ROLZ

Tavern - The Dungeon - A Pathfinder Campaign

11

The Dungeon - A Pathfinder Campaign

Timmeh1024 · Sep 10th 19:36 by AragonMoonwhisper · 269 · show header text
    Page 3 of 3
1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 13th 00:36 · changed: Apr 13th 17:20

Akhev wouldn't know what to say as Valtyra hugged him; he would blush for a brief moment, then slowly begin to hug back, lightly tapping her shoulder. "Um, it's ok Valtyra. I barely got hurt, I'm sorry I couldn't hold my own against such trifling foes." He would then break the hug, cough for a second before agreeing with Marta, "Indeed, I would highly doubt it was of good will, what with the grandeur he used to explain himself and arrival. He said that he was told to look after us or something of that accord. Regardless, I would say that we tail it out of here once we get all these cores." He would take the core that Valtyra had given him to put into his Handy Haversack, since he wouldn't have to worry about them clanking around in that one. "We may as well take the pack as well, could fetch a good price or either of you two could take it."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 13th 17:03 · rolls: 2
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+4 = 22(18 + 4)   #2 d20+11 = 18(7 + 11)  

"Awwwwe, you guys sure? I mean, Val is pretty messed up, but that potion should be able to patch you up in no time flat! We should at least finish exploring this room and then head back if we do. Otherwise we could just start taking the long way around things so that we don't have to separate from one-another. If you two are dead set on going back though, I'll have to follow you since I am not going to explore in here by myself. Also, I didn't see anything on the other side of that overhang with the exception of where those things probably came from. There were similar holes in the wall to the ones in the other room, so at least we know for next time.....Never did find the source of that dripping though..."

Marta would trail off as she makes her way over to the centipede, takes out one of her knives and starts searching for the core by making cuts in its carapace.

Dexterity Check: d20+4 = 22(18 + 4)

Perception Check: d20+11 = 18(7 + 11)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 13th 17:35 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 2d8+10 = 24(6 +8 + 10)  

Valtyra would stand back up. "I think Marta is right, plus I'd hate to end the day on almost dying and a hand out." She'd chuckle a little before drinking the potion.

Potion: 2d8+10 = 24(6 +8 + 10)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 14th 19:25

Akhev would mumble to himself; true they had more resources now than before, he could also move the potions and cores into his pack so that they were more secure an Valtyra could carry the pack extra pack. Just no more splitting up like they did with the rope, at least not until they get stronger. "Alright, you ladies make valid points. We finish the next room and then we call it a day, agreed?" He would say as he moved all the items around, then stood holding the spare pack to the group. "Who wants to carry the spare?"

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 14th 22:45 · changed: Apr 14th 22:46

"I'd rather not have anything more on my person if I can help it. I kind of need to not be weighed down, even if it's but a few pounds."

Marta would succeed in finding the core of the centipede over the next few minutes, holding the carapace open for Valtyra to hopefully attempt to pull it out.

"Val, wanna give this one a go? And that's fine with me. If those potions are as strong as you say they are, I'd rather not burn through all of them. I'd rather we buy some lesser ones, that way we don't feel like we're wasting something that high of quality. Plus, Jirgard should hopefully be able to help us with that."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 14th 23:27 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+4 = 15(11 + 4)  

Valtyra finished drinking her potion before answering. "I'm more then willing to carry the extra bag." She would say with a smile. She would set the empty bottle down and walk over to where Marta was to attempt to pull out the core.

Strength: 1d20+4 = 15(11 + 4)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 16th 15:43

Akhev would go to the pebble that Valtyra had thrown, then dispelling the Light he had cast upon it. "Indeed, I am sorely dissapointed in myself that I did not have the foresight to acquire those before we had left, things might've turned out differently with that stranger if we had..." He clenched his fist but then shook his head; no use crying over split milk, he would then walk back to the group, ready to receive the core into his bag.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 18th 01:00 · rolls: 2 · changed: Apr 18th 01:03
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+4 = 15(11 + 4)   #2 d20+11 = 31(20 + 11)  

Thanks to Marta's help in finding and extracting the core, Valtyra would successfully be able to rip it out of the centipede!

