ROLZ

Leave Feedback

Name  Email (optional)
Captcha
^ what's the highest result you can get when rolling four d100?

Comments

Feb 11th 23:56
impossiblearchitect

How long is Rolz supposed to keep users logged in for? I keep finding myself signed out of private chatrooms and the like after only a few hours or so; it would be nice if I could stay logged in for much longer, on the order of a week at least. (It used to be a few days, I thought; but then again, maybe it's just because I'm more active now and my IP changes more frequently?) | reply

Feb 08th 22:58
Mike

Does anyone know if there's a way to go back into rooms that you created a long time ago? Beyond the last few rooms that it shows you on your list? | reply

Feb 05th 05:53
Victoeur

Great site! Maybe a little bug? When I try to close room with /room close command it will does not have any effect and all users can write a messages henceforward... | reply

Jan 31st 17:24
Perlkönig

I put an accent in my name, which the site allowed, but now I can't visit my profile page. Not sure if that's a result of the accent or not. Thanks for the site! | reply

Jan 30th 16:03
JWG

When a friend and I tried to join a dice room that we often use, it showed nothing on the side where the dice rolls are supposed to show except a little flashing square in the upper left corner. Is there something new that I don't know about or is there a glitch in the site? | reply

Jan 23rd 14:51
Victoeur

Is it possible to delete my last chat message in Dice Room? Or edit it? | reply

Jan 16th 10:18
unicorn

gen d20 is faulty, it gives 4d6h, i.e. the highest of 4d6 per attribute.
The dice code used should be 4d6h3 = the highest three of 4d6. | reply

Jan 05th 23:42
kacey

is there anyway you can add a function to download a dice room's log? | reply

Jan 05th 01:38
Udo

In the menu on the top right, click on "Dice Room", then on that page, there is a button on the first panel that says "Register New Account". Use that to register a nick name. After that you can always use that nick/password combo to recall your settings. | reply

Jan 04th 03:54
HON

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function gmp_strval() in /home/html/rolz.org/lib/textutils.class.php:144 Stack trace: #0 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(32): TextUtils::baseConvert('767c1a73f338c29...', 62, 16) #1 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(42): Account::startSession() #2 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.clas

This server is error. I use Chrome
check please. | reply

Jan 05th 01:33
Udo

It was y complication from the server re-install should be okay now. | reply

Jan 12th 11:37
Starmonkey

That is NOT consistent with the documentation:

"D20/Pathfinder/Dungeons&Dragons Attributes: Use gen d20 to generate a set of D20 attributes. For each attribute, the formula 4D6H is used (drop the lowest d6)." | reply

Jan 03rd 19:51
Steve Stein

Looks like it's still broken on Firefox (Mac):
atal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function gmp_strval() in /home/html/rolz.org/lib/textutils.class.php:144 Stack trace: #0 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(32): TextUtils::baseConvert('51e6350303f40ce...', 62, 16) #1 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(42): Account::startSession() #2 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(165): Account::uid() #3 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(11): Account->tryLoadFromSession() #4 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/account.class.php(50): Account->__construct() #5 /home/html/rolz.org/lib/ui.class.php(26): Account::getInstance() #6 /home/html/rolz.org/interface/default.php(14): UI::headerImage('rolz-headimg4.j...', Object(Closure)) #7 /home/html/rolz.org/index.php(63): include('/home/html/rolz...') #8 {main} thrown in /home/html/rolz.org/lib/textutils.class.php on line 144 | reply

Jan 05th 01:34
Udo

Sorry I didn't notice this problem earlier, should be okay now. | reply

Jan 12th 11:40
Starmonkey

That is NOT consistent with the documentation:

Jan 03rd 10:10
Starmonkey

RNG broken? Am testing both "gen d20" and "repeat 6 4D6H" and I'm getting < 10, every time.

