ROLZ

Leave Feedback

Name  Email (optional)
Captcha
^ what's the highest result you can get when rolling one d6?

Comments

20 h ago
jesse

site lacks means to reset password (forgotten mine and can't sign in) | reply

Fri 20:48
drofdarb

I'm having weird results in the dice roller.

This example:
Lowest 4 of 6D10: #6D10L4

Renders this result:
rolls 6D10L4 = 24 (low 4 of 9; 8; 8; 5; 8; 3 = 24)

Notice that there is no reason there should be 5 rolls shown nor any reason for it to say Lowest 4 of 9. It should be the lowest 4 of 6 rolls...

Similarly...
2d20+5 renders this way:
rolls 2d20H+5 = 23 (high 1 of 18; 9 = 18 + 5)

And 5+2d20H1 renders this way:
rolls 5+2d20H1 = 17 (5 + high 1 of 12; 11 = 12)

I'm totally confused. Has this thing lost the ability to pick H and L rolls or at least how to interpret them? Is there some syntax I'm confusing? I've tried # and - as the command and I have tried different leading spaces and nothing has changed. | reply

May 05th 14:52
Ketnan

Any chance you (or me?) could add these Tables-to-roll-on?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BehindTheTables/?count=26&before=t3_5zugye | reply

May 05th 14:20
johnny

how can i create a NPC on this site? i know i have that option but i dont know how can i do it | reply

May 04th 01:39
Gremias

I made an account recently and have forgotten my password since then. Theres no way to confirm accounts on this website so Im sort of left without many options to get my name back since it locks the name. Is there anything you can do to help me out? | reply

May 04th 01:40
Gremias

the account was named the same as the one im using here. | reply

May 05th 00:31
Gremias

Udooooo please help :< | reply

May 01st 18:51
Joshthenesnerd

i feel a little uncomfortable after making an account, there wasn't any way of having confirmation like an email or something. | reply

Apr 26th 00:49
Jango

My group hates the password feature of nicknames.

Half the names we were using have been locked down.

None of us pass worded the names, but we need passwords to use them.

This feature sucks | reply

Apr 26th 00:59

You're mad that Rolz has user accounts? | reply

Apr 20th 03:25
Iandude0

I've been getting this screen when going back to the dice room: http://i.imgur.com/bb8OX28.png

As far as I can tell, these rooms stall out rolz on my end and do absolutely nothing. I can still reach my normal dice rooms if I manually type the url in the search bar, but it's still kind of annoying and hopefully you can do something about this before it becomes a problem for other users. | reply

Apr 17th 18:53
Bram

It would be nice to be able to clear history out of a room as the owner.
I was using the room for character creation rolls, but would like to keep them secret between people untill the first session. Because they also talk about class/race/specialisation. | reply

May 10th 11:57
Spike

+1 for that! | reply

Apr 13th 15:21
Sobekan

Hey, I was screwing around with the dice roller on the homepage and found this...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /srv/www/htdocs/rolz.org/lib/diceparser.class.php(970) : eval()'d code on line 1

Happens when doing anything like 1==1. | reply

Apr 13th 15:24
Udo

You used unsupported syntax. I know, it's ugly. There's going to be a new parser eventually. For now you'll just have to enter correct codes ;) | reply

Apr 13th 17:17
Sobekan

I'm actually working on a parser for my Final Year Project at Uni, inspired by the one here; that's why I was testing it. I was trying to get insight on how you are doing it. :P | reply

Apr 13th 21:57
Udo

I love parsers/lexers! If you're interested in the rolz parser, I have pasted the relevant sections here: https://pastebin.com/CTKxS3E9

It's basically tokenize() and then recursive descent, which creates an AST-like structure that then gets executed directly through an interpreter.

If you want to have a look at a good parser in C, I highly recommend checking out the Lua language source code (not LuaJIT, but the interpreted version), it's very clean.

If you want to write something elegant, also check out Top Down Operator Precedence - here's a talk by Crockford about it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlqv6NtBXcA | reply

Apr 14th 12:40
Sobekan

Thank you so much. You really went above and beyond what I was expecting for a reply!! XD
You sir, will be credited in the documentation. Keep doing what your doing!!!