"You're getting better at this Val. It probably helps that I make it easier to get a hold of the core though." Marta would say with a very proud look on her face.

"Well now, that leaves two more to retrieve. Might as well get them over with!" Marta would make her way over to one of the two remaining roaches and begin to carve into it, looking for the core!"

Dexterity Check: d20+4 = 15(11 + 4)

Perception Check: d20+11 = 31(20 + 11)

"Marta would successfully be able to carve her way through the creature's carapace, and she would be able to immediately find the core!

"Well, it appears I got lucky with this one!" She would proclaim with a very proud look on her face.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 19th 03:01 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+4 = 13(9 + 4)  

"You're very good at what you do and a huge help." Valtyra would say with a smile as she walked over to the next exposed core and attempt to pull it out setting the other core next to her.

Strength: 1d20+4 = 13(9 + 4)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 19th 20:19

Akhev would feel just a tad inept at the current task at hand; he would think of ways where he could diagram their anatomy to perhaps see if his intelligence would help him find the core better rather than just sheer perception and dexterous hands alone could do. "Let me just record this in my journal for the dimensions of where the cores are normally located at..." He would say as he put the other core in the bag Valtyra was done with.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 20th 00:27 · rolls: 2 · changed: Apr 20th 00:29
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+4 = 14(10 + 4)   #2 d20+11 = 26(15 + 11)  

Once again, with the assistance of Marta giving her a clean view of the core, Valtyra would be successful in pulling the core from the creature's body! It would seem to Akhev that maybe the best method of action was to ask other friendly adventurers if there was an easier way to remove the cores from creatures and if the cores remain in the same spot for each species. Maybe Valtyra with her angelic looks and personality to match could be of some assistance in this endeavor?

Marta would hold the body open of the creature for a little while so that Akhev would be able to get a detailed enough description before getting back up.

"Looks like we only have one more if I'm right." Marta would say as she makes her way over to the last cockroach. "Val, let's finish this up so we can look around the rest of this room! I also remember you saying that extra stuff sometimes drops from these things when they disappear? We should probably wait a bit for them to do so before we move on, that way we don't miss out on any possible drops!"

Marta would move over to the last cockroach and begin carving into its body around where she found the core in the previous one.

Dexterity Check: d20+4 = 14(10 + 4)

Perception Check: d20+11 = 26(15 + 11)

She would be a bit slower in carving through the last one, but not by much. After about the same time as the previous cockroach, she would successfully locate the core.

"Here you go Val, let'er rip!"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 20th 16:30 · rolls: 2 · changed: Apr 20th 16:36
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+4 = 8(4 + 4)   #2 1d20+4 = 13(9 + 4)  

"If we run into Sori and Miklio again later I could try asking if there's an easier way to do the core removal. They seemed fairly knowledgeable before." She would say setting the other core down and moving over to the final one.

Strength: 1d20+4 = 8(4 + 4)

Pity Token Strength: 1d20+4 = 13(9 + 4)

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 20th 18:29

Akhev would stow away the next core, trying to remember who those two names belonged to and figured out that it must have been the two men that Valtyra stopped earlier. "Perhaps they would...regardless, we should still stay focused in case anything else tries to sneak up on us."

1 · by Strangeesophia · Apr 21st 22:54

🔰Fight 🔰Conquer 🔰Reign 🔰Restore 🔰Rescue

__◼◼◼◼◼◼◼ CASTLES OF VALOUR ◼◼◼◼◼__

🚩 Pirates 🚩 Scribes 🚩 Conquerors

3 Nations Pit For War.

Will they end up uniting their cause, or destroying each other.