Example:

repeat 6 4D6H => 6 ; 6 ; 4 ; 5 ; 5 ; 5
repeat 6 4D6H => 6 ; 4 ; 4 ; 6 ; 5 ; 6
repeat 6 4D6H => 6 ; 6 ; 5 ; 6 ; 5 ; 6
repeat 6 4D6H => 5 ; 6 ; 5 ; 6 ; 6 ; 6
repeat 6 4D6H => 6 ; 6 ; 6 ; 5 ; 4 ; 5 | reply

Jan 05th 01:35
Udo

You will never get more than 6. 4D6H rolls 4 D6 and gives you the highest die. | reply

Dec 15th 14:39
Seamus Orzoz

i notice when playing with shortcuts that the room says if your nickname is authenticated, your settings will be saved. however when i look, i cannot figure out how to authenticate my nickname. would it be possible to add a button or option to make that feature more readily accessble? | reply

Jan 05th 01:38

Dec 10th 22:26
PeteN

I have a bunch of dice rooms that display. How can I remove one? I know you can close a room but they still display. | reply

Jan 05th 01:39
Udo

It's just a history of your last-used rooms. You can't currently clear that history manually. | reply

Dec 09th 16:29
Onyx

I rolled 20d10e1 and got 10 successes. Why? Shouldn’t it be 20 successes? | reply

Jan 05th 01:43
Udo

There seems to be a bug in the "E1" case specifically. If you changed that to a number like 20d10e2, you'll get the correct result... | reply

Dec 04th 22:07
Rick

My dice rooms keep breaking. I can only see some of the rolls my players do, and some straight up will not show. | reply

Nov 14th 23:26
Rahiel

Hello. Is there any way to go to the beginning of the log? We have gamę going on for several years and i would like a nostalgia trip | reply

Jan 05th 01:44
Udo

Not right now, you'd have to click your way to the beginning. You're right, the UI for this should be better. | reply

Nov 12th 01:12
Nicolas B. Merçon

The maximum of Shortcuts that I can save is 6. If I reload the page, all other shortcuts beyond shortcut #5 is cleared erased. For now, I'm saving the codes in a .txt and copy+paste when in need | reply

Nov 09th 14:21
Inacio

Hello

I see we can know how a result came to be by clicking on it.
Is there any way to automatically show that info, without having to individually click the results?

ty | reply

Jan 05th 01:47
Udo

Yes, there is a way. When inside a dice room, click on the cog symbol in the right pane. The 3rd section here is "Options". Click on "auto-expand dice results" to enable. | reply

Aug 08th 14:23
James

Good morning I am trying to produce several roll for Chronicles of Darkness (2nd Edition nWOD)

6d10 Target Number 8 Exloding 8
So every die 8 or over is a succces and a reroll

What is the proper code for this.

Jul 24th 00:17
DemonHorn

Is there a way to use to "Success functions" in one roll? I play World of Darkness and our rolls are all die 10. Any number above 7 is a success and 10 count as double successes. Basically it would be awsome if -5D10F7X10 worked.

Roll 5 d10. All Successes above 7 are counted and 1's are subtracted and 10s count twice.

Ive tried to read all the comands but can seem to find away to combine functions.

Any suggestions? | reply

Jul 09th 21:11
Joshua

Is this page still being funded and updated? | reply

May 23rd 20:41
Simon

Bonjour,

je nai.pus accès a votre site avec mon ordi. Mon fournisseur internet me dit que vous m'avez bloqué. Est-ce que je.peux savoir pourquoi ? | reply

May 19th 03:22
dhayi

GLITCH: after using the " #gen dh help " all the formation of the log was broken after it, picture: https://prnt.sc/nqf310 the room name its " dhayi " if need to see | reply

May 05th 11:13
Christoph

Hey,

I am from the EU and we used your tool for playing a pen a paper role play game for years.
We were sad to hear, that it is no longer available for us.
Would it be possible to pay you for the source code, so we can build the rolz on a private server just for us?

Best Chris | reply

Apr 30th 01:15
Graves

I forgot my password to my nickname. I've tried all the ones I thought it could be. Could you delete that so I could remake it or email me the password? | reply

Apr 30th 01:15
Graves

Apr 13th 21:48
Boris

I can NEVER make a room...