You are the coolest website owner I've ever dealt with!!! | reply

Apr 12th 10:14
Skaild

Can enter or create no dice room. Bad gateway - no response from host rolz.org | reply

Apr 12th 10:17
Udo

Can't reproduce this problem. | reply

Apr 03rd 11:19
Rapno

Why cant people in my room see my dice throws? I tried with #d and [d] but with both commands only I can see the results. | reply

Apr 12th 10:18
Udo

People can absolutely see what you post. Maybe they're trolling you? | reply

Apr 03rd 04:53
dndkeg

The shortcuts I create do not save when I leave a dice room and join another room. Can you fix this please? | reply

Mar 21st 14:44
Testy

Is there a power-user command to do the following:

For Successes with additive re-roll... The problem is that say with a 6 Sided Die with additive re-rolls will make some target numbers identical i.e. TN 6 and 7. If you roll a six you are guaranteed to get at least a 7 on the re-roll. Is there a power-user command to subtract 1 from the result before the re-roll? So if I roll a 6, the system should calculate the re-roll as 5+1d6.. This way I could end up with a 6 final result if I roll a 1. In this way a target number of 7 is no longer guaranteed. If it adds twice (rolls 6 then rolls 6 again) it should calculate the third re-roll as 11 + 1d6 and so on. | reply

Mar 20th 03:09
Lee

When using the roller with the command below it seems to ignore the dice type and roll d10s instead:

1d6:6+4S8

I'm playing Traveller and need to roll 2d6, add them together and then add a modifier and compare the total to a difficulty number (usually 8) to determine success. It would be especially good if the command could give the "effect" of the roll as well (total rolled including modifiers minus 8)

i.e.

Engineering (jump drives) 1
Education 1

A roll to fix the jump drive would be 2d6+2 with a target number of 8.

A character that rolls 4 and 3 therefore has a total of 9 which is a success with a +1 effect.

Is this possible? | reply

Mar 20th 03:15
Udo

The S code has d10 as its standard die. But 2D6S8 won't work for you either, since that would give you the number of successes against an 8. You can't express the Traveler rolls with Rolz dice codes right now. You can do 2d6+4 and manually check against the difficulty, but everything else would require a new code or scripting support (which I'm working on). | reply

Mar 20th 03:17
Lee

The following seems to work ok:

1d6:6S4

I just have to change the target number based on the modifiers ... not ideal but will do until you have new code in place :) | reply

Mar 20th 03:18
Udo

Isn't that more confusing than manually comparing against the target number? Well, whatever works for you I guess ;) | reply

Mar 20th 03:22
Lee

I thought it might be at first, but when you have to do 50 medic checks for low-berth passengers at every planet you jump to "#repeat 50 126:6S4" and then just count how many 0's there are to see how many didn't make it is much easier :) | reply

Mar 12th 20:14
Ondrelord

After first page inserted into wiki it stops showing edit and new page buttons | reply

Mar 12th 20:17
Ondrelord

sorry my bad. just need to be signed in. | reply

Mar 05th 16:44
Enjou

It seems that rooms may be logging people changing their usernames when they use a password - you might want to check on that. | reply

Mar 05th 16:46
Udo

What do you mean "logging people", can you be more specific? | reply

Mar 05th 16:53
Udo

You put a space in front of the /nick command, causing Rolz to think it's a normal chat line. | reply

Mar 05th 03:20
Halfslain

Thanks Udo! | reply

Mar 05th 00:54
Halfslain

Hi Udo,

The rooms have become unstable, disconnecting users every few seconds. Please take a look at it when you have a chance! | reply

Mar 05th 00:50
Billy

Hiya there Udo.

Been trying to use the rooms tonight and all of a sudden they have started glitching, throwing everyone out and making it impossible to get back in. has the site crashed? | reply

Mar 05th 00:50
Jazmine

Room glitching out. Keeps loggin players out then back in constantly. | reply

Mar 05th 00:49
Jazmine

Room glitching out. Keeps loggin players out then back in constantly. | reply

Feb 28th 06:07
Katarine

Hello!

First I'd really like to say that this site is our group's go-to for dice rolling. It's simple, quick and easy, and keeps everyone accountable. You've done an amazing job with it and I hope that it continues to grow~

Second, I was curious (as I hadn't found an answer yet) if there was a way to delete rooms you don't use. I have three made but we only use one and it's bugging me ^u^;; If not, will there be in the future?

