ROLZ

Leave Feedback

Name  Email (optional)
Captcha
^ what's the highest result you can get when rolling two d20?

Comments

Oct 03rd 00:52
alexis

Just a minor bug report - dice rolls above halfway up the chat box that are enough to take up 2 lines glitch out and flash open and closed repeatedly because the (i) icon moves away from your mouse, thereby closing it, and so the (i) moves back down, opening it again... | reply

Sep 19th 07:22
Campaign DM

This would be golden as an app for the phone. I use this for between my real sessions to keep things... rolling.. *groan*.
You have done a very cool thing here. | reply

Sep 13th 15:48
Jason

When I try to roll stats for a D&D character using your site, the highest scores I get are 6's. I've rolled 4-5 sets of numbers, and each time they turn out to be 2,3,5,6,4,3 or something like that. I don't think your programming is totally up to speed.You might want to address this if you want people to use your site. | reply

Sep 19th 07:27
CampaignDM

I've used #3d6 and it gave me a 10, 14 and a 9...
which dice code do you use? (I am still learning all of this here, but being a DM I've been pouring over it to not let my group down and have the basics... I think) | reply

Sep 09th 04:10
Rodrigo

Hi!
I was wondering... there's a way to use the F and X function in one roll? | reply

Aug 15th 18:37
Sally Lloyd

How do you reset a password | reply

Aug 08th 19:27
JEFF

4d6h doesn't work properly. For example:

JeffW rolls gen d20 Str Con = Str 6 (-2), Con 6 (-2), Dex 5 (-3), Int 3 (-4), Wis 4 (-3), Cha 6 (-2) | reply

Aug 08th 03:12
Matt

Is there any way you can allow for a roll and a comparison to a Wiki Page?

IE: #d100 =< wikiPage.StatVariable | reply

Aug 07th 12:39
thatgirlNetwork

Dear Udo

I made a discord bot solely for rolling through the rolz.org API…
If I can find a place to easily host it and run it from, may I?
Alternatively, if you want to host it, that'd be great.

If you don't want a rolz discord bot permanently hosted at all, that's fine, too.
If you already have a rolz bot, let me know, and I'll use it instead. | reply

Jul 30th 20:38
J B

Looks like "R" additive re-rolling is not working. Tried 4D6R8 (or 4R8) and it never rolled over a 6 in 30+ attempts. But using 4M6 works fine. | reply

Jul 11th 15:14
Ross

Love this, I'm using the API in conjunction with Alfred app to make quick dice rolls in my games. Saves a lot of time for lots of enemies.

For a query like "repeat 6 1d20", I can't work out if it's possible to construct the query string to get the API to parse it correctly. Any tips on getting that working? | reply

Jul 09th 20:26
Gremias

I forgot my password AGES ago, any help? :< | reply

Jun 29th 16:23
DungeonMasterToby

I've got two groups started and one is already role-playing. During the process of learning Rolz, I accidently started a few rooms that I will never use. How can I delete these rooms or more directly, remove them from my "forum posts/rooms" menu? | reply

Jul 03rd 18:27
Udo

For most purposes you can just ignore these rooms. If it's REALLY important to you, send me an email with the room names, but even if I purge the rooms, they'll stay in your list. However, since the most recently used rooms always go to the top of the list, it should probably be fine... | reply

Jun 22nd 19:10
Hop

Hello!

Switched to this site for some of my RPGs and I'm really happy with it so far. However, my only complain about it is that since my group tends to like making big posts, reading and reviewing them is hard without being able to type on new lines or on a text box that shows more than one line, respectively. Are these something you intend on eventually implementing?