📜Get resources

📜Join the frontier

📜Seek Solo Adventure

RPG in a Discord Server.

JOIN THE GAME

https://discord.gg/C5pfgde

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 22nd 15:20

Valtyra, you would successfully be able to rip out the core!

"That one gave you a bit more fuss, didn't it?" Marta would joke.

She would stand back up, brushing herself off a bit.

"Now, let's finish exploring this area and then I guess we can get out of here. I didn't see any way to get to the other side of the outcropping from where I was, but there could be a hidden entrance I didn't get time to check for. I also didn't see the source of that dripping anywhere over there, so I can only assume it' somewhere in this room still."

Marta would draw her weapons, ready to fight in case anything were to come along.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 22nd 15:31

Valtyra would hand the core to Akhev and grab the spare bag from the stranger before getting her sword and shield ready to go not wanting to be caught off guard again. "Ready to move when you two are."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 23rd 02:42

Akhev would put the last core into his bag, shifting it around until it was comfortable on his back once more. He prepared Jolt in his left hand an nodded his head to his companions, "As maddening as it is to not know where the dripping is coming from...I say we need to press on from this room. The regular formation; scout, wait for us, inspect, rinse and repeat." He said as he waited for them to start going an then he would follow after.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 25th 03:20 · rolls: 1 · changed: Apr 25th 03:28
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+8 = 23(15 + 8)  

"Sounds like a plan to me. I'll move on ahead a bit and see what's over there and then make my way back to you two." Marta would say as she makes her way into the unexplored area before them.

Stealth Check: d20+8 = 23(15 + 8)

After a few minutes, Marta would make her way back to her companions.

"I found two tunnels leading out of this room. One of them continues for quite a while down while the other one makes a sharp left turn pretty early on. I also found the source of the dripping we've been hearing incessantly now. It was simply some water dripping off of a section of stone jutting out from the wall into a small pool of water. The acoustics in this room must be pretty good for us to be able to hear it as clearly as we were from the far side of the room."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 25th 03:30 · changed: Apr 25th 18:39

"This place gets stranger and stranger the more we get into it. So what do you two want to do. I'll lead the way whatever you decide."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 25th 20:10 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+7 = 16(9 + 7)  

"Indeed...very peculiar then that we couldn't even hear those insects sneak up on us like they did then. Might they have some kind of connection that makes them hard to make out? Interesting..." Akhev would get a little lost in thought as he then remembered everything else that Marta had said as he shook his head free from the questions it was generating. "I saw we take the shorter path; less to get confused by if we don't travel too far on our first venture. And Valtyra, you will be in front of me while Marta scouts a bit more into that path; hopefully it will have some actual loot."

Akhev would remember what Marta said earlier and look again to the vanishing corpses of the monsters to see if they dropped anything. "You two hear anything like last time when they disappeared?"

Perception Check to hear as the monsters vanish: 1d20+7 = 16(9 + 7)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 26th 16:30 · rolls: 1 · changed: Apr 26th 16:30
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 29(18 + 11)  

Marta would turn her ear to the direction of the four creatures and listen in.

Perception Check: d20+11 = 29(18 + 11)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 26th 16:41 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 3(3)  

Valtyra would see if she would hear anything.

Perception Check: 1d20 = 3(3)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Apr 27th 16:13

Valtyra, you would not be able to hear anything from the directed area. Maybe the dripping was a bit too distracting for you still?

Akhev, you also would not hear anything although you would be able to focus enough to drown out the dripping. You could possibly be too far away from where the bodies were to hear anything or whatever dropped, if anything, fell too softly to hear?

Marta would be able to hear the soft thud, almost that of a cloak hitting the ground come from the area they were just in.