Kat | reply

Feb 28th 06:16
Udo

Since the room names are secret, there is currently no way to delete a room. However, I introduced the concept of room ownership a while back, so it's possible if people really want it. Maybe it's time ;) | reply

Feb 28th 08:12
Udo

Okay, not sure it's working right yet, but I made a new command to close rooms (see Dice Room help page for more info). | reply

Mar 04th 23:04
Katarine

I tried it out, and yep, it does close the room, but it's still visible in my dice room list.

Thank you for adding that command in, though~ it's nice that you're so active in the making of the site. That's something I really do appreciate~ | reply

Feb 20th 17:21
Libby

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of a bother with whitelist. I used one to test it out and see how it worked, and it seemed to be working okay, but then I tried to turn it off since some of the people using the room couldn't get on. I figured it'd be an easy "/room whitelist=" and it showed up a line saying whitelist is off, but now the people just keep getting tossed to the lobby. I tried whitelisting (and turning it back on, of course) them using their registered nicks, but that just kept giving them an "You're not on the whitelist" result.

Seems there might be a bug of some sort? | reply

Feb 08th 04:43
Adon_the_Witcher

Group plays in several separate rooms. One particular room has stopped recording the posts/rolls of all my accounts, but the other rooms work fine. | reply

Feb 08th 08:43
Udo

Adon_the_Witcher: It's probably flagged for some reason. If you send me the room name via email, I can look into it. | reply

Feb 07th 19:37
tonberryking999

for some reason I can't sign in with my account | reply

Feb 07th 22:01
tonberryking999

I figured it out I accidentally typed in toberryking999, is there a way i can change my profile name | reply

Feb 07th 18:53
tonberryking999

how do i make my nickname "DM" | reply

Feb 07th 18:54
Udo

Since nicknames are global, that's probably already taken, sorry. | reply

Feb 07th 19:16
tonberryking999

Feb 04th 03:42
samitefan1

I created an account, then got logged out. Upon attempting to re-login, my password does not work. Is there any way I could get the account deleted (it was created approximately 10 minutes ago) so I can recreate it? | reply

Feb 04th 08:42
Udo

samitefan1: I removed your old account, the name should be available again. | reply

Feb 03rd 22:33
Lera

I understand that you needed to discontinue the legacy rooms, but is there anything when rolling dice in the new room that the base 1d20 or whatever you last typed will stay? It's really annoying when in the middle of combat and have to keep adding a hashtag and type it all out. My players keep messing up and as a GM when you are dealing with lots of monsters it's really annoying to not be able to just backspace and add something new. Maybe you can add settings? My default then could be selected on the rolling mode or something so it was like it was in legacy. | reply

Feb 04th 08:43
Udo

Lera: go to the "Tools" tab when inside your dice room. Check the option "clear input with # after die roll", that should emulate the old room's behavior. | reply

Feb 02nd 20:50
Phemzy

I absolutely love this site, its EXACTLY what ive been looking for for so long! I also love the medieval touch, adds more... feel.. anyway would really love if you could somehow make all this accessible through a mobile device for obvious reasons or maybe even a watered down version... i know so many people that would jump at it if and when that happens | reply

Feb 04th 08:47
Udo

Phemzy: well, the site should run okay on mobile, too, if it doesn't please let me know. If you're talking about an app that has offline rolling capabilities: that existed at one point, both for Android and iOS. However, it was expensive and tedious to maintain the app, especially since almost nobody bought it. I think it was like 20 sales total for 1.99 each over more than two years! App store membership alone costs me more than a hundred bucks per year ;)

So no, not going into that rathole again... | reply

Jan 31st 07:26
Firnagzen

Hey, Udo, just curious - when exactly are the rooms going down, in say UTC time? | reply

Jan 31st 11:03
Udo

I was thinking about 12:00 UTC tomorrow. The rooms won't be down as such, but you won't be able to post to them anymore. There should also be a download link as of now, allowing you to export your stuff. If you need any help with the data, let me know.

I'll keep the room data available for a couple of months at least. | reply

Jan 31st 11:27
Firnagzen

Noted, thank you very much! | reply

Jan 29th 16:36
Aegis

So the rooms are gone? They aren't connecting at all. | reply

Jan 25th 17:58
Billy

Okay you said that the reason the rooms are gone is because of server crash, well i re-added my rooms and they have gone again for a second time.