Choose username, leave password blank... every time I get a message "Password not for this account" | reply

Apr 09th 07:53
Lorebot

your 'gen d20' command is only returning the highest single die from the 4d6 that it rolls for each attribute. It should be rolling '4d6H3' not just '4d6H'. | reply

Apr 08th 06:35
Howard Bishop

I'm registered as LaticsExile, but it's not accepting my password for some reason. | reply

Apr 07th 03:40
DBS

Sometimes when I read the messages in a dice room, switch to a different internet browser tag, then switch back to the Rolz dice room window tag some of the previously posted messages is missing from the main chat room window. The missing text is still in the history tag, but I'm not entirely sure what's happening there. Sometimes it clips text from the beginning and shortens it all to look like I just logged in mid-conversation, other times it's missing other sent text lines in the middle of the active chat log window and there's a single time stamp in place of the missing messages instead. Still all readable in the history tag, but I was wondering if that was a glitch or something to do with internet connection issues? | reply

Apr 03rd 18:04
Valdus

Someone needs to kill this Alric in the lobby chat. It is some persistent bot! | reply

Apr 03rd 16:50
Valdus

Are the private forums, seen by everyone or just the creator/owner? | reply

Jul 09th 21:13
Joshua

It looks like the chats can only be seen by registered users that use that room. | reply

Mar 25th 12:19
Echo4

Would it be possible to implement the ability to change the color of the character's name when using the '/say NAME' command? It comes up default orange, which I find difficult to read on this background due to vision issues. Being able to set it to default to another color would be a lot easier for me. | reply

Mar 21st 19:45
C0$m0$

How do I delete dice rooms and libraries? | reply

27. Feb 2019 01:39
M.Nix

Your d20 generator is broken. It's giving the single highest of 4d6 instead of the three highest. It's because you're using the dice code 4d6H when you should be using 4d6H3. | reply

21. Feb 2019 03:03
Theodore/Zach

I would like to create and be able to continuously edit multiple wiki pages within my chat room. I was able to create one but after I clicked "save changes" the page was saved but there is no longer an option to create a new page or even edit the one already created. Is this a bug or am I looking at it wrong and just unable to locate the edit/add new page buttons? | reply

19. Feb 2019 10:35
Antonis

Hello, is there any way I can send the results of my dice to multiple email addresses? or a group? We are trying to play a pbem game and it is 6 of us | reply

14. Feb 2019 03:31
Tu vieja

Lo que pasa es que su algoritmo se afecta por las tiradas anteriores, una cagada voy a dejar de jugar con rolz.org | reply

14. Feb 2019 02:19
handofheaven

Couldn't you use the /nick feature in each room? they keep their username and login, but can change how they are identified in each room for the duration of the session? | reply

14. Feb 2019 02:20
handofheaven

comment meant for Maxine below, but for some reason bumped as a new comment | reply

06. Feb 2019 15:56
panbg2

room - chlopushka

command - 59N59
there are 58 numbers in the generated list only. Without number 21. | reply

22. Jan 2019 00:46
Salt

when I first registered this account, I had 6 shortcuts in my6 lobby that successfully saved. Now when I go to make any more shortcuts, it does not save them. Any clues? | reply

29. Jan 2019 15:15

Sorry to hear that, I'll look into it. | reply

20. Jan 2019 15:38
Maxime

Hey guys,

I'm new here but i'm looking for an app/site that let people easily manage same user to change their name (to fit their character) in different chat room.

Any way to do this on this site?

Thanks, | reply

29. Jan 2019 15:15
Udo

I had a feature like that planned, but it currently does not exist. | reply

14. Feb 2019 02:21
handofheaven

19. Jan 2019 01:50
J Doe

Additive Re-Rolling (i.e. 10D6R8) is NOT working.