Best regards. | reply

Jul 03rd 18:29
Udo

Maybe, I don't know, it would probably break the site on mobile, but I guess I could do this eventually :) | reply

Jun 11th 19:48
Fmaster_v2

Connecting....Connecting.....Connecting....Why? | reply

Jul 03rd 18:28
Udo

The most likely reason is that you can't use Websockets, commonly this is because the protocol is blocked by a firewall or some such. | reply

Jun 02nd 14:24
aegisblack

I know it's rng, but damn my dice rolls over the last two weeks have royally sucked...80% of the time i can't get a roll above 10. | reply

May 30th 16:36
JJ

Hello,
I’m curious if something had changed in the rolling algorithms recently (in the last few months maybe)? The rolling seems to became more chaotic and less resembling normal distribution. We are playing WoD where you roll several dice and get “successes”, and it may be just me, but now the weird “minimaxed” rolling sequences like 9 9 9 2 1 9 8 7 or 5, 2, 8, 4, 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 7 seem to appear way too often. I ran a few tests on the Rolz main page, and it does appear to be an issue, and not just a stroke of (bad) luck. | reply

Jun 02nd 14:29
aegisblack

yeah man i think something is off...we are using d20 and i can't seem to get above 10 eighty percent of the time | reply

Jul 03rd 18:24
Udo

I can't reproduce this, when I generate things like 100d20, it's usually between 1000 and 1100, which seems normal to me. Also the distribution of the numbers seems fine to me. | reply

May 22nd 17:29
Sally Lloyd

I’m using a iPhone 6s+ to access Rolz. I can’t get the blogs for the game I’m in and I can’t post new threads in the forum. Please help me | reply

May 23rd 06:26
Udo

I'm also using an iPhone and I don't have any issues. While Rolz isn't exactly designed for mobile, it should work. You didn't give me a lot to go on either. I'll need a description of what problems you are actually experiencing. | reply

May 08th 21:23
shinyness

when you add modifiers i.e. 1d20+5 the mod is set as equal to zero so the roll comes out as wrong. | reply

May 08th 22:23
Udo

Looks like something went wrong with the last update, I'm taking care of it | reply

May 03rd 01:31
Anonymous Coward

Is there no way to change password? | reply

May 08th 00:41
Udo

Since we don't use email addresses for accounts, there is no way to reset your password. You'll have to create a new account. | reply

Apr 22nd 21:18
Kat

Heya,

I see you have a equal to and greater formula. Is there something like a equal to and under?

For example, in a quest that I follow, it has a Talent Number and in order to count cultivation successes, it's every roll that's equal to your talent no. and lower for successes. So if you talent number is, say, 6, 1-6 = successes, but 7-10 = failures. | reply

Apr 20th 11:12
Charles

I have read the law, the citizen brief made available to us. Not the full document introduced to the Union (yet.)

First and foremost; this website is not a business. It would be considered a private, non commercial website, and these laws target companies. (Registered and all, operating in the EU or having trade deals in place legitimizing working in the EU and of course, being subject to EU laws whilst doing so.) Because you are not a "Service provider." in the term of a contract (Tit for Tat) But rather a free to use tool online using donations i do not think you are subject to the penalties or obligations.

Secondly in regards to liability, I think you lawyers was commenting on: (Art. 33-34 of the Regulation)

"If your data is lost or stolen, and if this data breach could harm you, the
company causing the data breach will have to inform you (and the relevant data
protection supervisory authority) without undue delay. If the company doesn’t do
this, it can be fined. Recent attacks, such as WannaCry, Meltdown and Spectre, or
the Uber case show how important this new right is."

That is to say if Damages WERE suffered, proven by court, and willful ignorance or attempts to cover up the breach, proven in court sanctions will be filed. But, because you are not a for-profit anything. But i also do not think your site (as far as i can see) stores any information that could "Hurt" a person. People do not have secrets hidden here, banking information, credit cards? Home adresses?

And (Art. 12-14 of the Regulation)

A right to receive clear and understandable information
about who is processing your data, what data they are processing and why they are
processing it.

I do not reckon you store much information, but you will need to have one of those anoying eula's or pop up saying. "We have cookies, store your ip for future visits and do not do anything with th is information, the Eu has asked me to be annoying so click on the TRIANGLE, not the X to say "Ok man. what ever let me roll dice."

It is my opinion that you will be fine, but asking lawyers who understands EU laws and your specific obligation is a good step to ensure you manage your risks.