Plus like Jazmine says I have some-one's notes which is very strange. | reply

Jan 25th 18:00
Udo

Yes, I just informed you that I cleared out all room associations made within the last few days.

What's that about someone saying you have someone else's notes? | reply

Jan 25th 08:04
Nadaleh

I forgot my password for my account. How i can recovery it? | reply

Jan 25th 06:53
The Laughing Stranger

Hello! My group and I have been using this site for years. Thanks for hosting the legacy rooms as long as you have. I am trying to move things over to the current dice roll rooms, but I am having some difficulties. We use a d10 pool system and I would like to see the individual numbers rolled, but the 'auto expand results button' does not appear to be working. Toggling it does not result in any change to the displayed dice, before or after the button is used. Not sure if it is a bug or if I am missing something. | reply

Jan 25th 07:16
Udo

The Laughing Stranger: hey there, it was a bug, yes. It should be fixed now... | reply

Jan 25th 06:06
Rook

Hey, Udo. I used your legacy rooms a lot, for a long time. Firstly I would like to thank you for maintaining them for so long. You have been very good to a lot of the older users, especially my old group, and I would like you to understand just how appreciated that is.

That being said, I have to ask you to clarify something: when the legacy rooms go down, will the logs of said rooms still be accessible? Or will those also be going down?

Cheers | reply

Jan 25th 06:07
Rook

Alternatively just answer Firnagzen since we're asking the same question because we both want to know, lol, sorry for the doubelpost | reply

Jan 25th 07:16
Udo

Rook: thank you for understanding, it wasn't an easy decision, but I just don't have the resources to keep both the legacy and the "new" rooms updated. I'm going to make an export function that will allow you to archive your room log. | reply

Jan 25th 06:05
Firnagzen

Hey, I noticed the Legacy rooms are being shut down. Will the logs still be available? | reply

Jan 25th 07:14
Udo

Firnagzen: Hey, yeah I got your email. I was thinking about offering an exporter so people can retrieve the room log. | reply

Jan 25th 12:58
Firnagzen

Oh, very nice! I'd love that, thanks! | reply

Jan 29th 01:55
Firnagzen

Hey, Udo? Just curious, do we have an ETA or a guarantee on the logs downloader? | reply

Jan 24th 20:11
Jazmine

What the hey. I just logged on under my user name and password and some random stuff has ended up in library. Furthermore, my notes for my room have gone missing. Help please. | reply

Jan 24th 20:12
Udo

Jazmine: server crashed, should be okay again now | reply

Jan 24th 18:23
Sarah

Hello! I started 2 Dice Rooms and they have both disappeared. | reply

Jan 24th 20:06
Char

Yup same issue. Can't get onto either of my usual dice rooms. No chat text and some random notes which don't belong to me or the other DM | reply

Jan 24th 20:12
Udo

Sarah: Yeah, chat server was down. It's restarted now. Let me know if you encounter any more problems! | reply

Jan 19th 02:37
ThePlatinumPaladin

As the creator/owner of a Dice room, I wish I had more admin functionality. Specifically, I want exclusive controls over things like ignore, kick/ban, and other tools to keep the rest of my players in line. Sometimes, they really act like children.

Basically, with the Room that I was playing in, everybody had full access to all the powers, from generating NPCs to muting people. Somehow, *I* the GM got muted! | reply

Jan 19th 02:52
Udo

That's not what Rolz is designed for. There is no kick/ban, there is no mute either (don't know how you got that impression, maybe they were trolling you or you had connectivity problems). You can just password-protect the room and give the password only to the people you like.

Fundamentally, Rolz is not designed for adversarial groups, it's designed for groups of friends roleplaying together. You can prevent outsiders from joining by simply choosing an obscure room name, and you can choose a password. That should be more than enough for this scenario.

If you're using Rolz for some other purpose, you're on your own. I'm not going to try and be all things to all people. | reply

Jan 19th 03:03
ThePlatinumPaladin

That's the thing...They are all friends, who just get too tangled up with each other. It's a mix of confusion and frustration among them, so if I as GM can not do anything to quell such disruptions and infighting, I am concerned. | reply

Jan 19th 03:10
Udo

It's easy to create a new account and rejoin though, a ban or kick command wouldn't be effective at all.