"I think I may have heard something hit the ground, or at least the pile of what used to be those creatures, but it could very well be something else entirely. I can run back over and check it out if you two want to join me or simply meet me by the entrance to the other tunnel. If you keep going in that direction, you can't miss it. You two will probably have to get fairly close to it though, since the lighting in here isn't very consistent. It can go from dim to dark fairly quickly, but you two should be fine." Marta would start walking back the way they came, turning her head back after a little ways to see if her companions were going to accompany her.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Apr 27th 16:27

Valtyra would turn back to accompany Marta.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Apr 30th 02:14

"We are still close by, we should all check it out in case it is more than just a drop." Akhev would say as he followed after the two women.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 02nd 03:49 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 28(17 + 11)  

As the group would make their way back to where the four creatures were slain, they would see four piles of ash in the spots where they were last seen. Marta would make her way over to the closest pile, being one of the smaller ones and presumably from one of the roaches. She would immediately stick her hands into it, combing them through it in search for anything that wasn't the ash or a rock.

"You two wanna check out the other ones? We might as well all check at least one to see if we can find out if I was hearing things or not!"

Perception Check: d20+11 = 28(17 + 11)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 02nd 04:07 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 11(11)  

Valtyra would walk over to another one of the smaller piles and begin digging though it to see if she could find something.

Perception Check: 1d20 = 11(11)

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 03rd 05:04 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+7 = 12(5 + 7)  

Akhev would nod his head as he would go to a pile that wasn't already occupied by his teammates an begin searching, wishing he could take his time with this but knowing that the other two wouldn't want to spend that much time on it. "Come out whatever you are, little loot drop..."

Perception Roll: 1d20+7 = 12(5 + 7)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 04th 19:41 · changed: May 04th 22:42

Akhev, after searching through the ash pile for a bit, you wouldn't feel anything other than the substance passing between your fingers.

Valtyra, you would not be able to make out anything other than small clumps of the dust and the occasional rock.

As Marta would sift her fingers through her pile, she would feel a pair of objects hit her fingers that didn't feel like they could be rocks. After removing them from the pile and brushing them off a bit with her cloak, she would be able to tell that they were what looked like the creature's eyes!

"This is kinda gross, but maybe they can be used for something? There are two of them, so maybe we can turn them into goggles or lenses of some kind? Akhev, what do you know about how the eyes of these things work?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 05th 15:22 · rolls: 1 · changed: May 05th 15:22
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 20(20)  

"That is pretty gross...... unfortunately I didn't find anything in this pile. I can search the big pile left by the large monster quick to see if it left anything behind." Valtyra would then stand up and move over to the larger pile and begin digging around.

Perception: 1d20 = 20(20)

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 06th 02:29 · rolls: 2 · changed: May 06th 02:30
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+8 = 12(4 + 8)   #2 1d20+8 = 22(14 + 8)  

Akhev was perplexed that a pair of the creatures eyes wouldn't disintegrate along with the rest of it's body, he hurriedly went over to Marta, pulling out his journal from earlier that he jotted down notes in and tried to remember what else about these creatures he recalled from his studies. "Gross it may be but they could be very helpful...or in the least, valuable to some magic crafter's or mages back in town."

Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20+8 = 12(4 + 8)

Weekly Pitty Token!

Reroll Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20+8 = 22(14 + 8)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 06th 17:15

Valtyra, after searching for a few minutes through the large pile of ash left by the centipede creature, you would feel the shape of what felt like a large sheet. After pulling it out of the pile, you would find that it is incredibly light! This was most likely a part of the creature's carapace, meaning that it could possibly be used for armor of some sort? It was smaller than your shield, but far lighter. Was it, perhaps, better than the shield you currently don? Only a seasoned blacksmith would be able to tell without testing it out yourselves!

Akhev, after thinking about it for a moment, you would begin to recall some of the teachings you received on the much smaller brethren of these creatures. You would recall that the eyes of these creatures allowed for them to see their entire surroundings, making it so that they would not be able to be surprised by something coming from the bind spot that most other creatures have. As they were currently, they were, indeed, not useful. You would believe that either yourself, after some time, or a more experienced crafter could, indeed, turn them into something useful!