I have been using your site recently and hope to continue to use the work of your great efforts in the comming years.

Stay calm, be good, and be cool man.

-Eu guy. | reply

May 08th 00:39
Udo

Charles, thanks for taking the time to post some advice about this. While I am personally reasonably sure that Rolz is not in violation of the spirit of the data protection laws, my personal risk due to operating the site has undoubtedly increased now. I have taken some steps to hopefully limit the damage that can be done to Rolz.

I do not believe, however, there is sufficient grounds to distinguish legally between a company and an individual providing a service, even if that service is not for profit. As an EU citizen, I'm personally responsible for any and all liabilities that arise out of Rolz. It is my understanding that a European court will not treat hobbyists differently from corporations. Even assuming that I'd win in the end, the mere act of defending myself against a lawyer specializing in for-profit complaints is financially precarious for me.

As I posted elsewhere, I have taken some minimal steps to hopefully limit my personal exposure. Blanket geoblocking the EU isn't going to happen anymore, however, I will be blocking access from Germany, because that is where most of the danger is coming from. | reply

Apr 16th 20:59
Max

Hey dude, I don't really understand what you're saying with your latest message, but nothing in any EU legislation would stop EU residents from accessing this site, their is no legal issue.

All the best | reply

Apr 19th 13:21
Udo

Max, I'm not sure if Rolz exposes me to liability, and the lawyer I talked to (who was admittedly not very good) said that the site really needs to be run by a limited liability company, one that is preferably not registered in the EU. I'm definitely getting a second opinion on this... | reply

Apr 08th 02:10
Ashandarei

No way to change password? | reply

Apr 13th 13:42
Udo

Ashandarei, since user accounts are not linked to anything else (like email addresses for example), the only way to go about this is to register another user account. | reply

Apr 03rd 18:41
Epid

Hey great side! but i was so smart and forgotten my password :) to my account name as epid can you help me? | reply

Apr 01st 02:25
Anonymous Coward

Ending a roll with a semi-colon rolls an extra d0. | reply

Mar 31st 11:10
Rumsie

If I try to save shortcuts it only saves the first six. Everytime I change Dice Rooms all my other shortcuts are reset. | reply

Mar 19th 01:54
Sateva

I was wondering if there is a rolz Discord bot? | reply

Apr 13th 13:41
Udo

Sateva, not at this point, sorry. | reply

Mar 13th 15:04
TellerianHawke

When I enter my credentials in Chrome, and try to log in, it gives me an error page. ("This page is not working.")

Then, if I hit "Refresh," it gives me the blank login screen again.

Then, if I hit "Dice Room" it acts normal, and goes to my dashboard.

This does NOT occur if I login with Microsoft Explorer. (The old one, Version 11.0.9600.18837)

So apparently, ROLZ doesn't work correctly with Chrome. Will there be a fix for this? I've been putting up with this for quite some time (a few months) and although I know how to bypass the error, it is inconvenient to be forced to do so.

Thanks! | reply

Apr 13th 13:41

TellerianHawke, I cannot reproduce this. I'm also using Chrome :/ | reply

Mar 04th 22:13
Koen Cornelis

Hi there,

i tried to use the api, however i notice that you haven't set an Acces Controll header, meaning that the only viable option to use it is jsonp, even though multiple formats are supported. Is it possible to set the access-controll header?

Sincerely,
koen

PS: the reason i ask is because i've incorporated the api into a "random char generator" exercise for first year ACS students. | reply

Mar 05th 10:58

Sure Koen, I added the headers. | reply

Feb 19th 03:04
Grasharm

I'm playing shadowrun 5e and I wanted to see if I could use this to do some of the rolling but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I'm getting errors using (count=1 *d6e5). What I'm trying to do is get the system to tell me how many of * d6s are 5 or 6s thus sucesses and how many 1s were rolled so I can see if half or more were ones and thus this roll is a glitch. Eventually I'll also want to have a second one where all 6s are also rolled again for edge tests but one step at a time. | reply

Feb 12th 06:58
dood

is there a way to roll a large bulk of dice all at once? for example:

I want to roll 10d30 100 times instead of clicking roll 100 times

then I want to "count/or sum up" how many times I rolled 300(all 10 dice on 30) etc? | reply

Jan 30th 19:55
Graves

Graves is the registered account name | reply

Jan 28th 22:14
Graves

I forgot my password | reply

Jan 28th 22:19
Udo

Graves, what's your registered account name? | reply

Jan 28th 19:07
Rumsie

I can only save 6 shortcuts for some reason. If I try to create more they will dissappear as soon as I log out or even go to another room. I can update the first 6 but after that it won't work. | reply

Feb 04th 00:14
Rumsie

Anyone else has this problem? | reply

Jan 25th 03:54
Arcane

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting end of file in /srv/www/htdocs/rolz.org/data/cache.9c017f20e257384d998144af47f67e84.json.php on line 28

Error i get when trying to enter rooms | reply

Jan 25th 14:16
Udo

Arcane, sorry about that, it happens sometimes. You should still be able to join rooms when that happens, it's just the start page that's messed up. | reply

Jan 19th 14:53
Mark

Hi!

If I were to use Rolz for a PbP game, would our room persist so that we could use it as a neutral base for our rolls? In other words, if a character were to roll initiative, action, effect, could I log into the room two days later to see the results? | reply

Jan 25th 14:17

Mark, yes, that's what Rolz was made for :) | reply

Jan 09th 07:50
kiru

yep, servers down | reply

Jan 09th 08:28
Udo

Should be back up again, sorry for the outage. The program that was supposed to alert me of such things also went down. | reply

Jan 09th 04:07
Unlimited_Adventuerer

Servers are down. | reply

Jan 09th 08:29

Jan 09th 03:56
Unlimited_Adventuerer

Cant connect to the dice roller. Keeps going Connecting over and over and over. | reply

Dec 28th 20:56
blah

my messages arent going through | reply

Jan 09th 08:29
Udo

blah, should be back up again, sorry for the outage. The program that was supposed to alert me of such things also went down. | reply

Dec 05th 16:05
Petrh

It is not easy way how to change password for login registration? | reply

Dec 05th 03:47
yamkitsu

can't join or create a room right now :/ it seems like it just refreshes the page | reply

Jan 09th 08:29
Udo

yamkitsu, should be back up again, sorry for the outage. The program that was supposed to alert me of such things also went down. | reply

Nov 21st 12:42
JacksonCash

Just found this the other night, and I think its going to be exactly what I've been looking for to run my web games. Thanks for the work on it! | reply

Nov 19th 16:48
RacingM3GTR

Diceroom's constantly trying to connect but isn't working. | reply

Jan 09th 08:30
Udo

RacingM3GTR, should be back up again, sorry for the outage. The program that was supposed to alert me of such things also went down. | reply

Nov 19th 01:19
Ceroy

Vedexent is correct. The embedded dice roll syntax doesn't work. It has been broken for quite a while now. Hopefully this is a small error that can be fixed soon. | reply

Nov 14th 22:58
Takeda Yashiiro

system dice fail | reply

Nov 11th 05:46
James

I'm posting this to agree with Eli below me--not being able to rename myself "GM", or risking any kind of name being password-locked is kind of ridiculous. I love the chat interface and room wiki functions, but am torn between Rolz and Roll20/something else for literally only this reason.

Reducing restrictions to a room-by-room basis (so you can't have 2 people named GM, for example) would make Rolz my first choice for chatroom-based RPing. | reply

Oct 24th 17:49
Vedexent

Just a heads up that - at least in the lobby - the embedded die roll syntax ( e.g. "This is my D20 roll: [d20]" ) seems to be broken.

Trying to use this syntax causes the system to return no text at all: no speech, no die roll - it just appears that the person has said a blank line. | reply

Oct 23rd 23:40
Eli

Hello!