I've been thinking about a feature where you as the room owner could specify a list of people who are allowed to be there. That might help in your case, but more fundamentally I think this is a social problem. You as the GM are in the unique position to make them understand you're not going to GM for them if they keep disrupting everything (the same would hold true for a physical session).

I'm going to build this whitelist feature though, maybe it could help in cases like this. | reply

Jan 19th 03:16
ThePlatinumPaladin

A whitelist would be kinda nice, but I was thinking of reserving most of the commands for the room owner, or whoever registered the room. That would help a lot, I think. Again, if things get too out-of-hand, then I just leave and then nobody gets to play.

No question, this is a social problem. But if all 4 or so players keep monkeying around with the NPC generator, for example, that can get seriously irksome when trying to conduct my game. If there were a way to toggle something so that only the room "owner" could use such functions like the NPC generator, that would go a long way in helping me. | reply

Jan 19th 03:18
Udo

I'll think about that, but I'm also not going to break things for other groups who might rely on these commands being available. In any case though, it sounds like your players will probably find a way to disrupt your session by any means.. | reply

Jan 19th 04:29
Udo

ThePlatinumPaladin, there is now a whitelist option to the /room command, and you can /kick people if you're the room's creator. | reply

Jan 19th 18:20
thePlatinumPaladin

Oh Awesome! I'll toy around with this, once I learn the specifics for how /room works. For now, thank you for your hard work and addressing my very specific concerns! :D | reply

Jan 19th 22:12
ThePlatinumPaladin

So I tried /room whitelist= and I tried /room whitelist=- and now, nobody can enter the room. At all. Not even the people I want. Similarly with /room names=off for turning off the names=on flag, I'm not sure how much of that is working right now. All I know is, people (at the time of this writing) are trying to get in, I want them in, but they can't get in. | reply

Jan 19th 22:14
Udo

I'm in the lobby, send me the room name via private message | reply

Jan 18th 21:00
Renan

How i can delete my account | reply

Jan 19th 00:30
Udo

Set the password to something you won't remember to lock yourself out. | reply

Jan 17th 21:29
Vi

So I seem to have an issue with Chrome/Canary that doesn't allow me to connect to rooms at all.

an endless loop of "connecting" is instead displayed. it works just fine on IE and Edge, but Chrome and Canary seem to have this issue for me. | reply

Jan 17th 23:18
Udo

Vi, regular Chrome works fine for me. If things are broken on Chrome Canary, that's most likely Canary's fault. I've seen canaries where networking didn't work at all.

Did you run the websocket test suite? | reply

Jan 07th 13:59
Luke

Any chance you'd add the Star Wars RPG dice? | reply

Jan 15th 18:15
Udo

Luke, it's been discussed before, and my stance remains at the moment: I feel the SW dice are copyrighted and it wouldn't be appropriate (or even legal) of me to include them here. It also seems to me that the special SW symbols are intended as a kind of copy protection scheme, I really don't want to mess with that.

Theoretically, I might be able to get away with just calling the symbols by generic names, but I'm not sure if that would help. | reply

Jan 02nd 13:32
Bloodfluke

Hi, how do I add a password to my room so that only people who know the password can enter it?

I can see an option for this when entering a room with my username, but I don't know how to change my room's settings so that a password is required. | reply

Jan 07th 00:39
Ref

Hey Bloodfluck, not speaking on behalf of Udo, but I think if you simply enter a room's name that hasn't already been used and put a password, then it'll be set up so that whenever entering this room, people will need the password you set up.

Cheers. | reply

Dec 26th 16:01
Ref

It seems the online rooms are down, what's going on? | reply

Dec 26th 16:22

Sorry, it's the holidays, I hadn't even noticed. :( | reply

Jan 07th 00:36
Ref

Hey no prob man, I found an alternative solution in the mean time, I'm glad it wasn't permanent though, my games are heavily dependent on the well-sake of your website :).