A roll of 6 on a D6 should additive a re-roll to the 6 value (Roll a D6 get a 6, re-roll get a 3 = Rolled a 6+3 = 9 )

Right now it just stops on 6 on a D6. | reply

19. Jan 2019 19:03
J Doe

Looks like you now have to use EXPLOAD to do this...

So for a D6 to reach a target number 7+ it needs the EXPLOAD modifier. ('explode=max 10R8' would roll 10 d6, re-rolling 6s to possibly get the 8 target number). | reply

07. Jan 2019 18:54
Eddie

I am trying to find an online die roller that works with Firefly RPG. Basically the die roller here fails, because multiple die types are used in one roll and it is generating 2 highest die out of all the die types rolled. It also collects 1's and those are marked as jinxes and can be used as complications using a Plot Point (similar to Genesys Story Points or FFG SW RPG Destiny Points)

I can do the formula in Excel and get it to work, so there should be a way in an online dice roller. I can provide the code or .xls to show how.

Is this something that can be incorporated?

Basically need ( 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d4 )H2 where it shows the highest 2 rolls of all the dice, and usually will all be different die types. That would be a start.. then a way to count 1's and make them so they are discarded from the total highest 2.. .. so if you roll a d8 and d6 and you roll a 1 and a 6.. the highest dice roll is only 6 (not 7) because 1's don't count other than as a jinx (like a crit fail, but your opposition has to spend something to make them into complications, otherwise they don't count at all).

If all 1's are rolled on the dice, it is called a botch, and results in 0 success, and real bad things happen. In some cases, like if you are injured and Taken Out of the scene, you can spend a Plot Point to take limited actions. While in limited actions, only the Highest 1 die is counted. All have to be shown in the result because players can spend PP on adding another one of the die results to the total. | reply

01. Jan 2019 07:13
Jader7777

Several times I've had my Shortcuts get deleted. What exactly makes Rolz remember the shortcuts I've created?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/526665015579639835/529557638057295872/unknown.png | reply

31. Dec 2018 03:41
Keven

I know it will sound like bitching but the site doesn't work with me, I rolled 2 d20 + 4 and the result was always 5, I rolled 10 times and the result was always bellow 8, This site is really bugged with me, there is no absolute way | reply

29. Jan 2019 15:16

Sorry, I can't reproduce this problem. | reply

13. Nov 2018 02:53
Darthoridan

i have a user, bt my shortcuts already deleted when i log in the room. only have 6 of 55 writed. | reply

10. Nov 2018 13:50
Saul

Hello. On of players of mine have a problem: when he tries to enter our game room, he enter SOME room with correct name yet without the rest of us or our chat logs. | reply

06. Nov 2018 15:17
TheSkyGamer

How do I make a room with a password on it?
Thanks! | reply

31. Oct 2018 10:18
Ilya

Hey! I get the strange results with running `gen d20` command:
There are no characteristics more than 6.

Following I added couple of results:
Str 5 (-3), Con 6 (-2), Dex 5 (-3), Int 4 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 4 (-3)
Str 5 (-3), Con 4 (-3), Dex 6 (-2), Int 5 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 4 (-3)
Str 6 (-2), Con 4 (-3), Dex 5 (-3), Int 5 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 6 (-2)
Str 6 (-2), Con 6 (-2), Dex 3 (-4), Int 5 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 5 (-3)
Str 4 (-3), Con 6 (-2), Dex 2 (-4), Int 4 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 5 (-3)
Str 6 (-2), Con 3 (-4), Dex 6 (-2), Int 5 (-3), Wis 5 (-3), Cha 5 (-3)
Str 6 (-2), Con 4 (-3), Dex 4 (-3), Int 5 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 5 (-3)
Str 6 (-2), Con 5 (-3), Dex 5 (-3), Int 6 (-2), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 6 (-2)
Str 5 (-3), Con 4 (-3), Dex 6 (-2), Int 6 (-2), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 6 (-2)
Str 5 (-3), Con 5 (-3), Dex 6 (-2), Int 6 (-2), Wis 3 (-4), Cha 2 (-4)
Str 6 (-2), Con 3 (-4), Dex 3 (-4), Int 4 (-3), Wis 5 (-3), Cha 6 (-2)
Str 6 (-2), Con 5 (-3), Dex 6 (-2), Int 5 (-3), Wis 6 (-2), Cha 6 (-2) | reply