I use this site rather frequently for tabletop games, and while I enjoy the notion of having password protected nicknames, it is growing increasing frustrating to explain to my game masters why my name is not my characters as those names seem to just ever increasingly become password protected. It makes our sessions confusing for identifying who exactly is rolling,

So while the idea is nice, it is also, in my opinion, becoming a a nuisance to try and give yourself a nick for your in game character and the message of password protected keeps popping up. | reply

Oct 22nd 20:45
Orkogo

Hi!
It's a great work, thank you!
Can you create such a success-based dice code, in which we can see how many dice rolled equal to or LOWER than some number? (Maybe with type "U')
Thank you! | reply

14. Oct 2017 17:52
Amras

I may be missing something, but running the count command seems to display the sum of dice rather than the count of the results specified.

ex. #count=1 10d6 displays the following:
Amras rolls count=1 10d6 = 33 (3 +6 +4 +4 +1 +4 +4 +1 +2 +4) | reply

14. Oct 2017 00:41
Knolden

I cannot get into the dicerooms right now. It keeps attempting to connect. | reply

14. Oct 2017 00:45
knolden

and now 10 mins later the diceroom let me back in. Huh. Sorry to disturb I guess. | reply

25. Sep 2017 17:31
Isaacssv558

The inline dice codes seem to be broken. When I post "test [1d100]" I get a blank line in the chat log. e.g. Isaacssv558:

These used to work, so no idea why they don't now. Websockets is working and I tried turning my firewall off, but still no lick. | reply

14. Sep 2017 15:14
Guilfer

I want to delete profile and dice room. How can I do that? | reply

15. Sep 2017 09:23
Udo

Since dice rooms are private your should be fine anyway, but refer to the help section under dice rooms the "/room close" command is what you need to close down a room. As far as your "profile" goes, just change the password to something random and log out. | reply

06. Sep 2017 19:47
Damon Varr

We can only save 6 short cuts I would like to be able to save 24 for the game I am playing with a couple friends. | reply

27. Aug 2017 00:46
Krivda

Hi, thats' a great site. Many thaks from me!

But i lack one feature: is there any possibility to send a multi line (with cr/lf) text to the chat? | reply

26. Aug 2017 04:44
megarock1018

The bracket "[ ]" Commands wont work, whenever i include them, it ends up a blank post, | reply

14. Sep 2017 22:00
Daniel

Same problem here. It was very usefull to save shortcuts like: "Sword [d20+3] damage [d6+4]" | reply

15. Sep 2017 09:25
Udo

megarock1018 I know, I fucked something up in the parser, it's next on my to-do list, sorry about that | reply

Dec 18th 23:58
Gwenyver

Hello Udo, any news about the square bracket? Thanks in advance | reply

25. Aug 2017 04:07
I

What's the link to the IRC server? I'd rather have this handy in my command line than in the browser. | reply

15. Sep 2017 01:33

There is no IRC server, sorry | reply

18. Aug 2017 17:13
Tucker

Whenever I try to use brackets to embed rolls in lines of text nothing shows up in the chat other than my name. | reply

17. Aug 2017 19:41
Anonymous Coward

Bug with explosive dices

xxx rolls 10d10s4 = 8 ( (2 28 8 7 4 8 2 8 8 16 → 8 success(es) against 4) )

But it is 11 successes!
28 = 10 + 10 + 8 (3 successes non 1)
Same thing with 16 | reply

20. Aug 2017 02:35

You misunderstood how the "S" code works.You want "M": 10d10m4 | reply

11. Aug 2017 02:31
Nazareth

for some reason when i type i start to stutter, for lack of a better word. i guess an equivalent would be like "lagging" but it's more of a slow stutter.
and it only happens when I type. | reply

09. Aug 2017 02:29
daniel

A lot of rooms was created aumaticaly in my acount and comands with [] dont work now. How to solve this? | reply

08. Aug 2017 08:17
Ech

Whatchamacallthems don't work for me any more. Inline dice rolls? The ones where you do [1d20], they just turn up as empty messages when I hit enter.

I guess I am also gonna use this time to test if forum post rolls work for me [roll 1d20] | reply

03. Aug 2017 23:58
Sean Patrick Fannon

PS - Thanks for deleting certain conversations. I was in a very black head space when I started reading some of those truly horrific trolls, and I engaged with the intent to vent my spleen back at them.