Question : do you have plans about integrating some ways to fiddle with cards? Like, regular playing cards. | reply

Jan 15th 18:11
Udo

Ref, it's one of the many ideas I have on my list, I'll just need some time to actually implement them ;) | reply

Dec 26th 14:46
Pho

Rooms currently online: 0 / active: 0
Users currently online: 0 / active: 0
Server status: Down

So sad. | reply

Dec 26th 16:22

Sorry, it's the holidays, I hadn't even noticed. :( | reply

Dec 26th 14:40
E

I have some issues with entring the room. It writes the "сonnecting..." messages only without any actual notes like rolls and text messages. | reply

Dec 26th 16:23

Sorry, it's the holidays, I hadn't even noticed. :( | reply

Dec 22nd 02:49
Lizzy

So I want to change my room so that you don't need an account to log into it, but it says I'm not the owner of the room. Not sure how to fix it as I didn't have an account when I set up the room.
The room's name is Lizard'sRoom | reply

Dec 17th 04:11
Kami

I forgot my password for my account. The name is Kami can you delete it? | reply

Dec 12th 11:11
Jonny667788

Hi Rolz

I believe what you built here is special. A place for Dnd players to come and enjoy each others company. The private room function is great and the dice rolling skill are fantastic.

A few things I have noticed which will make the site a lot better.

1) Is there a way to privately chat with a player via the site if they are in the game room with us - Player to player, GM to player or player to GM.

2) Joining a room can be really difficult. Perhaps there needs to be inbox type system where an admin can invite a player to a room and the player can join via clicking a link in a message?

3) Linking with other players to start a game is difficult. Along with a general lobby, perhaps considering instead of having a forum for game searches, have an extra lobby with for players looking to join a game.

4) Private messaging in a lobby. I am not sure if your able to use this function yet, however the ability to private message others is a must.

I know your probably wondering who this guy is. Choose to take on my advice, or don't, I just know the potential this site has. When you look at OCTGN (card game platform) and Virtual playtable (another card game platform) these are quite user friendly. I know this can be great so please keep going in developing the site. | reply

Nov 29th 17:00
Ivellios

So, the forum image isn't working for me, example: https://rolz.org/info?X17598164 | reply

Nov 07th 02:39
Onipuck

So, for the past couple of weeks, my group has been using your dice room to play a pseudo d20-lite system, the games tend to start around 7, or 8 on Saturdays and Sundays, and every time your website constantly goes down, is that your day for maintenance, or do the rooms crap out at any group larger than four? | reply

Nov 06th 02:37
Helgraf

Everything broke | reply

Oct 21st 18:05
The Unknown

Thanks a lot for this site! It's very useful.
---------------
But a lot more shortcuts will be much better. Say separate tab with 20 (or even more) lines like 4 lines in "Recent Chat Lines" (or even 2 columns of twice shorter lines) will be very nice.
---------------
Easy way to copy line in clipboard will be also nice. Say button near link on embed image.
---------------
Also 2 additional commands can be useful:
repeatN (or rN) - repeat previous roll N times (only roll, not conditions)
skipN (or sN) - skip next N groups of text [roll]

example:
axe attack [d20+10 1-17=skip3] crit check [repeat] damage [d12+10] or crit [r3; skip] damage [d12+10]
"repeat" here mean "d20+10"; "r3" will be "repeat 3 d12+10"

on 1-17 text in chat will be like:
axe attack [d20+10 1-17=skip3 = 22] damage [d12+10 = 13]
on 18-20:
axe attack [d20+10 1-17=skip3 = 29] crit check [repeat = 21] damage [d12+10 = 11] or crit [r3; skip = 38]
---------------
And last one option to hide text of command will be also good for long conditions:
"hide" (or h) - hide all text of command after it

example:
axe attack [d20 h 1-10=cancel 18-20=x2] damage [h d12+10]

will looks like:
axe attack [d20 = 2] damage [= 0]
axe attack [d20 = 11] damage [= 17]
axe attack [d20 = 19] damage [= 32] | reply

Oct 17th 19:28
Akrael

I enjoyed your free service. I will probably use it more often and leave a donation. Great Website!
Thanks a bunch! | reply

Sep 30th 19:41
HAWKE

You should add a way to delete old dice rooms. | reply

Sep 29th 20:46
Kris

I wonder if it's possible to add variables into the dice rolling?