"Oooooo, what'd you find Val?! Marta would exclaim seeing what she pulled out from the ash pile. And I'll leave these with you then, Akhev. It sounds like they could definitely turn into something useful but they're useless as of right now." She would say, holding they eyes out to him, one in each hand.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 06th 23:45

"It appears to be a part of the creature armor plating. Surprisingly light for how big the creature was. Might be able to sell it or even have it made into a piece of armor or shield? I can carry it around unless you two don't think it's worth keeping." She would say still looking the item over.

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 07th 02:41

"No need Valtyra, remember I have this oh so Handy Haversack! It is getting close to maximum weight but it can still hold another thing or two!" He exclaims happily as he then puts the pair of eyeballs into the smaller pouch while he goes over to his paladin party member and finagles the sheet of chitin into the bigger pocket, still able to be neatly tucked in there. "Ok, back down the path Marta just scouted and let's continue!" Finding new and unusual items seems to have lifted AKhev's spirit to continue with the delving adventure!

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 08th 03:31 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 27(16 + 11)  

"You certainly seem to have regained that explorer's mentality, Akhev." Marta would chuckle.

"I'm more than happy to lead the way if you two are ready to follow!" She'd begin to make her way back towards the unexplored tunnel entrance to their left, being sure to keep an eye out for anything that may be moving around in the area.

Perception Check: d20+11 = 27(16 + 11)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 08th 05:11 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 9(9)  

Valtyra would follow behind with her sword and shield at the ready scanning the area as best as she could.

Perception Check: 1d20 = 9(9)

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 08th 15:33 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+7 = 19(12 + 7)  

Akhev would smirk at Marta's remark as he would follow behind Valtyra, with Jolt still crackling in his right hand as he made sure he was prepared this time in case anything would try to surprise them this time.

Perception: 1d20+7 = 19(12 + 7)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 09th 03:33

As the trio makes their way back through the room towards the entrance of the tunnel they agreed upon exploring, they would not hear or see anything that could be a threat to them. Again, the Dungeon was peaceful, almost too peaceful. Did it perhaps rest itself before creating more of the creatures they recently encountered, or was it the calm before the storm?

As they reach the entrance, Marta would move right into it, with no hesitation whatsoever.

"The first section here is safe from what I saw. There is a spot up ahead that we have to decide which way to go though. I didn't go any further since I didn't want to risk it by myself."

After a few minutes, the group would come upon the intersection which Marta mentioned before. They could either continue straight, go to their right down a longer tunnel, or go to their left down what appeared to be a shorter tunnel until it turned back in the same direction they were currently heading.

"I'd like to see where the tunnel to the left goes since it turns so quickly. It could very well turn into nothing, but we're better off proceeding and knowing than doing so and having no idea what could possibly be down there. What do you two think?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 09th 05:23 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20 = 16(16)  

"I'll trust your instincts on this Marta. You seem more adept at this kind of thing. I'm more of an open battlefield experienced kind of gal." She would say as she peered down the halls.

Perception Check: 1d20 = 16(16)

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 09th 19:50

"I would also like to check out the left path; if nothing else it could help draw up a better map of the area an allow us to have multiple means of returning to the dungeon entrance in case we need to make a hasty retreat if we run into something we cannot handle." Akhev would state as he would pull out the journal an make more notes of the dungeons layout as they proceeded. He would make a proper map after they explored another few times or so, maybe even see if he could sell it at the Familia store or to others who brave the dungeon.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 10th 04:55

"Sounds like we are in agreement then! Did you want me to go ahead and scout around the corner quickly or would you rather us all go together? I can turn the corner quickly and be back in just a handful of seconds without anything seeing me if you want me to."

Marta would step into the first leg of the left tunnel. It appeared that the turn was about 15 feet down a slight slope, making it slightly more difficult to see down.