In the end, it was stupid, as I should have just ignored them. They did make very tantalizing targets, though.

Regardless, not only do I respect your decision to delete said conversations, I am grateful for it.

And for this site. I am impressed it has a way to handle Prowlers & Paragons style dice rolls. | reply

03. Aug 2017 11:16
MacCthulhu

Hi, first of all thanks for the effort in keeping Rolz going. The servers seem to be up again but I still cannot see my dice rooms, just some symbols - when I try to connect I get a host error on the Rolz side. Would be great if you can look into this. Thanks! | reply

03. Aug 2017 13:04
Udo

MacCthulhu, I can't reproduce this... :/ are you able to connect to the Lobby for example? | reply

03. Aug 2017 20:34
MacCthulhu

Yes once I log in I get to the Lobby. but then I can't go to the rooms. | reply

03. Aug 2017 20:42
MacCthulhu

Hi Udo, it just worked for me now - thanks | reply

03. Aug 2017 00:57
Brimstone

THanks Udo! Thank you SO much! GUnna be dnoanting soonish! One i figure out Funds! | reply

02. Aug 2017 22:06
Udo

sorry about the outage, nobody told me and the monitoring program that was supposed to alert me didn't work | reply

02. Aug 2017 23:11
Tom

Thanks Udo! Glad to see it back and running again! | reply

05. Aug 2017 00:35
Scott

Thanks Udo.... | reply

02. Aug 2017 21:29
Cristoforus

Things seem to be OK...for now... | reply

02. Aug 2017 22:03
Justin Reilly

Let us hope it lasts | reply

02. Aug 2017 20:35
LynxCub

No matter what 'Dice Room' I connect to, I get a connecting, but it never connects | reply

02. Aug 2017 21:09
Brimstone

The servers are down. | reply

02. Aug 2017 16:48
Brimstone

Is this site still supported? I know there are donations and such. But does the Owner still do maintenance and upkeep? There hasn't been a post from him in a very long time. I was getting ready to donate, use this place for a game. But now I am having second thoughts. | reply

02. Aug 2017 21:58
Udo

I'm still there, just not every day. Unfortunately, the site went down when I was away. | reply

02. Aug 2017 10:24
Zy

The server's down and my friends and I use it for D&D please get it back up asap! Thanks! | reply

02. Aug 2017 06:12
Desiree

There's currently an issue with the servers. Any updates or news on when this issue will be resolve? Thanks! | reply

02. Aug 2017 01:06
Brimstone

It seems the servers are down. Does anyone know a reliable way to reach the owner/Operator to be able to fix it? | reply

02. Aug 2017 22:07
Udo

You guys could have sent me an email ;) | reply

02. Aug 2017 00:11
Robert

Hello,
I love this site and it makes it so easy for me and my friends to play for RP sessions; however recently the site has been crashing and it's almost impossible to use it. If this were to be fixed I would say this site be 10/10 | reply

01. Aug 2017 20:26
Sean Patrick Fannon

Hey there, interested in incorporating your system for something huge I am launching in the near future, but there seems to be a problem with the Dice Rooms. Would appreciate any update you can give on when you plan to have that resolved, please.

Thanks!

Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more | reply

01. Aug 2017 13:29
Justin Reilly

None of my Dice rooms are loading. | reply

01. Aug 2017 05:51
megarock1018

It has now been over 24 hours since the Chatrooms went down, it is now becoming more and more disconcerting, since we cant even get the chatlogs for future notes. | reply

01. Aug 2017 05:06
heartcrusher1

I tried making a new dice room and it didn't work. The message "Connecting ..." kept appearing repeatedly, and it seems that several people have had the same problem in the past few hours, even days. | reply

01. Aug 2017 02:13
jack

the rolz dice room isnt loading it just keeps showing up as connecting over and over again | reply

01. Aug 2017 00:18
Scott

Performance has been lacking for two months and now the servers are down for a long time.

Our league has given decent donations and can't play.... | reply