For instance, with Call of Cthulhu you would have a skill value which you must roll below to succeed and roll 20% or less of in order to impale (or crit).

i.e. something like [d100 skill=78 (skill/5)=x2 (>skill)=cancel] damage [d10+2] | reply

Sep 01st 09:52
Dante Alighieri

I have the same question as spreader. Is it possible to remove chat room log?
I created dice room which room name is very important to me. I tested dice rolls and now a chat is quite messy. I was wondering is it any chance to remove old logs? Because the name of the room must be the same as is now.

Dante | reply

Aug 20th 15:55
Cayne

Hi,

Is it possible to remove dice rooms from my list? | reply

Aug 18th 04:31
Technique

I have a feature request that seems like it would be fairly simple to implement. I don't know if you are familiar with MUCK/MUX/MUSH gaming (online, text-based roleplaying servers that have been around since the Early Pliestocene era of the Internet), but on such games, there is an [email protected] <text>' command which emits <text> visible to everyone in the room, but without prepending the player's name. It is very useful for such things as GM scene-set poses and NPC poses, as well as player poses that don't start with either their character's name or 'CharacterName says,'...

For obvious reasons, on this site it would be undesirable for similar poses to be actually anonymous, but perhaps there could be a command which would emit text to the room with either the person emitting's name in brackets at the end, or, better yet, with an unobtrusive mark at the end that would reveal the emitter's name when one's mouse is hovered over it? | reply

Aug 14th 21:45
spreader

How does one delete a chat room one has created?
Is it possible to clear the chat archive from a room? | reply

Aug 14th 21:52
Udo

Why? Couldn't you just not tell anyone the room exists? | reply

Jul 31st 14:16
LuluZealander

Hello!

I'm fairly new to this website, and trying to set up a room in order to host a little online RPG event this next weekend for some people. For that it's very important that each player can roll privately, and only have to disclose it when asked for it.

I tried using the /self code in order to roll privately, but it seems despite using #1d6 ;1d6, or just 1d6 all the outcomes were 0. Maybe someone can explain to me how this is supposed to work? | reply

Aug 04th 17:31
LuluZealander

Can anyone give me response to this? :) | reply

Aug 04th 17:38
Udo

LuluZealander, sorry for the wait. It looks to me like you might be entering "/self #d6" instead of "/self d6" - could that be? | reply

Jul 30th 03:02
Aoi

Hi,
Great website and service as well, really useful, making all my games so fun. =)

So here's my question, is there a way to count rolls that are equal or lower than a value,
as with the basic success based-roll "E" (i.e 1d100E50 which count how many roll will be equal or greater than 50)
but in the other way, that would count how many are actually equal or lower than the chosen value ?

Thanks for everything. =) | reply

Jul 28th 23:03
ebany02

Hi,

I create a room recently, and I'm no longer listed as the owner/creator of the room. Is there any way to take this back or to set me as the owner? | reply

Jul 28th 23:05
ebany02

Just seen further down you ask people to email you about this, I'll do that now! :) | reply

Jul 22nd 17:41
Glowyeyes

I pressed the "recent chat lines" button that read "/nick <username> <password>" in attempt to log in to my username. Instead it posed my username and password in the forum :/ | reply

Jul 17th 14:45
Jonathan

The send function on the mobile version doesn't seem to be working. I have tried to refresh it multiple times. Any suggestions? | reply

Jul 13th 06:05
Kaneki ken

Be soooo helpful to have it work on mobile | reply

Jul 13th 05:30
Kiyoma

i cant set admin functions in one of my dice rooms. It says i'm not the admin | reply

Jul 12th 06:31
Usernames

Is there anyway to go to certain days on the log? I rather not go clicking on "load more items" for the next hour or so. | reply

Jul 09th 02:44
Pedro

Hi folks

Is it easy to build an app for android ?