Valtyra, as you quickly scan down the three tunnels you would not notice any movement or anything out of the ordinary. Although, in this Dungeon, what truly was ordinary?

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 10th 05:14

"You can scout if you'd like. Just be careful!" She would say concerned since it it being so dark.

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 10th 15:45

"I think perhaps us all going together this time might be best since before we got caught off guard being separated; at the least, always have one other person with you at all times to make sure you have your back covered you know?" Akhev would give the suggestion an opinion over to his comrades, to see what they thought of it. If anything, he could at least go with Marta since he wasn't encumbered with armor, Valtrya is best for when confrontation is inevitable or already occurring.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 12th 12:45

"The only thing is, Akhev, is that we'd be better off either me going solo or all of us going together. I know Val isn't exactly the subtle type when it comes to making an entrance and, no offense, but you don't seem like the type either. It makes no sense to separate from her if neither of you are sneaking in, ya know?"

Marta would say with a bit of a chuckle.

"I won't go further away than maybe a couple dozen feet, and if I find something at all like that outcropping, I'll come back and let you two know. These hallways seem like they're relatively safe up until now, so I'm not too worried....." She would take a few steps further down the slope.

"If you're that worried, Akhev, why don't you just sit at the corner down here and Val can be a bit further up the slope from you. You can still peer around the corner and I won't have to worry nearly as much as about you two getting trapped somewhere without me. That sound okay to you?"

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 14th 15:07 · changed: May 14th 15:08

Akhev would tilt his head with his thinking; she was kind of right about that, until he had magic abilities to help with stealth if they all didn't go together they would only hold her back if they were trying to sneak around like she had. He would nod his head in recognition and stand beside Valtyra, "Alright, we will keep the pace with how we have been doing it. Go ahead and see what you can find out friend." He would say to her as he would look in the opposite direction of where Valtyra was looking, keeping an eye out on either pathway.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 14th 15:27

"Good luck Marta." Valtyra would say with a thumbs up before continuing to look down the hall.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 23rd 12:50 · rolls: 1 · changed: May 23rd 12:54
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+8 = 25(17 + 8)  

Nodding to her companions, Marta would make her way down the tunnel, slowly but quietly.

Stealth Check: d20+8 = 25(17 + 8)

As unless her companions were diligently paying attention to their comrade, she would disappear into the shadows of the tunnel. After not to long, what felt like maybe a minute or two, she would reappear around the corner shrugging her shoulders saying,

"Looks like we got a dead end here. Nothing down here but that. We should almost make a mark on the wall or something like that so that other teams don't have to waste their time on it. What do you guys think?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 23rd 14:35 · changed: May 23rd 14:36

"It would save a lot of people the trouble of ever going down that way if we did so it makes sense to me."

1 · by Kinnon17 · May 27th 04:19 · rolls: 1
Rolls in this post: #1 1d20+7 = 27(20 + 7)  

"Agreed but I did not bring with any chalk or harder, permanent substance with which to inscribe such a warning to others...do you have something Marta?" Akhev would ask her as he looked back the way they came, making sure they were not surprised again.

Perception Check: 1d20+7 = 27(20 + 7)

1 · by Timmeh1024 · May 31st 05:08 · rolls: 1 · changed: May 31st 05:11
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+11 = 22(11 + 11)  

Akhev, you would see nothing of worry, nor any movement coming from that direction.

"I was actually hoping you'd have something we could use." Marta would say with an expecting expression.

"If you're asking me, you probably don't though, do you? I can see if I can find a rock and try to draw an X or something. I can't promise anything too much though."

Marta would look around on the ground for a suitable rock with which she could draw something on the wall.

