards where Lucia and Chomusuke were.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Feb 29th 22:42 · rolls: 8 · changed: Feb 29th 22:54
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+9 = 23(14 + 9)   #2 d20+9 = 29(20 + 9)   #3 2d6+3 = 10(1 +6 + 3)   #4 1d6 = 6(6)   #5 d20+9 = 16(7 + 9)   #6 2d6+3 = 5(1 +1 + 3)   #7 d20+10 = 15(5 + 10)   #8 4d6+6 = 14(3 +1 +3 +1 + 6)  

Brunkvik would draw his bow as quietly as possible, taking any necessary 5 foot step to get a better shot and focusing it on the figure holding its blades to the little girl's throat. He would then unleash a flurry of arrows on the figure, shooting two arrows towards it!

Stealth Check: d20+9 = 23(14 + 9)

Flurry of Bows:

Attack #1: d20+9 = 29(20 + 9)

Damage: 2d6+3 = 10(1 +6 + 3)

Sneak Attack: 1d6 = 6(6)

Attack #2: d20+9 = 16(7 + 9)

Damage: 2d6+3 = 5(1 +1 + 3)

Note((If attack #1 and the sneak attack damage hit, Brunkvik can and will study the twin bladed figure as an immediate action, allowing for him to apply an additional +1 to his attack and damage rolls against it.))

Critical Confirmation Roll: d20+10 = 15(5 + 10)

Critical Damage: 4d6+6 = 14(3 +1 +3 +1 + 6)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Mar 01st 00:50

Lucia would step off the stage and walk back over to Chomusuke and Gunther. "So did you boys enjoy my performance? I hope that it was a worthy reward for you Gunther!" She'd say with a smile

1 · by Miguel123 · Mar 03rd 00:27
Page 1 of 2  
11.6
  ↑ top