Best regards | reply

Jul 27th 15:40
Glowyeyes

Yes, if we take it to a developer they'll likely charge about 20k USD and then we'll have a decent ROLZ app. | reply

Jun 21st 18:23
guy_incognito

Does anyone know if you can delete dice rooms once created? My room list is full of rooms I created by accident when mistyping room names. | reply

Jul 04th 08:16
Udo

No, you'll have to live with this grave mistake until just the real rooms are left :D | reply

Jun 20th 20:42
DogMaidMarcy

Could someone please delete my account? I can't figure out any way to do it myself. | reply

Jul 04th 08:15
Udo

Just log in and set your password to something random... | reply

Jun 20th 00:34
Laine

Probably not so much a bug as a feature that has been taken too far, a username I have been using for a long time (Michelle, the name of my character for the campaign we are playing) is now passworded.
Perhaps instead of passwording a name across all servers, have the passwords be room specific. | reply

Jul 04th 08:15
Udo

I disagree that it's a feature taken too far. Rolz always had password-less accounts, and I'm trying to keep it that way. It's essentially like an IRC server. If you really care about a nick, you should register it ;) | reply

Jun 17th 02:40
Pedro

Hi folks

Could you develop an app for Android?

Thanks
Pedro Sobrinho | reply

Jul 04th 08:12
Udo

I answered this a lot recently, I should probably add this to the help section ;)

An Android and iOS app existed at some point, but there was little interest in it, so I stopped updating the Android and iOS apps. | reply

Jun 13th 17:59
Hypnobeard

Is there a way currently to do Hackmaster 5e penetrating rolls? (That's an exploding die, but you subtract 1 from the exploded rolls, and d20 explodes to a d6 while d100 explodes to d20.)

Examples:

* Rolling d6, initial roll is 6, second roll is also 6, third roll is 3, final total is 6 + 5 [6-1] + 2 [3-1] = 13
* Rolling d20: initial roll is 20, second roll is 6, third roll is 6, fourth roll is 2, final total is 20 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 31. | reply

Jul 04th 08:11

As I said in the Tavern thread, I'll make a code for that. | reply

Jun 06th 08:54
olocampo

Is there a feature for "secret" rolls for the game master?
Would be useful feature so the game master can use a single tool | reply

Jun 07th 08:25
Udo

Yes, have a look at Chat Commands in the help tab: the /self command is what you're looking for. | reply

Jun 04th 17:07
Cevet

You have no option for password recovery and now I can't get back into my account/nickname.... | reply

Jun 07th 08:24
Udo

True, one of the drawbacks of having a minimal user account system. I might add an email field or something in the future to make this possible. If you're really attached to that nick, send me an email, I can reset it manually. | reply

May 27th 16:23
Kelly

Been gone for a while but just wanted to say I love this place, thanks for all the work you do. | reply

Jul 04th 08:11

Thanks, that's good to hear :) | reply

22. May 2016 11:49
Divine

Hello!

I am currently having an issue reaching my room. It was working fine yesterday morning (May 21st), but today it will not let me enter the room, view the logs, etc. May I have some help, please? | reply

22. May 2016 12:07
Udo

Well there was an update so maybe I broke something. But your description is very vague, could you be more specific? | reply

22. May 2016 12:10
Udo

What sort of issue is it? Do you see any error messages? What do I need to do to reproduce the bug? | reply

22. May 2016 14:41
Divine

On the front page, I enter my username and password, and I enter the name of the room I have been using. The room name uses both uppercase and lowercase letters, and it has a : in it, as well. There is an option for entering a 'room password', which is new, but I ignore that because I have never used a room password before.

I then 'join'.

Instead of bringing me to the room I typed in to join, the first time it created a room using the first two letters of the room name I entered, and now it persistently brings me to the created room, even when I try to /join the originally-intended room from the new room, or retype the room name from the front page.

The room name I have been trying to reach has never had issues before, even with the mixed-case name and the : . I have attempted joining the original room in both Chrome and Firefox, and I have typed in the room name by hand instead of via Autofill or similar 'shortcuts'.

I hope this helps with recreating or pinpointing the issue! If there is more specific information you need, let me know? | reply

22. May 2016 14:54

Oh, I see, yeah it's the : in the room name... I'll take care of it | reply

22. May 2016 15:53
Divine

Thank you! | reply

05. May 2016 08:19
kocmoc

Hey! Build an Android App.
I know at least 100 people starwing for app to roll from shortcuts in rooms!!! | reply

21. May 2016 10:59
Udo

At some point, there was both an Android and an iOS app - I can assure you, there is no market for such a thing. I eventually stopped maintaining it. | reply

May 24th 09:48
kocmoc

Hi! Thanks 4 reply.
Is there an old version of an app to look at it?
Will it connect to site? | reply