Perception Check: d20+11 = 22(11 + 11)

"Ah, this one looks like it could work. Do we just want an arrow pointing in that direction with an X or to have it say that it's a dead end? I should be able to easily do the arrow and X, but it will take time to do the other and it may not be readable unless someone helps me."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · May 31st 08:06

"Maybe draw the line and then the X through it? I only suggest that because I don't want people to think that the arrow pointing to the X means that there's a treasure or something like on pirate maps. I might also be thinking about this all wrong too though.... I've never been in a lot of dungeons so I'm not sure how people leave signals for one another."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jun 05th 20:41

"I believe that just putting an X here would suffice; an X without any other indicator written means that it is bad or not a direction you want to go in. It is simple an usually effective for that kind of message to convey to others. I think your input makes sense Valtyra, don't sell yourself just because of your inexperience. Neither of us have had any dungeon delving escapades before we joined the familia either. At least for myself I can say."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jun 07th 15:25 · rolls: 2 · changed: Jun 07th 15:28
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+4 = 17(13 + 4)   #2 d20+4 = 21(17 + 4)  

"I can do an X, that will be easy. Maybe when we go back we should invest in some chalk. It would really come in handy for something like this."

Marta would do her best to simply make an X on each of the walls of the tunnel leading, so that someone possibly being chased by something the opposite way would not be confused and turn down it to the dead end.

Dexterity Check: d20+4 = 17(13 + 4)

Dexterity Check: d20+4 = 21(17 + 4)

After a bit more time went by, Marta would successfully be able to draw and X on each of the walls!

"Well, now that we got that over with, which one of the other two tunnels do we venture down? I say we go down the one straight ahead, but that's just me."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jun 07th 15:58

"Going straight ahead would make it the easiest to navigate back so I'll vote for that one as well."

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jun 11th 03:18

"Then it is decided; Marta; go ahead and scout. Valtyra and I will be following shortly as per the usual case."

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jun 12th 14:30 · rolls: 1 · changed: Jun 12th 14:30
Rolls in this post: #1 d20+8 = 22(14 + 8)  

"Sounds like a plan to me!"

Marta would jog off down the hallway, eventually slowing down to a complete stop before the tunnel took a turn to the left. She would begin to hug the wall to her left, peering her head around the corner enough to be able to see what was down the next stretch of the tunnel before motioning to Valtyra and Akhev that they were clear to follow her. After she saw that they noticed her motion, she would slink around the corner as quickly and quietly as possible, disappearing from view.

Stealth Check: d20+8 = 22(14 + 8)

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jun 12th 17:08

Valtyra would begin to move forward toward the corner Marta was at. "She certainly is an adventurous one isn't she?" She'd say with a smile.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jun 14th 08:45

"Indeed, though that is rather refreshing honestly. The way the atmosphere is down here, dark and dreary, someone with an enthusiastic fervor is a welcome addition in my opinion. Though, I could do with a bit less of the sarcasm, wouldn't you agree Valtyra?" Akhev would joke to her as he followed behind her, his hand still cackling softly with the prepared Jolt he had in it just in case.

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jun 15th 23:54

Valtyra would think a moment and then just smile again. "Maybe at times, but it's also what makes her unique and herself. I'm sure she knows when to be serious and not so sarcastic. I wouldn't want her to change, just like how I wouldn't want you to change." She would say as she kept walking along.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jun 21st 15:11

As the two of you reach the bend of the tunnel,Akhev, you would notice that there was a drop in temperature in the tunnel. It was not cold enough that you could see your breath, but it was cold enough that you felt the difference on any exposed skin you have. The little bit of light which the two of you had become accustomed to also seemed to be waning. While you were able to see in the dim light a fair ways throughout the previous sections of the Dungeon, you now would notice that you would only be able to see about 15 feet in front of you. Valtyra, you would notice that your ability to see in total darkness was now allowing for you to see a small section of tunnel system further away from the two of you.

After a few minutes, Marta would make her way back to her companions, noticeably recovering from what the two of you would be able to tell was simply being cold.