27. Dec 2018 19:48
Ektoer GM

It seems that the formula the gen is using es #4d6h for each roll, but this only takes the HIGHEST dice out of those 4 d6 dice, the correct formula should be #4d6h3 to take the 3 highest rolls... I hope this helps the Dev to correct this gen roll (BTW if Dev sees this I can help on development as a fellow developer and game master ^u^) | reply

30. Oct 2018 17:20
stacie

Please add a forgot password link and if possible, the ability to change your password in your profile. At this time, my password is weak and has been compromised on other sites. This puts your site at risk. Thanks. | reply

28. Oct 2018 08:09
Konnor2253

Can't join the room. I have already use command with password. Room - ''Ad Astra 2354'' | reply

27. Oct 2018 09:36
GM_Strangler

For some time now several rooms owned by me, and one owned by a friend, have been encountering a strange issue. Currently, only one dice roll is allowed per post, and when attempting to roll more than one die, the following (recently attempted) result appears:
GM_Strangler rolls 1d6 = 2 #1d6 #1d6

This causes the 2nd, 3rd, and all onward rolls to fail. One of our biggest rules stipulates that actions in a paragraph MUST be rolled in order, which.. this issue has effectively broken our speed-of-posting, forcing players and GM's into posting single rolls between paragraphs. Is this a known issue or something unique? | reply

03. Oct 2018 00:52
alexis

Just a minor bug report - dice rolls above halfway up the chat box that are enough to take up 2 lines glitch out and flash open and closed repeatedly because the (i) icon moves away from your mouse, thereby closing it, and so the (i) moves back down, opening it again... | reply

19. Sep 2018 07:22
Campaign DM

This would be golden as an app for the phone. I use this for between my real sessions to keep things... rolling.. *groan*.
You have done a very cool thing here. | reply

13. Sep 2018 15:48
Jason

When I try to roll stats for a D&D character using your site, the highest scores I get are 6's. I've rolled 4-5 sets of numbers, and each time they turn out to be 2,3,5,6,4,3 or something like that. I don't think your programming is totally up to speed.You might want to address this if you want people to use your site. | reply

19. Sep 2018 07:27
CampaignDM

I've used #3d6 and it gave me a 10, 14 and a 9...
which dice code do you use? (I am still learning all of this here, but being a DM I've been pouring over it to not let my group down and have the basics... I think) | reply

09. Sep 2018 04:10
Rodrigo

Hi!
I was wondering... there's a way to use the F and X function in one roll? | reply

15. Aug 2018 18:37
Sally Lloyd

How do you reset a password | reply

08. Aug 2018 19:27
JEFF

4d6h doesn't work properly. For example:

JeffW rolls gen d20 Str Con = Str 6 (-2), Con 6 (-2), Dex 5 (-3), Int 3 (-4), Wis 4 (-3), Cha 6 (-2) | reply

08. Aug 2018 03:12
Matt

Is there any way you can allow for a roll and a comparison to a Wiki Page?

IE: #d100 =< wikiPage.StatVariable | reply

07. Aug 2018 12:39
thatgirlNetwork

Dear Udo

I made a discord bot solely for rolling through the rolz.org API…
If I can find a place to easily host it and run it from, may I?
Alternatively, if you want to host it, that'd be great.

If you don't want a rolz discord bot permanently hosted at all, that's fine, too.
If you already have a rolz bot, let me know, and I'll use it instead. | reply

30. Jul 2018 20:38
J B

Looks like "R" additive re-rolling is not working. Tried 4D6R8 (or 4R8) and it never rolled over a 6 in 30+ attempts. But using 4M6 works fine. | reply

11. Jul 2018 15:14
Ross

Love this, I'm using the API in conjunction with Alfred app to make quick dice rolls in my games. Saves a lot of time for lots of enemies.