"Geez, I heard that places underground can become cold, but I didn't expect it to actually happen in here. The air here is cold, sure, but it gets worse the further down you go. I went ahead and scouted most of the area ahead of us and I found another dead end along with the tunnel which will lead us to the next room. Val will probably be fine being in all that armor, but, standing still, I began to feel the cold further in. It wasn't anything that would freeze someone to death from what I could tell, but too much time spent standing in one spot could definitely make you uncomfortable. Did you guys want to keep going to see if the temperature gets worse or did you want to head back for now?"

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jun 21st 15:45

"I'm fine continuing if the two of you are. I can see pretty well and, as you pointed out, can handle slightly colder temperatures right now. You comfort definitely takes priority right now." Valtyra would say.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jun 26th 17:02

"Comfort is a minor detail in this expedition; as long as it isn't life-threatening, I say we continue onwards. I will trust your sight Valtyra unless neither of you mind that I light things up with my spell? Though it would advertise our position." Akhev would say as he would continue pressing onwards, despite the coldness he would feel his thirst for knowledge and sheer curiosity would fuel his body with warmth until logic would dictate that they would need to turn back an come again better prepared for such climate changes in the tunnel system.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jul 03rd 04:40

"Sounds like we're in agreement!" Marta would exclaim. "No level of light really bothers me, personally. I've always been fortunate to have the ability to adapt my eyes to almost anything, except for that one time that I still couldn't see in the dark even though I normally can, but that was a long time ago! Now, the path to the next area is clear from what I could tell, so I may as well accompany the two of you to the next room. It didn't seem nearly as big as the previous one, but we should still be on our guard. And Akhev, you'll be fine to use your spell for this tunnel. There wasn't anything I could tell that would be threatening." Marta would then turn and start walking down the tunnel, obviously expecting that her companions were going to follow her. Almost as carefree as one could be when they were taking a stroll through a town they've lived in for years. Did she really get that comfortable with an area after she scouted it to almost entirely let her guard down?

(I'll assume you two will be following Marta, so for the sake of time, I will continue on with the narrative.)

As the three adventurers would make it to the bend of the tunnel, they would see Marta continue to walk past it as if it wasn't there, but, upon further inspection, they would notice that the tunnel seemed to be caved in just around the corner. It was nothing which would obstruct their movement through the tunnel they were currently following, but maybe it would be something worth clearing out to possibly see what lies behind it?

After a bit more walking, Marta would come to a stop and turn around to face her companions. "Akhev, would you be so kind as to put that spell of yours out for now? I don't want anything advertising where we are to whatever may be around this corner. Now, did we want to go with the same strategy as usual or did we want to have Val make her way in first, followed by Akhev, and then by myself? That way our supporter here won't get snuck up behind and we'll have the sturdiest person in front."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jul 03rd 22:46

"I'm more than willing to lead the way if that is what you wish. My sword and shield are ready to take on whatever may await us." She would say with a smile.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jul 09th 06:44

"I say we try the new tactic you suggested; I'd rather us all be the in the same place in case we get attacked again like last time. An at least we have these potions in case we really need them unlike before." Akhev would say as he would dispel the Light magic he had cast earlier; he would squint through the darkness to try an get a better look of what was ahead, making sure to be close to Val but not right on her back.

1 · by Timmeh1024 · Jul 12th 18:41

"Well then Val, if you wouldn't mind leading the way?" Marta would make her way to being just behind Akhev, about ten feet or so. "Akhev, my sight has no restrictions due to light, so I'll try my best to keep you updated as to what is going on around you."

Marta would draw both of her short swords, getting ready to fight anything that may rear its head to attack them.

"I'm ready whenever you are Val."

1 · by TopSlayer117 · Jul 12th 20:55

Valtyra would nod and begin making her way down the tunnel sword and shield at the ready.

1 · by Kinnon17 · Jul 28th 19:38

Akhev would then follow soon after Val as they began to enter the darker dungeon part as the continued onward

1 · by AragonMoonwhisper · Sep 10th 19:36

Join the Council

    Page 3 of 3
16.6
  ↑ top