For a query like "repeat 6 1d20", I can't work out if it's possible to construct the query string to get the API to parse it correctly. Any tips on getting that working? | reply

09. Jul 2018 20:26
Gremias

I forgot my password AGES ago, any help? :< | reply

29. Jun 2018 16:23
DungeonMasterToby

I've got two groups started and one is already role-playing. During the process of learning Rolz, I accidently started a few rooms that I will never use. How can I delete these rooms or more directly, remove them from my "forum posts/rooms" menu? | reply

03. Jul 2018 18:27
Udo

For most purposes you can just ignore these rooms. If it's REALLY important to you, send me an email with the room names, but even if I purge the rooms, they'll stay in your list. However, since the most recently used rooms always go to the top of the list, it should probably be fine... | reply

22. Jun 2018 19:10
Hop

Hello!

Switched to this site for some of my RPGs and I'm really happy with it so far. However, my only complain about it is that since my group tends to like making big posts, reading and reviewing them is hard without being able to type on new lines or on a text box that shows more than one line, respectively. Are these something you intend on eventually implementing?

Best regards. | reply

03. Jul 2018 18:29
Udo

Maybe, I don't know, it would probably break the site on mobile, but I guess I could do this eventually :) | reply

11. Jun 2018 19:48
Fmaster_v2

Connecting....Connecting.....Connecting....Why? | reply

03. Jul 2018 18:28
Udo

The most likely reason is that you can't use Websockets, commonly this is because the protocol is blocked by a firewall or some such. | reply

02. Jun 2018 14:24
aegisblack

I know it's rng, but damn my dice rolls over the last two weeks have royally sucked...80% of the time i can't get a roll above 10. | reply

30. May 2018 16:36
JJ

Hello,
I’m curious if something had changed in the rolling algorithms recently (in the last few months maybe)? The rolling seems to became more chaotic and less resembling normal distribution. We are playing WoD where you roll several dice and get “successes”, and it may be just me, but now the weird “minimaxed” rolling sequences like 9 9 9 2 1 9 8 7 or 5, 2, 8, 4, 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 7 seem to appear way too often. I ran a few tests on the Rolz main page, and it does appear to be an issue, and not just a stroke of (bad) luck. | reply

02. Jun 2018 14:29
aegisblack

yeah man i think something is off...we are using d20 and i can't seem to get above 10 eighty percent of the time | reply

03. Jul 2018 18:24
Udo

I can't reproduce this, when I generate things like 100d20, it's usually between 1000 and 1100, which seems normal to me. Also the distribution of the numbers seems fine to me. | reply

22. May 2018 17:29
Sally Lloyd

I’m using a iPhone 6s+ to access Rolz. I can’t get the blogs for the game I’m in and I can’t post new threads in the forum. Please help me | reply

23. May 2018 06:26
Udo

I'm also using an iPhone and I don't have any issues. While Rolz isn't exactly designed for mobile, it should work. You didn't give me a lot to go on either. I'll need a description of what problems you are actually experiencing. | reply

08. May 2018 21:23
shinyness

when you add modifiers i.e. 1d20+5 the mod is set as equal to zero so the roll comes out as wrong. | reply

08. May 2018 22:23
Udo

Looks like something went wrong with the last update, I'm taking care of it | reply

03. May 2018 01:31
Anonymous Coward

Is there no way to change password? | reply

08. May 2018 00:41
Udo

Since we don't use email addresses for accounts, there is no way to reset your password. You'll have to create a new account. | reply

22. Apr 2018 21:18
Kat

Heya,

I see you have a equal to and greater formula. Is there something like a equal to and under?

For example, in a quest that I follow, it has a Talent Number and in order to count cultivation successes, it's every roll that's equal to your talent no. and lower for successes. So if you talent number is, say, 6, 1-6 = successes, but 7-10 = failures. | reply

20. Apr 2018 11:12
Charles

I have read the law, the citizen brief made available to us. Not the full document introduced to the Union (yet.)

First and foremost; this website is not a business. It would be considered a private, non commercial website, and these laws target companies. (Registered and all, operating in the EU or having trade deals in place legitimizing working in the EU and of course, being subject to EU laws whilst doing so.) Because you are not a "Service provider." in the term of a contract (Tit for Tat) But rather a free to use tool online using donations i do not think you are subject to the penalties or obligations.

Secondly in regards to liability, I think you lawyers was commenting on: (Art. 33-34 of the Regulation)

"If your data is lost or stolen, and if this data breach could harm you, the
company causing the data breach will have to inform you (and the relevant data
protection supervisory authority) without undue delay. If the company doesn’t do
this, it can be fined. Recent attacks, such as WannaCry, Meltdown and Spectre, or
the Uber case show how important this new right is."

That is to say if Damages WERE suffered, proven by court, and willful ignorance or attempts to cover up the breach, proven in court sanctions will be filed. But, because you are not a for-profit anything. But i also do not think your site (as far as i can see) stores any information that could "Hurt" a person. People do not have secrets hidden here, banking information, credit cards? Home adresses?

And (Art. 12-14 of the Regulation)

A right to receive clear and understandable information
about who is processing your data, what data they are processing and why they are
processing it.

I do not reckon you store much information, but you will need to have one of those anoying eula's or pop up saying. "We have cookies, store your ip for future visits and do not do anything with th is information, the Eu has asked me to be annoying so click on the TRIANGLE, not the X to say "Ok man. what ever let me roll dice."

It is my opinion that you will be fine, but asking lawyers who understands EU laws and your specific obligation is a good step to ensure you manage your risks.

I have been using your site recently and hope to continue to use the work of your great efforts in the comming years.

Stay calm, be good, and be cool man.

-Eu guy. | reply

08. May 2018 00:39
Udo

Charles, thanks for taking the time to post some advice about this. While I am personally reasonably sure that Rolz is not in violation of the spirit of the data protection laws, my personal risk due to operating the site has undoubtedly increased now. I have taken some steps to hopefully limit the damage that can be done to Rolz.

I do not believe, however, there is sufficient grounds to distinguish legally between a company and an individual providing a service, even if that service is not for profit. As an EU citizen, I'm personally responsible for any and all liabilities that arise out of Rolz. It is my understanding that a European court will not treat hobbyists differently from corporations. Even assuming that I'd win in the end, the mere act of defending myself against a lawyer specializing in for-profit complaints is financially precarious for me.

As I posted elsewhere, I have taken some minimal steps to hopefully limit my personal exposure. Blanket geoblocking the EU isn't going to happen anymore, however, I will be blocking access from Germany, because that is where most of the danger is coming from. | reply

16. Apr 2018 20:59
Max

Hey dude, I don't really understand what you're saying with your latest message, but nothing in any EU legislation would stop EU residents from accessing this site, their is no legal issue.

All the best | reply

19. Apr 2018 13:21
Udo

Max, I'm not sure if Rolz exposes me to liability, and the lawyer I talked to (who was admittedly not very good) said that the site really needs to be run by a limited liability company, one that is preferably not registered in the EU. I'm definitely getting a second opinion on this... | reply

08. Apr 2018 02:10
Ashandarei

No way to change password? | reply

13. Apr 2018 13:42
Udo

Ashandarei, since user accounts are not linked to anything else (like email addresses for example), the only way to go about this is to register another user account. | reply

03. Apr 2018 18:41
Epid

Hey great side! but i was so smart and forgotten my password :) to my account name as epid can you help me? | reply

01. Apr 2018 02:25
Anonymous Coward

Ending a roll with a semi-colon rolls an extra d0. | reply

31. Mar 2018 11:10
Rumsie

If I try to save shortcuts it only saves the first six. Everytime I change Dice Rooms all my other shortcuts are reset. | reply